Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We are currently on track to have the 3rd best offense in our school’s history (ppg wise) with one of the nation’s toughest schedules. The only offenses that scored more points than this one are the 2014 and 2015 teams, and we still play an FCS school and a bad ole miss defense which will likely make that PPG go up and possibly Surpass the 15 team. The reason people are down on Mike Leach is because Ole Miss has an exceptional head coach, not just a good head coach like we have. They look at them and say we should be as good or better no matter what. I am not saying that is the wrong attitude to have. A rising tide lifts all boats. That being said, some perspective is needed.
    That may be some people, but it's not me. Couldn't care less about Ole Miss, as long as they don't win it all. What I do care about is being a 6-6 or 7-5 team, or worse, every year. I'm ready to be better than that. I've been skeptical that ML is the right guy to get us over that hump, and I remain so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And you know Leach didn't suggest to the entire team to take a flu vaccine. So... you know they didn't. If one person had the flu in the locker room, then 25 of them are going to have it showing symptoms by game time.
    Lets blame Leach for getting sick too. What a dumbass fire him immediately Kiffin never gets sick

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    All I can tell you is that under Mullen I didn't dread 3rd and less than 2 yards.

We could convert third and short under Mullen. Teams are playing faster and offenses are getting the ball more and more, so the stats are inflated, across the board. I just know that on 3rd and 1 I want Mullen making the call and not Leach.

That doesn't mean I want Mullen back, I don't ever really mention him, but since you brought him up - that is what I think.
    We very rarely run tempo (which I don’t like). We have been a ball control offense for 3 years. Our stats aren’t inflated, they just simply fly in the face of people’s warped reality of what Mullen did on offense every year here outside of Dak’s 2 main years. Mullen averaged 7 wins a year and most people consider him our best coach ever. I want more than that and I am fine with moving on from Leach if we can find someone to do better. Just putting our expectations in perspective as to what we were even with our best coach ever.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-09-2022 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    3rd best in our history is complete shit. Sorry, but our history of offensive production is shit. We didn't hire Leach to have a bad offense. We hired him to win games with great offenses. Haven't seen it yet. And in three years we have only played a complete offensive game once. Every other game, we have taken off huge chunk of the game and pissed it away. It has happened every single game this season, even against non-conference teams.

The one game we did play a complete game on offense, Game 1 against LSU. Ever since then..... amateur hour.
    Please tell us what offense never stalls, punts or turns the ball over. I'll wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    All I can tell you is that under Mullen I didn't dread 3rd and less than 2 yards.

We could convert third and short under Mullen. Teams are playing faster and offenses are getting the ball more and more, so the stats are inflated, across the board. I just know that on 3rd and 1 I want Mullen making the call and not Leach.

That doesn't mean I want Mullen back, I don't ever really mention him, but since you brought him up - that is what I think.
    So QB dive? Real innovative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We very rarely run tempo (which I don?t like). We have been a ball control offense for 3 years. Our stats aren?t inflated, they just simply fly in the face of people?s warped reality of what Mullen did on offense every year here outside of Dak?s 2 main years. Mullen averaged 7 wins a year and most people consider him our best coach ever. I want more than that and I am fine with moving on from Leach if we can find someone to do better. Just putting our expectations in perspective as to what we were even with our best coach ever.
    I'm too lazy to do the research but I wouldn't be surprised to see that we run more offensive plays per game under Leach than we did with Mullen
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm too lazy to do the research but I wouldn't be surprised to see that we run more offensive plays per game under Leach than we did with Mullen
    72.6 plays a game this season, and 75 a game last year.
    2017 - 75.9
    2016 - 72.5
    2015 - 71.3
    2014 - 77

Essentially the same as Mullen.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    72.6 plays a game this season, and 75 a game last year.
    2017 - 75.9
    2016 - 72.5
    2015 - 71.3
    2014 - 77

Essentially the same as Mullen.
    thanks ... yeah that's pretty even .... I keep trying to fabricate some good MoJo for Leach but it's not easy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    So QB dive? Real innovative.
    That's a QB dive out of the shotgun thank you. It's not just a QB dive.**

Seriously though, Mullen's play calling got worse the longer he was here. I think having limitations at QB forced him to be more creative his first few years, then once he got his system installed, he got predictable and stale.