Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How can any of you think Leach is the answer at this point?

vCash
    Our offense is boring and disappears most games for at least 2 quarters or so. Makes its hard for people to buy in, when they are not being entertained for much of the game. This also leads to empty seats in today's sports world. Going to games in the $EC is not cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    With a coach who doesn?t have to use a magnifying glass to see that his QB is struggling and may need to give up a couple of series, to stand on the sideline and get a different view of what the deride is doing whip his backup engineers those series to see if he can light a spark.
    So name me that coach. Go find me the coach that's going to bench his year 3 QB that started the game 17-0 and is going to bench him to make him figure out things.

Find me a coach that will coach at MSU that will do that. Actually, find me ANY coach that you've seen in college football that benched a 2+ year starter because of a bad 2 quarters of football.

vCash
    Third quarter last night, we had no first downs, 40 yards on 20 plays. We usually have two bad quarters in all our losses, except bama (all bad quarters for years), BTW.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-06-2022 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    I find it fascinating that people get worked up enough about a football team to spend that much time to bitch about it. I've got actual important things to deal with. Lawd......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dstatechamps View Post
    I find it fascinating that people get worked up enough about a football team to spend that much time to bitch about it. I've got actual important things to deal with. Lawd......
    Clearly not. You're here reading it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    So explain how we do that. We've ALWAYS been that and unlike many want to believe, we still are that.

So how do you bring energy and excitement to the poorest team in the conference and compete and win games against teams that literally do everything better than you?

We have beaten every team we've played at home this year and according to the fan base, we suck. Beat Auburn, Texas A&M, and Arkansas at home. We suck. We had like 2-3 exciting seasons under Dan Mullen and in 2 of those years we had a QB that's starting in the NFL. Got very lucky.

Who would you replace Leach with that you could guarantee me would bring us more than 7 wins a year?
    So the same guy telling us we should offer Chip Kelly 7 mil per year is telling me we can't get anybody with more energy and creativity than Mike Ummmmm Leach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So the same guy telling us we should offer Chip Kelly 7 mil per year is telling me we can't get anybody with more energy and creativity than Mike Ummmmm Leach?
    I don't really care how "creative" a coach is, but I bet Chip Kelly would continue the Mullen/Leach standard of averaging around 7-5 here. Absolutely he should get a call the next time we have a vacancy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I don't really care how "creative" a coach is, but I bet Chip Kelly would continue the Mullen/Leach standard of averaging around 7-5 here. Absolutely he should get a call the next time we have a vacancy.
    That's fine. He'd be better than Leach. You're proving my point that we can do better. Kelly is a better coach than Leach. And he runs a more balanced attack that would do better in the SEC. 5 plays and no run game will never work in this league. Ever. If we had any semblance of a run game, we win last night 45-13.

So even if we somehow got Kelly (which we couldn't), and he had the same records as Mullen and Leach....at least we'd be doing the 2 things I'm asking for....showing we are committed to trying to win Big, and using a unique yet balanced style of offense that Cater’s more to the talent in our state.

And I'm not saying I want Kelly. I'd prefer a younger guy with more recruiting appeal
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-06-2022 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    That's fine. He'd be better than Leach. You're proving my point that we can do better. Kelly is a better coach than Leach. And he runs a more balanced attack that would do better in the SEC. 5 plays and no run game will never work in this league. Ever. If we had any semblance of a run game, we win last night 45-13.

So even if we somehow got Kelly (which we couldn't), and he had the same records as Mullen and Leach....at least we'd be doing the 2 things I'm asking for....showing we are committed to trying to win Big, and using a unique yet balanced style of offense that Cater’s more to the talent in our state.
    I just don't really have any reason to think that Kelly would be BETTER than the elevated standard Mullen and Leach have established for us. Equal, probably he would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I just don't really have any reason to think that Kelly would be BETTER than the elevated standard Mullen and Leach have established for us. Equal, probably he would.
    Well by balance and creativity alone he would give us a better shot than one dimensional Leach, so bring it on

vCash
    Well by balance and creativity alone he would give us a better shot than one dimensional Leach, so bring it on
    Maybe? Chip Kelly's first 5 years at UCLA are probably slightly better than Leach's first 5 at Washington State (I guess we should wait and see how this year ends for the Bruins), but WSU has far lower resources, and it's impossible to overstate how unimaginably bad WSU was before Leach took over. Given that, I think it's a win for Leach's resume if we compare their most recent Pac-12 tenures.

Put another way, I think Leach would have won a little more than Kelly had he been hired at UCLA in 2018, and I don't think Kelly would have done as well as Leach at WSU. I can't really prove that, it's just how I'm reading the numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    So name me that coach. Go find me the coach that's going to bench his year 3 QB that started the game 17-0 and is going to bench him to make him figure out things.

Find me a coach that will coach at MSU that will do that. Actually, find me ANY coach that you've seen in college football that benched a 2+ year starter because of a bad 2 quarters of football.
    A coach who wants to make it to Year 4.

vCash
    We are not getting better, guys. We're getting worse

He got out coached by Cadillac Williams tonight for goodness sake.

Our kickers still suck. Our punters still suck. Our QB is worse now than he was earlier this season. We can't run the ball. Our recruiting sucks too by the way. The future is dimmer than the present

Does it bother anybody that even if Auburn hired Kiffin (which they wont), Ole Miss could easily make a hire that would keep them light years better than us with Leach? It's because they are committed to football. We are not. We are content with 6 wins and a shit bowl.

It's time for Keenum to decide if he's willing to do what it takes to win in the sport that matters, or not. There's a reason we hired the guy nobody else would hire in this league. We don't take football seriously. Are you guys cool with donating money to a program that doesn't care? I'm not.
    Let me throw some information at you and anyone reading.

We are either the poorest or second poorest program in the SEC depending on who cuts an extra check at vanderbilt and one of the poorest in the Power 5. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...programs-2019/

Couple that with being in a state that has garnered a reputation, rightly or wrongly, of being undesirable mixed with a plain and boring town equals a bad formula for attracting recruits and coaches. Oxford saves themselves by being one of the more picturesque towns in the conference.

There's not a lot going in our favor, and the most important factor of money being a scarce resource hurts us a ton. We will not be first, second, third or fourth in line for that up and coming coordinator or coach or star player.

Despite this, we're able to consistently beat the higher revenue programs including our one and a half rivals and even upset the big schools like LSU on occasion. Anyone who can do better than that with the resources and factors working against us should be hailed as nothing short of a messiah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soonerdawg View Post
    Let me throw some information at you and anyone reading.

We are either the poorest or second poorest program in the SEC depending on who cuts an extra check at vanderbilt and one of the poorest in the Power 5. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...programs-2019/

Couple that with being in a state that has garnered a reputation, rightly or wrongly, of being undesirable mixed with a plain and boring town equals a bad formula for attracting recruits and coaches. Oxford saves themselves by being one of the more picturesque towns in the conference.

There's not a lot going in our favor, and the most important factor of money being a scarce resource hurts us a ton. We will not be first, second, third or fourth in line for that up and coming coordinator or coach or star player.

Despite this, we're able to consistently beat the higher revenue programs including our one and a half rivals and even upset the big schools like LSU on occasion. Anyone who can do better than that with the resources and factors working against us should be hailed as nothing short of a messiah.
    Well then that settles it, let's just accept the fact that we will never be better. We're just poor State, we should accept mediocrity. How dare I and others think we should expect more than to have a balanced offense that contains more than 5 plays, and to put away a floundering coachless team at home after getting up by 21. We need to just accept being the little fella we are, while a team an hour and half away from us in the same State continues to go to NY Day bowls and flourish in the top 10.

GTFOH with the chicken little BS. We are in the SEC. Do we make as much as the rest of our conference? No. That just means we have to be smarter, more creative, and use ours wisely. Doesn't mean we have to throw our hands up and say "we have the last ranked budget but aren't finishing last...we should be happy and extend contracts"

I forgot I'm dealing with a bunch of fans that are cool with Poor fan support, losing to Ole Miss every year, playing with no energy, not adjusting, not recruiting, not improving our weaknesses from the year before, and going to a poorly attended, poorly viewed, worthless bowl game every year. I'm sure Vandy is jealous.