Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leach

vCash

Leach

It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed some practice. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed 2 practices. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.
    Some of the players were sick also, right? Robinson family member on 247 said Robinson had strep or something on Wednesday, and some players needed IV and oxygen.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed some practice. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.
    He has not looked healthy.

vCash
    Surprised he was able to coach. It’s that time of year. Flu bug can devastate a team.

vCash
    Makes sense. I didn't think he was going to survive the radio postgame interview with Neil.

vCash
    That explains his post game press conference. He barely made it through that presser.

vCash
    Unfortunately, this board has a lot of Leach haters and Leach blinders. The truth about Leach is somewhere in the middle. He is a good coach but not great. I understand that game was ugly, but completely writing off the team and acting like he is terrible is just wrong. Ole Miss is better than us, but not by as wide of a gap as many think. I still think we can beat them if we play our A game. We will be 7-4 and they will be 9-2. They will be playing for a NY6 bowl and we need to show up to crush that possibility. I think the majority of this Leach hate comes down more so to the success Ole Miss has achieved under Kiffin. We just need to play respectable against UGA, take care or business against ETSU and then go into Oxford having a winning mentality and pull it off. We don’t have the players to beat UGA but we do to beat Ole Miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Some of the players were sick also, right? Robinson family member on 247 said Robinson had strep or something on Wednesday, and some players needed IV and oxygen.
    Flu and Streep was going around the MSU student body last week and this week I'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Unfortunately, this board has a lot of Leach haters and Leach blinders. The truth about Leach is somewhere in the middle. He is a good coach but not great. I understand that game was ugly, but completely writing off the team and acting like he is terrible is just wrong. Ole Miss is better than us, but not by as wide of a gap as many think. I still think we can beat them if we play our A game. We will be 7-4 and they will be 9-2. They will be playing for a NY6 bowl and we need to show up to crush that possibility. I think the majority of this Leach hate comes down more so to the success Ole Miss has achieved under Kiffin. We just need to play respectable against UGA, take care or business against ETSU and then go into Oxford having a winning mentality and pull it off. We don’t have the players to beat UGA but we do to beat Ole Miss
    Good post. I honestly think Leach needs to make a decision at q b after this season. He brought on Minshew as a grad transfer who was in a similar system at e c s u, if he can find a similar guy he’s got to bring him in. This offense with Minshew right now would be so much better.

vCash
    Yeah, a big group have spent the entire season being miserable when if we beat ole miss it will have been a dang good year and they would have missed it. Instead of waiting to see what happens, they're just dreading the end so afraid of losing the egg bowl again.

A lot of our folks let ole miss own them, and they're incapable of enjoying any success if they feel ole miss is better. It's pathetic, really. I always rejected the "little brother" thing but it's true for a lot of our fans.

Maybe since I didn't grow up in MS and don't live there now I don't get it, but I sure as hell see it.

vCash
    Not to hijack the thread but There is 0 rational reason to think OM is just better than us. They are very similar to Auburn. They throw it a little better but not much other than that. Auburn has better players on defense. We were beating them like a drum. We have more than a punchers chance in Oxford depends on which team shows up and the weather

vCash
    Our Jekyl and Hyde offense, its disappearing for sometimes a quarter or more has many fans pulling their hair out, Coach Leach also, I'm sure. The frustration is not that we lost to LSU/KY, it is how bad we looked in the second half of both games. Leach is right about bama, as we have been intimidated by them for too many years. I no longer define our success compared to OM, but 3 losses in a row is far too much, especially if we lose badly. Finish as you have noted at 8-4 with a good non-Memphis or Birmingham Bowl and it is a very successful year. 7-5 with a lower bowl is a disappointing dud. Hail State!

vCash
    Leach hasn't had time to develop the kind of OL, with the proper depth, he needs for the air raid. He has said he likes to marinade them in the weight room for a few years.

Anyway give Will time to throw and it makes all the difference in the world.

vCash
    Thanks for that information. I have to say, if we beat ole miss and end up 8-4, then it's a good season regardless how terrible it looked at times.

I'm just not sold on this offense against SEC defenses and I'm not feeling good about our chances against ole miss. I can't control either so time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Our Jekyl and Hyde offense, its disappearing for sometimes a quarter or more has many fans pulling their hair out, Coach Leach also, I'm sure. The frustration is not that we lost to LSU/KY, it is how bad we looked in the second half of both games. Leach is right about bama, as we have been intimidated by them for too many years. I no longer define our success compared to OM, but 3 losses in a row is far too much, especially if we lose badly. Finish as you have noted at 8-4 with a good non-Memphis or Birmingham Bowl and it is a very successful year. 7-5 with a lower bowl is a disappointing dud. Hail State!
    Seems we go into mental lapses or to stop playing aggressive. Will is so much better when he has to run it as a 2 minute drill.

vCash
    Not to hijack the thread but There is 0 rational reason to think OM is just better than us. They are very similar to Auburn. They throw it a little better but not much other than that. Auburn has better players on defense. We were beating them like a drum. We have more than a punchers chance in Oxford depends on which team shows up and the weather
    I agree that the bears are not good and are beatable. I expect them to lose to Saban and the pigs.

Our offense cannot perform the way it did against a bad Auburn defense.

After the first two drives of the game - here is what we did on our next ELEVEN DRIVES:

Punt
    TD from the 25 yard line after AU was dumb
    Fumble from a sack
    Fumble from a sack
    Downs -End of half - (we had 57 seconds)
    Downs - another terrible 4th down call
    Interception
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt

Eleven drives against AU with 7 points. That is crazy. You can maybe argue it was 10.5 drives because we had the ball at our 20 right before the half, but i've seen plenty of team get in FG position with close to a minute left.

Make no mistake, this was by far our worst offensive performance of the year when you factor in the team we were playing.

Lets put it like this Arkansas had the ball for essentially 11 drives in their entire game. They scored points on 7 of those drives. In 11 straight drives - we scored 1 TD where the drive started on their 25 yard line.

That is why most everyone is aggravated.

vCash
    Good post. I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I agree that the bears are not good and are beatable. I expect them to lose to Saban and the pigs.

Our offense cannot perform the way it did against a bad Auburn defense.

After the first two drives of the game - here is what we did on our next ELEVEN DRIVES:

Punt
    TD from the 25 yard line after AU was dumb
    Fumble from a sack
    Fumble from a sack
    Downs -End of half - (we had 57 seconds)
    Downs - another terrible 4th down call
    Interception
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt

Eleven drives against AU with 7 points. That is crazy. You can maybe argue it was 10.5 drives because we had the ball at our 20 right before the half, but i've seen plenty of team get in FG position with close to a minute left.

Make no mistake, this was by far our worst offensive performance of the year when you factor in the team we were playing.

Lets put it like this Arkansas had the ball for essentially 11 drives in their entire game. They scored points on 7 of those drives. In 11 straight drives - we scored 1 TD where the drive started on their 25 yard line.

That is why most everyone is aggravated.
    Freeze and a team of mostly 2 star embarrassed AR at their place. They may have quit and an article stated the fans left early and may well choose deer season and a highly anticipated men's BB over football for their further future entertainment. An AR friend of mine said Pittman is struggling without Morris's players. OM will beat them badly. Only remaining OM losses are a frustrated bama and maybe us, IF, our O can finally play 4 quarters. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-07-2022 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Good post. I honestly think Leach needs to make a decision at q b after this season. He brought on Minshew as a grad transfer who was in a similar system at e c s u, if he can find a similar guy he’s got to bring him in. This offense with Minshew right now would be so much better.
    Really all we need is Dillion Johnson to get healthy. Our slump coincided with his injury. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Will just doesn't have the confidence to run this offense without a safety net. Dillion gives him that. When he isn't in his head he's fine.

He's like Matt Wyatt. If he's in an up tempo offense where he doesn't have to think he's good. See our first couple of drives against Auburn. When he has to think a lot he gets paralyzed.

vCash
    Leach is what he is, he will always be 6-6 or 7-5.

He could be here 20 years, and i doubt he would ever win 8-9 games a year. He doesnt recruit well, and that is 90% of the battle in the SEC. You can win in the Big12 and Pac 10 without recruiting, you can't in the SEC. His gimmick offense isnt balanced, being from the Big12 and Pac10 - he doesnt overly value defense either.

Please go get Freeze or take a gamble on deon, whom i think is 60% moron and would get his butt handed to him by the big boys, but at least it is taking a chance on something better than perpetually 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 every single year.