Thread: How good is Deion?

vCash
    He would come for two years then be gone

vCash
    And if the transfer rule doesn't change, we'd be in a mess

vCash
    Deion is not a serious candidate at this point

vCash
    I could see Deion at Georgia Tech. That would make some sense to me with his ties to Atlanta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    JSU runs the Air Raid. Their offensive coordinator is a former Washington St. receiver who played for Leach in 2012. Tim Brewster is Deion's assistant/TE coach. His DC was the DC for the Bills under Rex Ryan. His RB coach worked for Kiffin at Fla. Atlantic. His OL coach Mark Markuson coached at Arkansas under Nutt and coached at Ole Miss for about 5 years.

All of this to say Deion didn't hire a bunch of amateurs as assistants. I think he would be a good hire that could potentially be a great hire.
    I was just about to post this exact same thing. I'm not sure how good of a X and O coach he is right now, but he is a smart man who surrounded himself with proven coaches at all levels. His gift is to recruit, lead, motivate. I think wherever he goes he will have success because he will surround himself with the right people to assist in areas he may be weak in.

vCash
    Deion is going to be the next coach at Miss State, I saw a thread on the Ole Miss board promoting this idea. They loved the idea.

It would be a good match with our fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Deion is going to be the next coach at Miss State, I saw a thread on the Ole Miss board promoting this idea. They loved the idea.

Hard to see him choosing Mississippi State over the other opportunities he will have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

We all know how your predictions turn out…..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Hard to see him choosing Mississippi State over the other opportunities he will have.
    I think he will replace Leach. It was weird seeing Ole Miss fans promoting this idea though. I can definitely see it.

vCash
    I could see boom or bust. Is NIL good enough to help him recruit(because that’s what’s helping him now)? Players normally go to the money. Dieon brings some name recognition. Is that enough for recruits over money? Can he get the right coordinators? His experience sure is lacking when it comes to being an SEC coach. It may be worth the risk but I’m not sure. Guess it all depends who is interested in your job too.

vCash
    I'm sure NIL is getting some higher out of state to live in Jackson with its problems. Heard story on radio this past week that Deion's son got his pickup broken into on campus I believe and clothing stolen. They cut out a door glass and left it on the ground. He correctly said, "This has got to stop!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The man has excelled at everything he has ever done. And don't think for a second that he is a figure head coach. He knows the game. He may not call plays but I guarantee he is involved in the game plan, and he knows how to motivate kids. I'd hire him.
    Yeah, his school in Dallas did real well. HAHAHAHAHA what a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Hire Deion tomorrow. We'd have 5 star talent and he'd bring 5 star coaches and notoriety to our program. No more flipmas in December and teams not playing hard. The university would be pumped, the kids excited, and winning would happen.
    5 star talent?? Ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    5 star talent?? Ok.
    What would be the reason he wouldn't? You obvisouly don't understand the culture of recruiting. Jackson state would probably beat us this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    5 star talent?? Ok.
    Well, he signed the #1 recruit in the country in '22 -https://247sports.com/player/travis-hunter-46084728/
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Well, he signed the #1 recruit in the country in '22 -https://247sports.com/player/travis-hunter-46084728/
    How much was the NIL deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How much was the NIL deal?
    My understanding it was close to a million through Barstool.

Deion will move the needle wherever he goes. If you don't have a NIL war chest for him to use, then all the swag in the world won't help him on the recruiting trail.

I'd be fine with hiring Deion. I think AU could do a lot worse than Deion.

If I'm AU, my list would be:

1) Lane - make him turn down 80+ million
    2) Dan Lanning - I'd at least ask
    3) Deion - make sure to have a bunch of NIL money for him
    4) Freeze - Burner phone, lock his twitter account, and put trackers on his car
    5) Mark Stoops - They could do a lot worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My understanding it was close to a million through Barstool.

Deion will move the needle wherever he goes. If you don't have a NIL war chest for him to use, then all the swag in the world won't help him on the recruiting trail.

I'd be fine with hiring Deion. I think AU could do a lot worse than Deion.

If I'm AU, my list would be:

1) Lane - make him turn down 80+ million
    2) Dan Lanning - I'd at least ask
    3) Deion - make sure to have a bunch of NIL money for him
    4) Freeze - Burner phone, lock his twitter account, and put trackers on his car
    5) Mark Stoops - They could do a lot worse
    Word is after the win over Arkansas the Sexton phone lines were burning down for requests for an interview.

There's a very good chance Freeze gets a P5 job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    What would be the reason he wouldn't? You obvisouly don't understand the culture of recruiting. Jackson state would probably beat us this year.
    Are you talking about on the field? If so, this is the dumbest take in the history of takes on ED.

You actually believe Jackson State would be MSU in a football game played in the 2022 season. I really think this should be forced to be a warning label on all of your future posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Are you talking about on the field? If so, this is the dumbest take in the history of takes on ED.

You actually believe Jackson State would be MSU in a football game played in the 2022 season. I really think this should be forced to be a warning label on all of your future posts.
    Jackson state would take us to the wire with our 5 passing plays. Deion's son is better than Will. Their top 3 WR'S are 4 stars transfers from Tennessee & Florida state along with 4 & 5 star high school signees. Their DL is packed with power 5 SEC transfers and legitimate teams. They'd apply all sorts of pressure on Will. If we played them in Jackson we'd definitely lose that game.