Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leach now has 10 SEC wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think there's a lot of truth in this, and I just don't get it. Like, I don't want Ole Miss to be good, I want them to suck, but it's not really going to make a difference in my life if they are good.

People sometimes post about how Ole Miss fans are going to give them hell about football and how hard that is, and I'm like, "A - grow thicker skin. And B - are you still in high school or something?" I know some Ole Miss fans, but no one is going to talk trash to me about the Egg Bowl, and I'm not going to talk trash if we win. And I've had a stranger come up to me unprompted to talk football like twice in my whole adult life, even when I wear MSU shirts out in public a lot.

I had a cookout yesterday with OM fans there, Yes those people are unbearable.

Talking about going to the effing playoff, destroying state etc etc

Im 28 so it gets a little wild in this age group .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    What the hell that got to do with anything? I thought we were trying to improve from Dan. Remember when this Air Raid was how to better compete with AL? AL is worse than almost any point in the last 10+ years and we score 1 TD in 3 years? You guys comfortable with Hoping we winning 6 or 7 every year hold this program back.
    This. This is that mentality that holds us back. I thought this offense gives us a chance? It doesn't. Its terrible. Most of us wanted the Mullen years to be a stepping stone in the right direction.

vCash
    I think there's a lot of truth in this, and I just don't get it. Like, I don't want Ole Miss to be good, I want them to suck, but it's not really going to make a difference in my life if they are good.

People sometimes post about how Ole Miss fans are going to give them hell about football and how hard that is, and I'm like, "A - grow thicker skin. And B - are you still in high school or something?" I know some Ole Miss fans, but no one is going to talk trash to me about the Egg Bowl, and I'm not going to talk trash if we win. And I've had a stranger come up to me unprompted to talk football like twice in my whole adult life, even when I wear MSU shirts out in public a lot.
    But another thing true is , both programs cant be great at the same time, one of them has to suck.

Putting 2 sec schools in the poorest state in America with A small size of USM and Jackson state alum not helping either out and the sizeable LSU and Alabama fanbases in our state makes it even worse

LSU on the other hand gets to dominate a state that is richer than Mississippi all by themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I had a cookout yesterday with OM fans there, Yes those people are unbearable.

Talking about going to the effing playoff, destroying state etc etc

Im 28 so it gets a little wild in this age group .
    I'm 55. The ole miss fans I know, they all know better. They know they aren't making playoffs or winning the SEC. And they know they "should" win the egg this year but nothing would surprise them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm 55. The ole miss fans I know, they all know better. They know they aren't making playoffs or winning the SEC. And they know they "should" win the egg this year but nothing would surprise them.
    My buddies drunk OM fan neighbor got in my face yesterday when Auburn scored that touchdown late

I also returned the favor at the end of the game

vCash
    My buddies drunk OM fan neighbor got in my face yesterday when Auburn scored that touchdown late

I also returned the favor at the end of the game
    Maybe I'm just a weird antisocial kind of guy (my real life personality doesn't really match my message board persona at all), but I just can't imagine that ever happening to me at age 35 in either direction. Like I went to the LSU game with a friend who cheers for them, but neither of us talked any smack before, during, or after the game, and he knew to just let me scowl and stew at the end.

However, if your experience is more typical, maybe that explains why I just don't put the same emphasis on the Egg Bowl as a lot of our posters do. I want to win it, probably the most of any game, but it's only a little more than "just another game" if we lose to me.

vCash
    Maybe I'm just a weird antisocial kind of guy (my real life personality doesn't really match my message board persona at all), but I just can't imagine that ever happening to me at age 35 in either direction. Like I went to the LSU game with a friend who cheers for them, but neither of us talked any smack before, during, or after the game, and he knew to just let me scowl and stew at the end.

However, if your experience is more typical, maybe that explains why I just don't put the same emphasis on the Egg Bowl as a lot of our posters do. I want to win it, probably the most of any game, but it's only a little more than "just another game" if we lose to me.
    It hurts to lose that more than it feels good to win it.

vCash
    I'm 67 and my two best friends from boyhood are OM and we still live in the same town except when I moved away for work for 10 years. They hate State and know I feel the same about OM, (and I even have a second degree from there- confession made!). We talk sports and about both teams. They acknowledge their easy, early schedule and have been waiting for their bubble to burst beginning with the LSU game. Don't how they feel with the bama game yet with bama having issues. I don't care as much as I did in years past on how they do, just want us to be better. I think much of our fans' disgust is on how poorly we looked against LSU, KY, and now even AU in the second half, although a win. Most State fans I know have given up on a competitive game with bama.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-06-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    And yet Ole Miss did it in 1 year. That is the difference. Lane Kiffen did it and is set to win 10 games two years in a row, playing almost the same schedule as US with an entirely new team via the transfer portal.

Apparently Leach just can?t coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And yet Ole Miss did it in 1 year. That is the difference. Lane Kiffen did it and is set to win 10 games two years in a row, playing almost the same schedule as US with an entirely new team via the transfer portal.

Apparently Leach just can?t coach.
    I think OM with Matt Luke was like MSU with Croom - they had talent on the roster with a coach who had no clue how to use it. That can make a turn around much easier. Kiffin is benefitting from having NFL guys already on the roster just like Mullen benefited in 2010.

That being said - we know Cohen was holding us back on NIL. Did he have the same opinion on the portal as he did on NIL? At a bare minimum, our lack of NIL has kept us from getting players we need from the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think OM with Matt Luke was like MSU with Croom - they had talent on the roster with a coach who had no clue how to use it. That can make a turn around much easier. Kiffin is benefitting from having NFL guys already on the roster just like Mullen benefited in 2010.

That being said - we know Cohen was holding us back on NIL. Did he have the same opinion on the portal as he did on NIL? At a bare minimum, our lack of NIL has kept us from getting players we need from the portal.
    There is some truth into this but to counter

Ole Miss lost the most Starters in the entire sec coming into this year

Thats why last year even after the egg bowl I was sure that We would be better than them because they simply lost both running backs, matt corral, multiple receivers, sam williams, 2 coordinators, a couple defensive backs.

They replaced all of that and seem to be better than we are, that is an amazing job by Lane Kiffin and not good for us

The main thing that is killing me outside of the actual games is the recruiting, Leach is getting whipped in in state recruiting where we use to do better than them in the state in that department.

We have 1 of the top 5 players in Mississippi Committed, 3 of the top 5 are committed to OM and another is a 50/50 game between us and OM

You can not win at Mississippi State without doing great in that department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This. This is that mentality that holds us back. I thought this offense gives us a chance? It doesn't. Its terrible. Most of us wanted the Mullen years to be a stepping stone in the right direction.
    Well statistically it's been better than most of Dan's offenses and it's comparable to when Dak was here as far as PPG. So if Leach's offense is "terrible" you tell me what that made Dan's?

vCash
    There is some truth into this but to counter

Ole Miss lost the most Starters in the entire sec coming into this year

Thats why last year even after the egg bowl I was sure that We would be better than them because they simply lost both running backs, matt corral, multiple receivers, sam williams, 2 coordinators, a couple defensive backs.

They replaced all of that and seem to be better than we are, that is an amazing job by Lane Kiffin and not good for us

The main thing that is killing me outside of the actual games is the recruiting, Leach is getting whipped in in state recruiting where we use to do better than them in the state in that department.

We have 1 of the top 5 players in Mississippi Committed, 3 of the top 5 are committed to OM and another is a 50/50 game between us and OM

You can not win at Mississippi State without doing great in that department.
    It helps having an easy schedule and Vanderbilt instead of Georgia.

We'll see what happens as far as "Mississippi recruiting" goes.