Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leach now has 10 SEC wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    As Leach himself said, "You're either coaching it or you're allowing it".
    I'm not arguing that.

I don't know when Leach folded all those chairs up but sometime after that our offense seemed to wake up. They all need a square kick in the ass. We get lead and next thing you know Will is looking at Leach for 20 secs before looking at the plays on his wrist, then frantically trying to get play snapped before the play clock expires. No freakin excuse for that crap. I guess in between offensive series he's busy resting instead of analyzing or thinking about how to attack the damned defense they've adjusted to.

ETA: After all he setting all kinds of passing records so he's a stud ... right? Tired of hearing that shit too. He's the leader of the offense so he needs to lead.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-06-2022 at 02:49 AM.

vCash
    I never saw our offense wake up. Defense carried us like it has a lot. The offense has been bad this year. Leach needs to fire some coaches and he needs an OC. But we know that won't happen. If he goes 7-5 this year, he should be forced to make staff changes. Problem is, he'd be content to say no and take the buyout because dumbass Cohen extended him last year.

vCash
    I never saw our offense wake up. Defense carried us like it has a lot. The offense has been bad this year. Leach needs to fire some coaches and he needs an OC. But we know that won't happen. If he goes 7-5 this year, he should be forced to make staff changes. Problem is, he'd be content to say know and take the buyout because dumbass Cohen extended him last year.
    We went right down the field that culminated with the long pass/catch/run to RaRa for TD. Did somewhat for FG too. We hadn't done crap for almost 3 quarters after the first 17 offensive pts. If those don't happen we don't win the game. D played their ass off for most part too.

vCash
    You're dead ass wrong. The same crew thinking this is good football said we tried running it and couldn't beat Bama. Said this was our best shot to compete. It's been worse.
    Worse? We outgained Alabama in Tuscaloosa and scored our first touchdown against them since 2014.

vCash
    What the hell that got to do with anything? I thought we were trying to improve from Dan. Remember when this Air Raid was how to better compete with AL? AL is worse than almost any point in the last 10+ years and we score 1 TD in 3 years? You guys comfortable with Hoping we winning 6 or 7 every year hold this program back.
    What the hell it has to do with it is a complete double standard because Dan was allowed to build his program. We're already at 6-7 wins a year. The only way to get beyond that is to allow a coach to build- not fire him after three years because it wasn't an instant turnaround.

But people like me "hold this program back"? No it's the dumbasses that think a mobile QB fixes everything or that we should just completely do the opposite of what we're doing and then when we hire a coach that does the complete opposite wonder why that coach struggles here only to get mad when that coach loses to Kentucky to fire him and change everything again...

vCash
    I never saw our offense wake up. Defense carried us like it has a lot. The offense has been bad this year. Leach needs to fire some coaches and he needs an OC. But we know that won't happen. If he goes 7-5 this year, he should be forced to make staff changes. Problem is, he'd be content to say no and take the buyout because dumbass Cohen extended him last year.
    The defense carried us at times and they let us down at times- specifically after we got us 30-25 they let Auburn basically just run down our throats when we had to have known what five plays they were running. They also had a bad run fit on a huge TD for Auburn and they couldn't contain their QB running.

They also came up big several times including in overtime. They were lights out in the first half. They had a ton of sacks tonight.

But they were every bit as up and down as the rest of the team.

vCash
    Leach sucks. Only a Homer thinks differently.

vCash
    Any comparisons between Mullen's first few seasons vs Leach has to have context though when comparing records. SEC West from 2009-2013 was historically the most difficult division. 2010 we finished 5th with 9 wins and 15th in the country because 4 other teams in our division were incredible (historically the most difficult season in on division of college football). From 2010-2013 you had at least 3 10 win teams in our division every year. Compared to the teams we are facing today in the West, it's just not the same quality as during those years.

vCash
    Leach made staff changes after last year.

And you extend your coach for recruiting, to try to ensure prospects that the coach will still be around.

vCash
    The only reason leach has many of the wins he does, is because the middle to bottom of the league is atrocious. That includes us. It's why we get boat raced by teams in bowl games lately (unless we are playing Tulsa). Anybody defending leach at this point doesn't really understand the game. We have the talent to be better than what we are currently just on scheme alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Leach made staff changes after last year.

And you extend your coach for recruiting, to try to ensure prospects that the coach will still be around.
    That's working out well for us

vCash
    I don't get why any coach is compared to "years past". I also don't agree fans suck when 57K showed up last night. Maybe the ones complaining about the fans should adjust and say, "message board fans suck"! Or "armchair coaches" suck?

I don't consider myself a bad Msu fan, I'm not a fan of the air raid but I'm a huge Msu fan. In saying this, Leach is old, his offense is soft, he has no fire and want adjust or doesn't know how to adjust, something isn't right. Up 24-6 to a very bad Auburn team and we fell asleep at the wheel! Surely you guys can see this. Maybe I should read Genes page and get on board*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach sucks. Only a Homer thinks differently.
    I've become so apathetic about our program I only watched ot last night. I've decided I'm only watching meaningful games so I watched LSU/AL. Sad I know.

vCash
    I think it?s perfectly rational to complain after last nights game.

If you can?t understand people being frustrated about our performance last night, it shows a different type of agenda.

vCash
    He also won 9 year two.
    I would have LOVED to see what Dan Mullen would have done with an all SEC schedule year 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I've become so apathetic about our program I only watched ot last night. I've decided I'm only watching meaningful games so I watched LSU/AL. Sad I know.
    You didn't miss anything.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hugh Freeze?s offense did.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Exactly. It is like our team is getting worse and worse game by game.

vCash
    This thread reeks of the poor OL? Mississippi State mentality that needs to be flushed from this fanbase and boosters.

vCash
    Here's the bottom line: some people think you are "supposed" to win by running the ball between the tackles, and don't like it when we win any other way.