Thread: Rumor Mill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    The League Office has a few important roles:

Collect the checks
    Dispurse the checks.
    Lobby for Bowls for its members
    Oversee the SEC Chempionship sports.

Hiring and Firing Head Football Coaches or admonishing Schools for hiring against their preferences isn?t one of them.

All the Schools have certain autonomy to staff all of their departments.
    There is nothing wrong with the SEC Office telling a school that if you hire so and so it is not in the best interest in your being a member of the SEC. The SEC Office can help a member school or they can treat them as a stepchild if they hired somebody that the SEC had problems with before and they did not want that coach back in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    The rumor is out there because you started it
    This thread has 19K views because of my track record over the last 18 years. I didnt start the rumor- I just posted it. I hope the guy stays and remains a weapon for us. Charlie and crew are doing a great job now with our resources. But you cant blame other schools for making inquiries and making offers. CC24 has some close contact and thats good news. But rumors start for a reason.

***edited to add***- sometimes kids and parents dont want to admit to people they know that they are basically up for being bought and paid for. That they are willing to be sold to the highest bidder. Keep that in mind about athletes today.
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-10-2022 at 09:53 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    If IYOK makes a statement, it's as close to a fact as it gets on a message board.
    My history aint bad over the 18 years either and why this thread has 19K views. IYOK is a very good State poster. Top notch. But he said Polk wasnt leaving last year after I posted it and he got burned on it. It happens. Rumors turn out to be BS, things change on a dime, all that crap. It is what it is. But we still have State fans that believe Stands sat Moultrie for 3 games for a knee problem a week after I posted he failed another drug test. Gullible people will soak up the spin because they want to believe it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This thread has 19K views because of my track record over the last 18 years. I didnt start the rumor- I just posted it. I hope the guy stays and remains a weapon for us. Charlie and crew are doing a great job now with our resources. But you cant blame other schools for making inquiries and making offers. CC24 has some close contact and thats good news. But rumors start for a reason.

***edited to add***- sometimes kids and parents dont want to admit to people they know that they are basically up for being bought and paid for. That they are willing to be sold to the highest bidder. Keep that in mind about athletes today.
    You dang skippy about that being sold to the highest bidder stuff! It's always been that way but it's way worse now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Well, there’s another word for what that is and it’s not ‘athlete’.

vCash
    Just one WR and QB? In this day and age, that's pretty darn good. I would expect that a lot. We take lots of WR's and only so many play.

QB's? If they expect a starting spot, they will most likely have to drop out of P5. Will would be crazy to leave for another team unless he loses his starting gig. There might be some P5 teams give them a scholarship to have a chance at an open spot but nothing guaranteed with no game tape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg;1466207[B
    ]There is nothing wrong with the SEC Office telling a school that if you hire [/B]so and so it is not in the best interest in your being a member of the SEC. The SEC Office can help a member school or they can treat them as a stepchild if they hired somebody that the SEC had problems with before and they did not want that coach back in the SEC.
    maybe, maybe not ... depends on if a smart lawyer can prove a defamation suit
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Employee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Rep Given!

Banned
    vCash
    I heard a rumor that we're gonna beat the **** outta Georgia.

- Message sent from Engineering Row while taking a walk through the greatest college campus in America

I can neither confirm nor deny the Kennum allegations at this time.

vCash
    Speaking of IYOK, he doesn't post info on this board based on rumors, or to get attention. Yeah, things can change but when he posts or has posted something it is based upon what the situation is currently, or was at the time and not on some rumor. Over the years I think he has posted the most viable and accurate info on this board concerning our football program.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-11-2022 at 12:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Speaking of IYOK, he doesn't post info on this board based on rumors, or to get attention. Yeah, things can change but when he posts or has posted something it is based upon what the situation is currently, or was at the time and not on some rumor. Over the years I think he has posted the most viable and accurate info on this board concerning our football program.
    Completely agree. IYOK is the #1 most reliable on this site, and it's not very close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    Completely agree. IYOK is the #1 most reliable on this site, and it's not very close.
    NAH I GO WITH BERT STARE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    He may be posting on Aubbie websites now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I thought he works for ESPN now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Of course that's who it is. I thought it was obvious by now.

vCash
    BAMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17