Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Freeze and a team of mostly 2 star embarrassed AR at their place. They may have quit and an article stated the fans left early and may well choose deer season and a highly anticipated men's BB over football for their further future entertainment. An AR friend of mine said Pittman is struggling without Morris's players. OM will beat them badly. Only remaining OM losses are a frustrated bama and maybe us, IF, our O can finally play 4 quarters. Hail State!
    I am not living in a world where the bears have back to back 10 win regular seasons.

The bears never beat Arkansas on the road. I don't think it starts now.

vCash
    Freeze and a team of mostly 2 star embarrassed AR at their place. They may have quit and an article stated the fans left early and may well choose deer season and a highly anticipated men's BB over football for their further future entertainment. An AR friend of mine said Pittman is struggling without Morris's players. OM will beat them badly. Only remaining OM losses are a frustrated bama and maybe us, IF, our O can finally play 4 quarters. Hail State!
    Yeah. I had picked Arkansas to beat ole miss but it appears Arkansas is done for the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Yeah, a big group have spent the entire season being miserable when if we beat ole miss it will have been a dang good year and they would have missed it. Instead of waiting to see what happens, they're just dreading the end so afraid of losing the egg bowl again.

A lot of our folks let ole miss own them, and they're incapable of enjoying any success if they feel ole miss is better. It's pathetic, really. I always rejected the "little brother" thing but it's true for a lot of our fans.

Maybe since I didn't grow up in MS and don't live there now I don't get it, but I sure as hell see it.
    a lot of us have always said that for us 7-5 is expected and 8-4 would be possible and preferred but 9-3 would be beyond expectations ..... and as we stand here now - that's exactly where we are. Just because a lot of us are realist that doesn't make us haters ... I know there are haters around and I'm not one of them ... but I am a realist and it has nothing to do with OM
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    a lot of us have always said that for us 7-5 is expected and 8-4 would be possible and preferred but 9-3 would be beyond expectations ..... and as we stand here now - that's exactly where we are. Just because a lot of us are realist that doesn't make us haters ... I know there are haters around and I'm not one of them ... but I am a realist and it has nothing to do with OM
    Latest Non-Political Poll - MSU Football Fans:

Maroon Colored Glasses - 20%

Sunshine Pumpers - 20%

Leach Haters - 20%

Wait 'til Next Year types - 20%

Realists - 20%

Final Results to be tabulated Thanksgiving Night! Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-07-2022 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Latest Non-Political Poll - MSU Football Fans:

Maroon Colored Glasses - 20%

Sunshine Pumpers - 20%

Leath Haters - 20%

Wait 'til Next Year types - 20%

Realists - 20%

Final Results to be tabulated Thanksgiving Night! Hail State!
    lol ... that's actually a pretty fair assessment imo ..... and Thanksgiving night will move a few of those percentages around quite possibly
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Fish coming through with the facts. You made my day Fish, thanks.

I've cooled a little on my Leach love but your post does bring a lot of things into prospective.

vCash
    To be fair, I don't think most of us had A&M and Arkansas being a combined 8-10 with losses to Liberty and App State.

Things change once the season starts. We have been pretty fortunate on the injury front. Our OL has played better than most expected and I think Kentucky is worse than I thought as well.

The same reason I was just fine with 5-7 in 2009 is the same reason I will be pretty pissed at 7-5 this year. So far we have not won one game that we shouldn't have won, and thankfully we just won our Leach game for the year.

It just a season of missed opportunities.

Without trying very hard we could easily be 8-1 and in the driver's seat in the West.

Read that sentence again. Its completely true.

If we beat LSU and Kentucky (two games that any rational fan would have to admit we were the better team) we are 8-1 and even if we lose to UGA, we would be in a 3 way tie for first in the West.

If that was the case, the UGA game would be the biggest game since AU in 2014. Instead we are struggling against an AU team that is pretty awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    To be fair, I don't think most of us had A&M and Arkansas being a combined 8-10 with losses to Liberty and App State.

Things change once the season starts. We have been pretty fortunate on the injury front. Our OL has played better than most expected and I think Kentucky is worse than I thought as well.

The same reason I was just fine with 5-7 in 2009 is the same reason I will be pretty pissed at 7-5 this year. So far we have not won one game that we shouldn't have won, and thankfully we just won our Leach game for the year.

It just a season of missed opportunities.

Without trying very hard we could easily be 8-1 and in the driver's seat in the West.

Read that sentence again. Its completely true.

If we beat LSU and Kentucky (two games that any rational fan would have to admit we were the better team) we are 8-1 and even if we lose to UGA, we would be in a 3 way tie for first in the West.

If that was the case, the UGA game would be the biggest game since AU in 2014. Instead we are struggling against an AU team that is pretty awful.
    Fair points. But we are not better than lsu. They are better than us at almost every position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Unfortunately, this board has a lot of Leach haters and Leach blinders. The truth about Leach is somewhere in the middle. He is a good coach but not great. I understand that game was ugly, but completely writing off the team and acting like he is terrible is just wrong. Ole Miss is better than us, but not by as wide of a gap as many think. I still think we can beat them if we play our A game. We will be 7-4 and they will be 9-2. They will be playing for a NY6 bowl and we need to show up to crush that possibility. I think the majority of this Leach hate comes down more so to the success Ole Miss has achieved under Kiffin. We just need to play respectable against UGA, take care or business against ETSU and then go into Oxford having a winning mentality and pull it off. We don?t have the players to beat UGA but we do to beat Ole Miss
    I agree with this. I was not fond of the hire, but he's here so I wanted it to work. But early signs were troubling in the first two year. Some flashes of what this offense could be, this year, gave some hope. But LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and even some scrubs like Auburn have exposed the offense's ineptness against better defenses. Now, I'm to the point where, yes, Leach is a pretty good coach, and we could do worse, but something is wrong. I think it's just how limited we are at QB. The WRs look pretty pedestrian a lot of times, but I think Will is holding them back. He's too happy to check down and dump it off to keep his completion percentage high. He doesn't attack defenses. He goes in a shell and just waits for someone else to make a play. When our backs are against the wall, sometimes he looks better for a little while. But overall, he's just not the answer. But, the MOST concerning thing is that no one is even pushing him. He's apparently the best we have by a mile, and there's no one that appears to have what it takes to close the gap and surpass him. So, what the heck have leach and his coaching staff been doing? Why is our QB room so bad? If the key to this offense is the QB, then they're failing as a staff. So, yeah, Leach is an alright coach, and the right QB could make his offense work in the SEC. On the other hand, we don't have the right QB and don't even appear to be close to finding one. So we're in a tricky spot. I don't hate Leach. I just feel like we're spinning our wheels going nowhere at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but There is 0 rational reason to think OM is just better than us. They are very similar to Auburn. They throw it a little better but not much other than that. Auburn has better players on defense. We were beating them like a drum. We have more than a punchers chance in Oxford depends on which team shows up and the weather
    Ole Miss plays 4 quarters and a better team. They've shut down the offense before and more than likely do it again. We can't stop the run and they do it well. Alabama will have to beat Ole Miss for us with banged up players.

vCash
    Ole miss only played one quarter against LSU, exhibited by a 45-3 LSU run over the final three quarters.

vCash
    The Leach concerns are also his history of just not emphasizing "rivalry" games while in Mississippi, this is not accceptable. For me, the other great concern that I saw in the Kentucky game and the Auburn game was the lack of in-game strategy adjustments, frankly, on defense too. UK had an excellent defensive scheme: Rush 4 with 3 DL and a surprise 4th, cover the back one on one and a shallow umbrella zone from the other 6. It worked well and we had no adjustments. Auburn followed this plan as well, we just made 3 excellent deep route catches for the difference in the game. The problem was we only challenged them deeply very few times and Rara made great deep ball plays. Defensively, UK and Auburn went big and power on offense and we struggled out of our base alot. 3-3-5 can be slashed and charged with TE and HB and they both did and we didnt adjust. Coaches have to make strategic adjustments in game in today's world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I agree with this. I was not fond of the hire, but he's here so I wanted it to work. But early signs were troubling in the first two year. Some flashes of what this offense could be, this year, gave some hope. But LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and even some scrubs like Auburn have exposed the offense's ineptness against better defenses. Now, I'm to the point where, yes, Leach is a pretty good coach, and we could do worse, but something is wrong. I think it's just how limited we are at QB. The WRs look pretty pedestrian a lot of times, but I think Will is holding them back. He's too happy to check down and dump it off to keep his completion percentage high. He doesn't attack defenses. He goes in a shell and just waits for someone else to make a play. When our backs are against the wall, sometimes he looks better for a little while. But overall, he's just not the answer. But, the MOST concerning thing is that no one is even pushing him. He's apparently the best we have by a mile, and there's no one that appears to have what it takes to close the gap and surpass him. So, what the heck have leach and his coaching staff been doing? Why is our QB room so bad? If the key to this offense is the QB, then they're failing as a staff. So, yeah, Leach is an alright coach, and the right QB could make his offense work in the SEC. On the other hand, we don't have the right QB and don't even appear to be close to finding one. So we're in a tricky spot. I don't hate Leach. I just feel like we're spinning our wheels going nowhere at this point.
    Will is a good QB but he is holding us back. I believe he's reached his ceiling as a QB. Parson is the supposed heir apparent and he'll be here in December for spring '23. Leach and the offensive coaches need to have him ready to take over after next season. I like Leach but I'm not seeing where we are going to take this huge step under him. We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.

vCash
    Not to hijack the thread but There is 0 rational reason to think OM is just better than us. They are very similar to Auburn. They throw it a little better but not much other than that. Auburn has better players on defense. We were beating them like a drum. We have more than a punchers chance in Oxford depends on which team shows up and the weather
    Lol, there is for sure nothing rational about your view of Ole Miss that's for sure. Your blind hate for them is just flat out weird. They are going to score some points on us and we just have to hope that Rogers plays his best game as a bulldog for us to win in their building.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.
    I hope so. That would make him the best coach in school history. (And yes, obviously I hope he's better, but just getting there would be phenomenal.)

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed some practice. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.
    I was wondering what was wrong with him. He sounded horrible in press conferences.

vCash
    I would tend to agree with you. I think we are better (especially defensively) however, our team is extremely Jekyll & Hyde. Jekyll seems to dominate away games. We need Hyde's killer instinct and it's nowhere to be found.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I hope so. That would make him the best coach in school history. (And yes, obviously I hope he's better, but just getting there would be phenomenal.)
    Q, that's with everything going our way. And the 8-4 is the theoretical win over OM.

Maybe Leach can build something here pretty special but after what I witnessed for four quarters in year three Saturday night, I doubt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    The Leach concerns are also his history of just not emphasizing "rivalry" games while in Mississippi, this is not accceptable. For me, the other great concern that I saw in the Kentucky game and the Auburn game was the lack of in-game strategy adjustments, frankly, on defense too. UK had an excellent defensive scheme: Rush 4 with 3 DL and a surprise 4th, cover the back one on one and a shallow umbrella zone from the other 6. It worked well and we had no adjustments. Auburn followed this plan as well, we just made 3 excellent deep route catches for the difference in the game. The problem was we only challenged them deeply very few times and Rara made great deep ball plays. Defensively, UK and Auburn went big and power on offense and we struggled out of our base alot. 3-3-5 can be slashed and charged with TE and HB and they both did and we didnt adjust. Coaches have to make strategic adjustments in game in today's world.
    Just how many offensive adjustments could there be available on that little piece of paper?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Q, that's with everything going our way. And the 8-4 is the theoretical win over OM.

Maybe Leach can build something here pretty special but after what I witnessed for four quarters in year three Saturday night, I doubt it.
    The thing that concerns me the most with Leach is ... he's not a speech maker type motivator. He just is a "do you job" coach and says that over and over for most part. Saban, Kiffin, Kelly, etc., they'll make motivational type speeches and Leach doesn't do that too much. And sometimes that does need to be done, especially when a team is just going thru the motions in a given week. Sometimes you gotta find something other than "do your job" to get a team's attention.

Other than that, I think he'll develop good players over time, we'll be in shape, and we'll be physical. We just gotta do it every game and for a full 60 minutes in every game.