Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    CML is going to play the QB that he trusts, knows his offense, and knows how to run it, and right now that is Will. I don't think CML gives a crap about passing records.
    Well if he insists on riding this horse he either does not care about wins or he simply is misguided in his thinking. Either way another season of 6-7 wins, some passing records, a fourth Egg Bowl loss and a substandard bowl game is unacceptable. We are being asked to contribute more money and potentially be faced with the same results. The new AD needs to assess Leach’s strategy for the position and then pull the cord if necessary. We need a more versatile QB. Just get it the 17 done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If Leach is going to run this offense, then Will is our guy.

If he refuses to put an RPO element to his offense, there is no reason to remove Will. He does great a job in the offense he is given.
    A great job of what. Completing short auto throws when the cover guys are not jumping the routes and there’s no edge rush. Yeah he’s great at completing short snap throws without thinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Well if he insists on riding this horse he either does not care about wins or he simply is misguided in his thinking. Either way another season of 6-7 wins, some passing records, a fourth Egg Bowl loss and a substandard bowl game is unacceptable. We are being asked to contribute more money and potentially be faced with the same results. The new AD needs to assess Leach?s strategy for the position and then pull the cord if necessary. We need a more versatile QB. Just get it the 17 done.
    So you are going to hire an AD to tell a Coach who is the best player to play.

Do any of you honestly believe the Coach does not care about winning games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    So you are going to hire an AD to tell a Coach who is the best player to play.

Do any of you honestly believe the Coach does not care about winning games?
    I’m going to hire an AD who listens to hear if Leach insists that his way will ultimately work in Year 4. And if he hears that then he’s finding us a new coach.

And our best player is not good enough.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 11-07-2022 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Auburn has football talent on their team and the players who were on the field wanted to win that game for Cadillac and he had them motivated especially in the second half. So playing Auburn with Cadillac coaching them and not Harsin was a different team. That's not to say that we played a good game. Once we got that big lead, some of our offensive players looked at it like we had won the game and went on cruise control it appeared instead of putting the pedal to the metal.
    That's coaching. And it's not the first time that happened.

The only time I've seen this team mentally and physically focused on a game in the first quarter of the Memphis game. This team was laser focused until the lightning delay. I haven't seen that level since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Ole Miss plays 4 quarters and a better team. They've shut down the offense before and more than likely do it again. We can't stop the run and they do it well. Alabama will have to beat Ole Miss for us with banged up players.
    Yeah theyre great put them in the playoff. No need for us to get on the bus against that juggernaut. Who was Tulsa to think they could beat OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Lol, there is for sure nothing rational about your view of Ole Miss that's for sure. Your blind hate for them is just flat out weird. They are going to score some points on us and we just have to hope that Rogers plays his best game as a bulldog for us to win in their building.
    I have no life all I do is hate them and make a signature for my elitedawg posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Well if he insists on riding this horse he either does not care about wins or he simply is misguided in his thinking. Either way another season of 6-7 wins, some passing records, a fourth Egg Bowl loss and a substandard bowl game is unacceptable. We are being asked to contribute more money and potentially be faced with the same results. The new AD needs to assess Leach?s strategy for the position and then pull the cord if necessary. We need a more versatile QB. Just get it the 17 done.
    I believe the role of an AD is to stay the hell out of the way and get the coaches what they need.

Otherwise you're just being a micro manager and then no one will want to coach for you.

vCash
    Someone earlier in the year said to beat om you have to be able to tackle in space on d and RTDB on offense. I just haven?t seen this team be able to RTDB on off. It is sickening, but I just don?t see the DOGS winning at om especially with them playing for a big bowl.....Roll Tide.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-07-2022 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Someone earlier in the year said to beat om you have to be able to tackle in space on d and RTDB on offense. I just haven?t seen this team be able to RTDB on off. It is sickening, but I just don?t see the DOGS winning at om especially with them playing for a big bowl.....Roll Tide.
    We can if Dillion Johnson is healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    I believe the role of an AD is to stay the hell out of the way and get the coaches what they need.

Otherwise you're just being a micro manager and then no one will want to coach for you.
    Think Art Howe. Sometimes you just have to take action.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    Leach hasn't had time to develop the kind of OL, with the proper depth, he needs for the air raid. He has said he likes to marinade them in the weight room for a few years.

Anyway give Will time to throw and it makes all the difference in the world.
    It's that way with most decent QB's. His problem is he's one dimensional...he can't run or stretch the field vertically. If he could do either then our offense would have alot more room to operate. I really hope we 'rest' him and play Sawyer most of the time in the HC game and get a look at what he can bring....not holding my breath though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    It's that way with most decent QB's. His problem is he's one dimensional...he can't run or stretch the field vertically. If he could do either then our offense would have alot more room to operate. I really hope we 'rest' him and play Sawyer most of the time in the HC game and get a look at what he can bring....not holding my breath though..
    Third quality aside from arm strength and speed, pocket presence and grit....he gets rattled way too easy. Leach q bs at WSU Texas tech especially...prerequisite....tough as nails hang in pocket till the last second be willing to take a hit. Had to be fearless. Im not seeing that with Will. Locke will have all that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Third quality aside from arm strength and speed, pocket presence and grit....he gets rattled way too easy. Leach q bs at WSU Texas tech especially...prerequisite....tough as nails hang in pocket till the last second be willing to take a hit. Had to be fearless. Im not seeing that with Will. Locke will have all that.
    If anyone here thinks Will is getting passed by a QB on the roster currently, then I also have some swamp land to sell you. As long as Leach is here and Will is on the roster, he is our QB. I understand the AU game was a rough one, but he is better than anyone else on the roster, and according to anyone that knows anything - its not really close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If anyone here thinks Will is getting passed by a QB on the roster currently, then I also have some swamp land to sell you. As long as Leach is here and Will is on the roster, he is our QB. I understand the AU game was a rough one, but he is better than anyone else on the roster, and according to anyone that knows anything - its not really close.
    And that's pretty concerning seeing as Sawyer was a 4* recruit that put up big numbers in high school and can't even push WR for the job after two years of physical conditioning and practice reps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And that's pretty concerning seeing as Sawyer was a 4* recruit that put up big numbers in high school and can't even push WR for the job after two years of physical conditioning and practice reps.
    ^THIS....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Honest question here - Why? Was he over rated in HS or do we not develop talent appropriately?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    I really hope we 'rest' him and play Sawyer most of the time in the HC game and get a look at what he can bring....not holding my breath though..
    I would bet my truck that doesn't happen.

vCash
    KJ Costello was a 5 Star ... 5th year Senior and set an SEC record for passing yardage in a single game against the defending National Champions ... yet Will replaced him. Sawyer or Parson's time is coming if they can stay patient ... Problem is we see what we think CAN BE as opposed to what we have now. Hey, I'm also excited about what can be with a more mobil QB but until we get to that point I'm kinda glad we have Will to fall back on .... I was pissed when Leach let Schrader transfer .... In the words of the immortal Tom Petty .... "the waiting is the hardest part"
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He will not replace a 4 year starter at QB that will be rewriting the NCAA passing records
    Didn't he bench Luke Faulk who had set all kinds of records?