Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can any of you think Leach is the answer at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    JFC he didn't get "outcoached". Our OL allowed too many hits to the QB and can't run block against good DL. Our punter lost his damn mind.

If anything, he got outrecruited, and that isn't anything new.
    Using your reasoning no loss is ever on the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We are not getting better, guys. We're getting worse

He got out coached by Cadillac Williams tonight for goodness sake.

Our kickers still suck. Our punters still suck. Our QB is worse now than he was earlier this season. We can't run the ball. Our recruiting sucks too by the way. The future is dimmer than the present

Does it bother anybody that even if Auburn hired Kiffin (which they wont), Ole Miss could easily make a hire that would keep them light years better than us with Leach? It's because they are committed to football. We are not. We are content with 6 wins and a shit bowl.

It's time for Keenum to decide if he's willing to do what it takes to win in the sport that matters, or not. There's a reason we hired the guy nobody else would hire in this league. We don't take football seriously. Are you guys cool with donating money to a program that doesn't care? I'm not.
    I no longer believe he is the answer, and I wanted him when we hired Mullen and Morehead

This program needs: energy & passion with a blue collar in your face attitude that refuses to be out worked or out hustled and let?s the world know you better bring your lunchbox because we fighting for 60

vCash
    "I don't see any emotion from the coach on the sideline" was something we heard a lot about Mullen in the 2011-13 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    I no longer believe he is the answer, and I wanted him when we hired Mullen and Morehead

This program needs: energy & passion with a blue collar in your face attitude that refuses to be out worked or out hustled and let?s the world know you better bring your lunchbox because we fighting for 60
    Arnett deserves an interview whenever our job opens, that is without question. He has that attitude you described, we all saw it last night, problem is he is a defensive guy, success tends to follow offensive minded coaches, but if he could get a great offensive staff, I think he?d do well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Arnett deserves an interview whenever our job opens, that is without question. He has that attitude you described, we all saw it last night, problem is he is a defensive guy, success tends to follow offensive minded coaches, but if he could get a great offensive staff, I think he?d do well
    Our last two "offensive" savants are technically frauds.

We might as well have a defensive coach and a great OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post

Saban and Kirby ?

vCash
    All this talk misses the point: You can't win a 100m dash if the opponents start 80m closer to the finish line. That's college. We are POOR, and poor 17 year old recruits want cash. 50 year old coaches want cash. We can't get or keep either.

Cue the "poor ol mississippi State" crowd. I don't care of you want to mock it, Its the TRUTH, and the truth hurts. We will NEVER be able to compete with the elites except for the rare once a decade stars align 2014... which we had 3 losses in, BTW. Even our golden standard of "we can compete!" Would still be Bamas or Ohio States worst season in a decade and a half.

Leach cant recruit? Name me who could here when the competition is offering $100k to a kid and we can't muster $20k?

Leach is a flawed coach? Who isn't? Even Saban missed on his OC and DCs and is paying the price now.

Leach hasn't elevated the program? It's embarrassing how short your memories are- JoMo left a mess and were only now getting back to having all our scholarships used. He's absolutely elevated us from what he took over.

Leach has won big at 2 shitty schools with shitty recruiting. Name me ANY coach we could hire that's done that? Name me ANY coach with a resume as good as Leaches? Name me ANY coach we could have hired post Moorhead who'd have done better to this point? Name me ANY coach we could hire now who would do better than Leach going forward?

You can't. All you can do is point out his flaws, which fair enough I guess. But you can't think 1 step ahead. We are in a pay to win game and we are poor.

vCash
    I don't care if it's a household name. Just give me someone with some creativity and a passion to play hard, recruit hard, and make adjustments. And someone that will put asses in the seats and drive NIL donations. I don't care if it starts out as a stepping stone. This boring bullshit with no adjustments and no creativity is slowly killing our program. It doesn't generate excitement, donations, recruiting, nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I second this motion. Anybody watch Freeze' Liberty team beat Arkansas yesterday. I know a lot of State people don't like him, but he is a great coach and I have no doubt he could win here.
    Freezus is a good football coach. He's proven that.

Buttttttt...nobody has ever called me virtuous and I have had my share of fun with strippers in and out of the club....and even I cant look the other way as to what Freezus was doing at Mississippi in recruiting. Good grief- he could have been hired as the road manager for Motley Crue with what he was doing all the while Bible thumping.

Just cant make that hire. Auburn is that school. Not us
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    All this talk misses the point: You can't win a 100m dash if the opponents start 80m closer to the finish line. That's college. We are POOR, and poor 17 year old recruits want cash. 50 year old coaches want cash. We can't get or keep either.

Cue the "poor ol mississippi State" crowd. I don't care of you want to mock it, Its the TRUTH, and the truth hurts. We will NEVER be able to compete with the elites except for the rare once a decade stars align 2014... which we had 3 losses in, BTW. Even our golden standard of "we can compete!" Would still be Bamas or Ohio States worst season in a decade and a half.

Leach cant recruit? Name me who could here when the competition is offering $100k to a kid and we can't muster $20k?

Leach is a flawed coach? Who isn't? Even Saban missed on his OC and DCs and is paying the price now.

Leach hasn't elevated the program? It's embarrassing how short your memories are- JoMo left a mess and were only now getting back to having all our scholarships used. He's absolutely elevated us from what he took over.

Leach has won big at 2 shitty schools with shitty recruiting. Name me ANY coach we could hire that's done that? Name me ANY coach with a resume as good as Leaches? Name me ANY coach we could have hired post Moorhead who'd have done better to this point? Name me ANY coach we could hire now who would do better than Leach going forward?

You can't. All you can do is point out his flaws, which fair enough I guess. But you can't think 1 step ahead. We are in a pay to win game and we are poor.
    Poor ole Mississippi State is accepting mediocrity because "we're poor ole Mississippi State"....so you, my friend, are poor ole Mississippi State. Loser mentality

vCash
    Poor ole Mississippi State is accepting mediocrity because "we're poor ole Mississippi State"....so you, my friend, are poor ole Mississippi State. Loser mentality
    But....we are poor.

We are the poorest school in the conference every single year. So either money doesn't matter or it does, and if it does, we can't just say oh screw money we should be more successful than we are!

Name me poor schools that are consistently competitive. Don't name me rich schools that underperform. Name me poor schools that consistently overachieve. Because we are the poorest school in the conference.

vCash
    Is averaging 7.1-4.9 in regular seasons, winning 46% of SEC games, getting bowls every year, etc., actually "mediocre" though? That's harsh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    But....we are poor.

We are the poorest school in the conference every single year. So either money doesn't matter or it does, and if it does, we can't just say oh screw money we should be more successful than we are!

Name me poor schools that are consistently competitive. Don't name me rich schools that underperform. Name me poor schools that consistently overachieve. Because we are the poorest school in the conference.
    That's why you have to have energy and excitement! Boredom doesn't drive money! 6-6/7-5 doesn't either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Is averaging 7.1-4.9 in regular seasons, winning 46% of SEC games, getting bowls every year, etc., actually "mediocre" though? That's harsh.
    It's literally 1 game above .500

So yeah, mediocre. Especially when 4 of our 7 wins are usually cupcake teams that nobody even shows up to watch us beat.

vCash
    It's literally 1 game above .500

So yeah, mediocre. Especially when 4 of our 7 wins are usually cupcake teams that nobody even shows up to watch us beat.
    If your standard for mediocre is Dan Mullen, you're probably going to be unsatisfied with any coach we ever hire. Clawson, Kelly, etc., have similar records and likely would here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Freezus is a good football coach. He's proven that.

Buttttttt...nobody has ever called me virtuous and I have had my share of fun with strippers in and out of the club....and even I cant look the other way as to what Freezus was doing at Mississippi in recruiting. Good grief- he could have been hired as the road manager for Motley Crue with what he was doing all the while Bible thumping.

Just cant make that hire. Auburn is that school. Not us
    I'm sure Freeze will admit that he made lots of mistakes in his personal life. Lots of us have. There is such a thing as forgiveness if you are truly sorry for your sins. Liberty gave him a second chance and he seems to be doing pretty well there. Lots of State fans feel like you, however. Auburn will probably hire him, win championships, and we will continue on our path of mediocrity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I'm sure Freeze will admit that he made lots of mistakes in his personal life. Lots of us have. There is such a thing as forgiveness if you are truly sorry for your sins. Liberty gave him a second chance and he seems to be doing pretty well there. Lots of State fans feel like you, however. Auburn will probably hire him, win championships, and we will continue on our path of mediocrity.
    Do you really think Cuck Fetish U gives a damn about Freeze and hookers?

vCash
    That's why you have to have energy and excitement! Boredom doesn't drive money! 6-6/7-5 doesn't either.
    So explain how we do that. We've ALWAYS been that and unlike many want to believe, we still are that.

So how do you bring energy and excitement to the poorest team in the conference and compete and win games against teams that literally do everything better than you?

We have beaten every team we've played at home this year and according to the fan base, we suck. Beat Auburn, Texas A&M, and Arkansas at home. We suck. We had like 2-3 exciting seasons under Dan Mullen and in 2 of those years we had a QB that's starting in the NFL. Got very lucky.

Who would you replace Leach with that you could guarantee me would bring us more than 7 wins a year?

vCash
    But....we are poor.

Not nearly to the extent you think. And part of the reason Cohen is gone is due some money influence because Cohen was holding us back. All these schools claiming to have all that money for NIL are full of shit minus a handful.

vCash
    So explain how we do that. We've ALWAYS been that and unlike many want to believe, we still are that.

So how do you bring energy and excitement to the poorest team in the conference and compete and win games against teams that literally do everything better than you?

We have beaten every team we've played at home this year and according to the fan base, we suck. Beat Auburn, Texas A&M, and Arkansas at home. We suck. We had like 2-3 exciting seasons under Dan Mullen and in 2 of those years we had a QB that's starting in the NFL. Got very lucky.

Who would you replace Leach with that you could guarantee me would bring us more than 7 wins a year?
    With a coach who doesn?t have to use a magnifying glass to see that his QB is struggling and may need to give up a couple of series, to stand on the sideline and get a different view of what the deride is doing whip his backup engineers those series to see if he can light a spark.