Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leach now has 10 SEC wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What the hell it has to do with it is a complete double standard because Dan was allowed to build his program. We're already at 6-7 wins a year. The only way to get beyond that is to allow a coach to build- not fire him after three years because it wasn't an instant turnaround.

But people like me "hold this program back"? No it's the dumbasses that think a mobile QB fixes everything or that we should just completely do the opposite of what we're doing and then when we hire a coach that does the complete opposite wonder why that coach struggles here only to get mad when that coach loses to Kentucky to fire him and change everything again...
    Dan was “allowed” to build his program because he built a ton of good will by being extremely competitive with a Tyson Lee lead team in year 1 and winning 9 games and beating Michigan in year 2. Mullen built this program. Leach is the beneficiary of that program and has done nothing to elevate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Here's the bottom line: some people think you are "supposed" to win by running the ball between the tackles, and don't like it when we win any other way.
    We lost to LSU and Kentucky because we refused to run the ball. So those “supposed” people were right.

I don’t want us to be a run first team. Just run the damn ball 35% of the time and I’m good. When we do that, our offense is lights out.

vCash
    The defense carried us at times and they let us down at times- specifically after we got us 30-25 they let Auburn basically just run down our throats when we had to have known what five plays they were running. They also had a bad run fit on a huge TD for Auburn and they couldn't contain their QB running.

They also came up big several times including in overtime. They were lights out in the first half. They had a ton of sacks tonight.

But they were every bit as up and down as the rest of the team.
    To the defense of the "D" but our offense kept them on the field the whole second half and they were gassed......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    We lost to LSU and Kentucky because we refused to run the ball. So those “supposed” people were right.

I don’t want us to be a run first team. Just run the damn ball 35% of the time and I’m good. When we do that, our offense is lights out.
    This. It?s football not rocket science.

vCash

I think we can run anywhere between 0 and 100% as long as we are winning more than we lose. I place no arbitrary demands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think we can run anywhere between 0 and 100% as long as we are winning more than we lose. I place no arbitrary demands
    Good. We know you’re okay with mediocrity as long as we are in a bowl game.

vCash
    Good. We know you’re okay with mediocrity as long as we are in a bowl game.
    Did you want Dan Mullen fired ever? I sure as hell didn't.

vCash
    Some of you are over looking a historical fact. State doesn't have the same level of players the big boys do. Example isn't our total NIL less than what Bama's QB is getting. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

vCash
    Our fans suck. They really do. Unless you are Dan Mullen you don't get a pass. And then Dan was always trying to leave.

"Adjust to your personnel" is key for run the ball.

Anything in context is an excuse and it's always the coaches fault.
    The same crew bitched about Mullen the entire time he was here too:
    "Can't beat anyone not named Ole Miss" - 2009-2013
    "Can't recruit" - entire tenure

Trust me, it doesn't matter who we get. When we don't win every game by 30 points they'll bitch about the next guy too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The only reason leach has many of the wins he does, is because the middle to bottom of the league is atrocious. That includes us. It's why we get boat raced by teams in bowl games lately (unless we are playing Tulsa). Anybody defending leach at this point doesn't really understand the game. We have the talent to be better than what we are currently just on scheme alone.
    Talent is a big issue. How many of our players start for another West team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post

Trust me, it doesn't matter who we get. When we don't win every game by 30 points they'll bitch about the next guy too.

vCash
    Dan was “allowed” to build his program because he built a ton of good will by being extremely competitive with a Tyson Lee lead team in year 1 and winning 9 games and beating Michigan in year 2. Mullen built this program. Leach is the beneficiary of that program and has done nothing to elevate it.
    Leach didn?t inherit Mullen?s program, he inherited the charred remains after Moorehead crashed the damn car and burned everything down, you remember it was basically inmates running an asylum for 2 years right? Leach had to clean that up and purge the problems?hence we have what we have, that was always going to effect us for a few years. I?m frustrated as hell with how things are but it?s much better than it could be, let the season play out and see where the chips fall. Leach can surprise and shock in both good and bad ways?maybe last night was a ?leach? game we somehow won?we are still due for the upset win that he tends to have?

vCash
    For those that think we should be more competitive with the top teams in our conference, please do the following:

Name some things that we do that compare well to the top teams in the conference.

Salaries, revenue, recruiting, things like that.

I have always been on the we overachieve currently with our resources. And I will always believe that. People come on here and say "We should be better"! But then they say well we suck and are inconsistent so I'm not coming. We are one of 3 or 4 teams in the conference not selling out home games when we are sitting at 6-3.

It took our AD leaving to get people to rally around NIL even though the website had been around for well over a month and was pinned at the top of this board. A bunch of folks bitch about not being better while we sit here and don't fill our stadium, don't donate more than $10-$15 a month to NIL, shit on every win we have; try to fire every head coach almost every year,

This fan base would make any sane person go crazy. We claim we want to be better while not doing things that make us better. Shut up and maybe try to enjoy this.

Plus this is year 2 for Leach since most of us agreed year 1 under Covid with all the ridiculousness wasn't actually a real year. So look at this through Year 2 glasses and not year 3 glasses. Lot of folks have moved that goalpost and forgot all about what happened to this program roughly 2 years ago.

vCash

u

We lost those games because Rogers had his head up his arse and the receivers didnt want to play. It has nothing to do with running the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Any comparisons between Mullen's first few seasons vs Leach has to have context though when comparing records. SEC West from 2009-2013 was historically the most difficult division. 2010 we finished 5th with 9 wins and 15th in the country because 4 other teams in our division were incredible (historically the most difficult season in on division of college football). From 2010-2013 you had at least 3 10 win teams in our division every year. Compared to the teams we are facing today in the West, it's just not the same quality as during those years.
    Conversely, you can't compare how absolutely abysmal the SEC east was during that time ..Mullen's success was predicated on winning non conference games against much weaker competition...(he wasn't required to schedule a power 5 non conference team like Leach does) and going 14-4 against the east during his tenure. So before you go singing Mullen's praises ....yeah the SEC west was great during his tenure...but how many of those great teams did he beat? During Mullen's tenure...he only won 3 games against teams that finished the season ranked....Leach did that last year alone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post

Here was the best one from the Mullen haters, most of whom love him now. "He wins 4 cream puff out of conference games, Vandy, Kentucky and occasionally Ole Miss. Loses to anyone with a pulse."
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 11-06-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Leach and Will. No need to separate blame here. Leach needs to coach better to get Will prepared. Will needs to get the lead out of his ass and help his OLine out here and there.

Also, it is becoming crystal flippin clear Will does not have what is required to win big in this or any system in the SEC. That is on Leach to get someone in there that can stretch the field a bit. 30 yard prayers down the sideline to RARA isn?t going to cut it. Not when all other teams we play have guys that can throw it 60. Imagine the amount of area teams would have to cover if our QB could uncork one 60 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Conversely, you can't compare how absolutely abysmal the SEC east was during that time ..Mullen's success was predicated on winning non conference games against much weaker competition...(he wasn't required to schedule a power 5 non conference team like Leach does) and going 14-4 against the east during his tenure. So before you go singing Mullen's praises ....yeah the SEC west was great during his tenure...but how many of those great teams did he beat? During Mullen's tenure...he only won 3 games against teams that finished the season ranked....Leach did that last year alone
    2009 we played ranked #13 Georgia Tech and East winner #3 Florida and a 7-6 Kentucky

2010 we played and beat Georgia, Florida and Kentucky in the East.

2011 we played #19 Georgia (10 win team) and #9 South Carolina (11 win team)

It wasn't like we only had the cream puffs of the East those years either. 2009 we the most difficult schedule in the country. Again, especially 2010-3011, that was historically difficult in college football for 1 division.

vCash
    What I am about to say , is the truth. This truth will hurt, some of you will not agree but many of you honestly will agree with this statement

The reason we are mad is not because we lost to kentucky

The reason we are mad is not because we lost to LSU

The reason we are mad is not because we lost to Alabama

The reason we are mad is not because we almost lost to a Auburn team that had about10+ coaches fired less than 7 days ago

The reason 99.9% of us are mad is because Miss State is 6-3 and Ole Miss is 8-1

We have lost back to back egg bowls and there is a 75% chance it becomes 3 in a row on thanksgiving

Ole Miss is the media darling and the come to the sip shit is annoying and we are also getting are ass handed to us in recruiting and on the field.

They had to completely rebuild their team from the ground up after losing the most starters in the SEC last year and they are 8-1 and there is a shot they will have a back to back 10 win season while we have back to back liberty bowl losses

I gurantee that half of us would not be as mad if ole miss was struggling to make a bowl game this year.

At the end of the , this is the most toxic rivalry in all of sports and it is not even close. We despise them AND ( yes you rebel landshark blackbears creeping) you despise us too.

I know what will happen if we lose on Thanksgiving again this year.

Do I think that is the best decision to do ? I honestly dont know but I know what will happen.

And thats all i gotta say about that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The reason 99.9% of us are mad is because Miss State is 6-3 and Ole Miss is 8-1
    I think there's a lot of truth in this, and I just don't get it. Like, I don't want Ole Miss to be good, I want them to suck, but it's not really going to make a difference in my life if they are good.

People sometimes post about how Ole Miss fans are going to give them hell about football and how hard that is, and I'm like, "A - grow thicker skin. And B - are you still in high school or something?" I know some Ole Miss fans, but no one is going to talk trash to me about the Egg Bowl, and I'm not going to talk trash if we win. And I've had a stranger come up to me unprompted to talk football like twice in my whole adult life, even when I wear MSU shirts out in public a lot.