Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keenum on Cohen....

vCash

Keenum on Cohen....

Dr. K said he was happy with John and very surprised by the whole situation. His version of events from his own mouth:

-Dr K said he never gave John any indication that he should be looking for a new job.
    -John contacted him and said AU had made an offer.
    -Dr K asked him what he was going to do and added that this was surprising news.
    -Two days go by and John told Dr K that he still hadn't made a decision.
    -Dr K told John that we were going to start our AD search and move on if John cant make up his mind.
    -Dr K's words were something to the effect "We cant hold the university hostage waiting on your decision, I owe it to the university to begin our own AD search."
    -With that Cohen resigns.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Dr. K said he was happy with John and very surprised by the whole situation. His version of events from his own mouth:

-Dr K said he never gave John any indication that he should be looking for a new job.
    -John contacted him and said AU had made an offer.
    -Dr K asked him what he was going to do and added that this was surprising news.
    -Two days go by and John told Dr K that he still hadn't made a decision.
    -Dr K told John that we were going to start our AD search and move on if John cant make up his mind.
    -Dr K's words were something to the effect "We cant hold the university hostage waiting on your decision, I owe it to the university to begin our own AD search."
    -With that Cohen resigns.
    If that's true I love the way Keenum handled it and it seems he got his desired result.

vCash
    Two days and he’s holding the university hostage?!!!?

This is difficult to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post

Well, that's what Keenum said, I don't know why he would not be truthful.
    He did infer that John was not happy with being told to shit or get off the pot, but he said it much more eloquently than I did.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 11-07-2022 at 09:43 AM.

vCash
    Notice - Keenum never said "Hey John what do we need to do to keep you here".
    Thank goodness.

Almost sounds like Keenum in a low sarcastic voice told John "oh, wait.....stop.....please don't go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Well, that's what Keenum said, I don't know why he would not be truthful.
    He did infer that John was not happy with being told to shit or get off the pot, but he said it much more eloquently than I did.
    Not necessarily saying he was untruthful but there seems to be a lot of context missing that maybe he did not share.

vCash
    Guess Cohen was looking for a raise?...seems to be written all over that scenario.

vCash

I don't know why he needed two days. He either wanted to be here or he didn't. Keenum did the correct thing.

vCash
    Regardless.... Cohen needed to go. Mississippi State needs to make some large capital improvements with football and basketball. Cohen is a Miser. He didn't need to be in charge of those large projects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Notice - Keenum never said "Hey John what do we need to do to keep you here".
    Thank goodness.

Almost sounds like Keenum in a low sarcastic voice told John "oh, wait.....stop.....please don't go"
    Keenum did say that he asked John "What can I do to help you decide?" and that "if John couldn't make a decision then I had to make a decision to move on"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don't know why he needed two days. He either wanted to be here or he didn't. Keenum did the correct thing.
    Not sure correct or not is the appropriate evaluation. Nonetheless I’ve been advocating for a change for a while now. But the exchange between them certainly begs a lot of questions about what their relationship had become.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    could have been posturing for a raise and Keenum didn't take the bait
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

That was a nice way of saying don't let the door hit you.

MK ain't going to spill the beans. I think by the comments you can see things were not all good. It ended the way it did for a reason. Healthy situations don't go like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That was a nice way of saying don't let the door hit you.

MK ain't going to spill the beans. I think by the comments you can see things were not all good. It ended the way it did for a reason. Healthy situations don't go like this.
    Have to believe Cohen had a vibe leading up to this that the nature of their relationship was changing.

vCash
    Have to believe Cohen had a vibe leading up to this that the nature of their relationship was changing.
    Agree. I think that is why JC was torn. He wanted to stay but knew his time was numbered and likely tied to Leach which didn't look good.

And for 1.5mil, door #2 started looking pretty good.

vCash
    Agree. I think that is why JC was torn. He wanted to stay but knew his time was numbered and likely tied to Leach which didn't look good.

As per my conversations with AU fans after the game, their AD will merely be a yes man for their very involved, controlling big boosters. Cohen can feel that role fine.

vCash
    I listened to Charlie's Keenum interview podcast carefully and it's what Keenum did not say that says alot. Remember, Keenum is a well skilled politician with years of DC and Cochran training and experience which served college football well with CFP and the playoff change. Point: Cohen informed Keenum of offer and gave Keenum time to counter if so desired and based on timeline Keenum gave, Mark had from Saturday to Sunday evening to counter and it can be inferred that he did not, so Cohen informed him of his pending resignation on Monday morning. Keenum always takes the high road in high stakes situations.

vCash

So either Keenum was already in a place to make a change or he got miffed that Cohen did not outright decline the offer and that he tried to play him with it.

Don?t ya? just love these pseudo power plays.

vCash
    Cohen has always had too high an opinion of himself. He tried to high hat us and we told him to kick rocks. There's some money that's been pushing for Cohen to hit the road too. This is why you don't simply give someone a job because they're State people.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-07-2022 at 03:46 PM.