Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Can we complain about not losing players that we are paying for?!!? ****
    Depends on how much we're paying them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I don't know if any stats are available, but I'd wager the talent gap between OU and it's main competitors was much less than the gap between us and LSU, Bama, UGA, etc. Additionally I wager top defenses currently in the SEC are light years ahead of what OU faced in those days. It's about adding one more option that the D has to be concerned with. Everything changes and adapts, look at Heupel, he has a mobile QB. In short, everything works until is doesn't.
    Yeah, to me it seems that Leach is still playing like it's 1999. With all his coaching tree (Kingsbury) and his old QBs (Heupel as you point out) fully evolved.

OU in the late 90's was recruiting good players, they had no talent gap with the best teams in the nation in 1999. Just mis-allocated players. They were extremely better than most teams in their conference.

Also, yes. The defenses of the SEC are and were far better. Big 12 football was transitioning to flag football tacking at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Yeah, to me it seems that Leach is still playing like it's 1999. With all his coaching tree (Kingsbury) and his old QBs (Heupel as you point out) fully evolved.

OU in the late 90's was recruiting good players, they had no talent gap with the best teams in the nation in 1999. Just mis-allocated players. They were extremely better than most teams in their conference.

Also, yes. The defenses of the SEC are and were far better. Big 12 football was transitioning to flag football tacking at this time.
    And a lot of us sure aren't partying "Like It's 1999", with his 2nd half disappearing acts in games on offense.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    The League Office has a few important roles:

Collect the checks
    Dispurse the checks.
    Lobby for Bowls for its members
    Oversee the SEC Chempionship sports.

Hiring and Firing Head Football Coaches or admonishing Schools for hiring against their preferences isn?t one of them.

All the Schools have certain autonomy to staff all of their departments.
    If that were the case Freeze would already be back in the SEC. He’s still coaching at Liberty for a reason, and it’s not because that’s his dream job. If you think going against what Greg Sankey directly tells you to do is a good idea for your university, you won’t be in charge of that university’s decision making for very long. That’s a good way to get your ass thrown to the wolves. If Nick Saban can’t hire you, you are unhirable. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If that were the case Freeze would already be back in the SEC. He’s still coaching at Liberty for a reason, and it’s not because that’s his dream job. If you think going against what Greg Sankey directly tells you to do is a good idea for your university, you won’t be in charge of that university’s decision making for very long. That’s a good way to get your ass thrown to the wolves. If Nick Saban can’t hire you, you are unhirable. Period.
    I agree but

If there was ever a school in the Country that would hire Freeze at the power 5 level

It would be 100% Auburn

Auburn is the most desperate school in America rn, they are going to pay some coach between 9-10 million per year to come there, they arent settling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I agree but

If there was ever a school in the Country that would hire Freeze at the power 5 level

It would be 100% Auburn

Auburn is the most desperate school in America rn, they are going to pay some coach between 9-10 million per year to come there, they arent settling.
    This 100%. Auburn will hire who they want to hire. They don't care. It's auburn.
    And Sankey didn't tell Saban he couldn't hire freeze. Saban would have melted him with his laser eyes. Sankey told him the whole Freeze backstory and Saban changed his mind. (Pure speculation on my part)

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    rhymes with Hulu
    This Is incorrect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This Is incorrect
    Is the new world of college football this open? Maybe it is but I cant imagine coaches have any idea who is going to transfer that is a starter. You would think if you are a starting player you would keep your mouth shut until season is over. I just cant see how (if true) Tulu would tell the coaching staff with 3 games left he is going to transfer after this season and still expect to play.

vCash
    Tulu is being paid well currently and I'm not sure he'd get a better NIL deal(cough cough) anywhere else.

vCash
    This Is incorrect
    Of course

vCash
    This Is incorrect
    You don't say, lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I don't know if any stats are available, but I'd wager the talent gap between OU and it's main competitors was much less than the gap between us and LSU, Bama, UGA, etc. Additionally I wager top defenses currently in the SEC are light years ahead of what OU faced in those days. It's about adding one more option that the D has to be concerned with. Everything changes and adapts, look at Heupel, he has a mobile QB. In short, everything works until is doesn't.
    So if you go by 247 and believe that the real talent is close to what they rate it

While Leach was at Texas Tech, there was a bigger talent gap between texas tech and Oklahoma and texas than there is between Miss St and Alabama or LSU

Texas tech back then recruited between #35 and #40 every year and oklahoma and texas have always been inside the top 10 recruiting rankings between 7-10

Mississippi State however has been between #20 and #25 in recruiting ranking for the majority of the past decade while alabama and LSU usually are in the top 5

At washington state is was way worse for leach

While Leach was there, they recruited in the 60's and Washington was consistently in the top 15 recruiting classes and oregon and usc were in the top 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This 100%. Auburn will hire who they want to hire. They don't care. It's auburn.
    And Sankey didn't tell Saban he couldn't hire freeze. Saban would have melted him with his laser eyes. Sankey told him the whole Freeze backstory and Saban changed his mind. (Pure speculation on my part)
    yep.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I said this in the other thread but tulu says "this s*** about me leaving is total bs". Not opinion but straight from horses mouth.

vCash
    This Is incorrect
    You said the same thing when I said I was hearing Polk was going to enter the draft....It may or may not end up being true, but the rumor is out there.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The rumor is out there because you started it

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    You said the same thing when I said I was hearing Polk was going to enter the draft....It may or may not end up being true, but the rumor is out there.
    Me talking about Polk was my prediction/guess. This isn’t a guess. If you can think of the time I was wrong it means there’s not many. This same rumor has been out here for the last 2 years too.
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 11-09-2022 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    Rumor has it that leach is putting in more run plays too***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The SEC Office can't tell a school they can't hire a certain coach, but they can tell them it would not be in your best interest as a member of the SEC if you do. If you are a member of the SEC you don't want to make the SEC Office upset or mad as I have stated in other threads. I don't think Auburn is that stupid that they would go against the SEC Office's wishes. Saban didn't want to buck the SEC or make them mad.

vCash
    If IYOK makes a statement, it's as close to a fact as it gets on a message board.
    Last edited by Cloak; 11-10-2022 at 12:38 AM.