Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can any of you think Leach is the answer at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We need someone with a spread offense. Proven g5 coach that isn't harsin and has sec ties.
    Or f*ck it. Who is the newest Saban retread as an oc and former HC...
    Chip Kelly. Doesn't have the SEC ties but he's proving he can do it at UCLA and he's got a lot of what we want. Similar offense, coached in big time games.

I would kick the tires on that and see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Chip Kelly. Doesn't have the SEC ties but he's proving he can do it at UCLA and he's got a lot of what we want. Similar offense, coached in big time games.

Maybe auburn could pull him, maybe. We don't have a shot imo

ETA... didn't he choose ucla over Florida?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think he hates recruiting.
    ^^^^^This^^^^^

vCash

You'd fire him straight out of the gate. 3-9, 4-8, 3-4 in his first 3 years.

vCash

Unless UCLA ran him off, no way he leaves them for us at this point in his career.

vCash
    We need to go throw ass loads of money at Hugh Freeze and bring in Mark Hudspeth as OC and Ed Orgeron as DC. We can call it the MSU coaching rehab tour. We would win a NC in year 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Stayed the whole game. Very ugly. No SEC DC fears this "offense". At worse, they make halftime adjustments and we have nothing to adjust from that little piece of paper. WR's then disappear again for most of 2nd half, (see LSU, KY, and bama always). UMass punter was terrible. Will, no pocket presence on fumbles. You have to be able to run some to win in the SEC. Game, even though a win, is a prime example of why it's hard for State fans to buy in. Cadillac and his "staff" had 3 days to prepare for this game, Leach and staff had 2 weeks. Let that sink in.
    I had the flu and could not make it but for you guys there - did we have WR's open during that stretch that was ugly? It seemed at times we checked down really fast.
    Also, on some of the runs, if Rogers just fakes the hand off he had green grass around the ends because they were crashing down.

vCash

Are you fuсking serious win that? Can you imagine the meltdown if Mike Leach had 3 losing records his first 3 seasons here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Are you fuсking serious win that? Can you imagine the meltdown if Mike Leach had 3 losing records his first 3 seasons here?
    UCLA was a complete and total rebuild. We aren't anything close to that even though our fan bases favorite pastime is finding ways to crap on every conference win we ever have after we've won.

With what we have on roster, we aren't winning 3 and 4 games a year. We have the best group of QBs we've ever had, talent at the skill positions. Anyone that thinks Chip would come in and win 3 or 4 has a severely warped view of our program.

We could pay Chip Kelly 6-7 million dollars a year. Might not happen, but to me if you don't want to go down that road, that's ridiculous. Because Chip would be a good coach. Doesn't mean we get him, but why the hell would you not think about it? I don't really see negatives there.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 11-06-2022 at 11:17 AM.

vCash
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to have Kelly if we suddenly had a vacancy. I'm just saying that in Year 3, most of this board would be demanding his firing after he locked up another 7-5 year and I'd be the voice in the wilderness pointing out how "He's winning at the same level that Mullen and Leach did!"

vCash
    Chip Kelly ain't coming nowhere near the SEC. He is happy and content at UCLA where he doesn't have to worry about being buttslammed every weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We are not getting better, guys. We're getting worse

He got out coached by Cadillac Williams tonight for goodness sake.

Our kickers still suck. Our punters still suck. Our QB is worse now than he was earlier this season. We can't run the ball. Our recruiting sucks too by the way. The future is dimmer than the present

Does it bother anybody that even if Auburn hired Kiffin (which they wont), Ole Miss could easily make a hire that would keep them light years better than us with Leach? It's because they are committed to football. We are not. We are content with 6 wins and a shit bowl.

It's time for Keenum to decide if he's willing to do what it takes to win in the sport that matters, or not. There's a reason we hired the guy nobody else would hire in this league. We don't take football seriously. Are you guys cool with donating money to a program that doesn't care? I'm not.
    Lane is a great coach. Anyone Ole Miss hires next is going to be a step down. TSUN fans will then be comparing their next coach to Lane and on it goes.
    On Leach- I want to see how the season ends. It seems every freaking season, our fans want the coach fired before a season can be finished.
    I am a big Leach supporter and last night was upset, but I want to see how this season ends, and what does Leach does in the Portal.
    Also, I want to see this eggbowl before saying any more. I really don't care to start predicting any win or loss in an eggbowl.
    Under Mullen we took teams to Oxford and should have beaten them and didn't. I want to see us kick their tail this year more than any year.

vCash

This is where we start looking ridiculous. Chip Kelly is not leaving LA for Starkville. Sorry to jump on your comment, but I mean this more toward all our other fans that want to jump on Leach, and assume we will land a big name.

vCash
    Let's also keep in mind, while we are all bitching today, that we play in an extremely tough division where recruiting is incredibly competitive.
    So before we run off a coach and think we will somehow hire the next savior that wins us 1 more game a year than the current coach, please step back for a minute.
    I know improvements are needed, but good grief let's first see if we can get solutions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Let's also keep in mind, while we are all bitching today, that we play in an extremely tough division where recruiting is incredibly competitive.
    So before we run off a coach and think we will somehow hire the next savior that wins us 1 more game a year than the current coach, please step back for a minute.
    I know improvements are needed, but good grief let's first see if we can get solutions.
    Who gives a flip we play in a tough flipping division?

Yes we won last night - but the effort and execution disappear for long stretches of nearly every game
    - I want to see the kind of effort Auburn displayed for 60 minutes
    - I want to see emotion and give a flip by our coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Who gives a flip we play in a tough flipping division?

Yes we won last night - but the effort and execution disappear for long stretches of nearly every game
    - I want to see the kind of effort Auburn displayed for 60 minutes
    - I want to see emotion and give a flip by our coaches
    I will tell you who gives a flip about the schedule and recruiting - the coaches you try to hire next, who will want the job as a stepping stone. My post was all about the griping through each season to fire a coach, as if we can easily hire a savant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    This is where we start looking ridiculous. Chip Kelly is not leaving LA for Starkville. Sorry to jump on your comment, but I mean this more toward all our other fans that want to jump on Leach, and assume we will land a big name.
    Chip Kelly is scheduled to make 4.8 million next year.

Telling me we can't come with an offer of 7 million and at least make him think about it?

Not saying he would, but I've got to think that would at least be a reasonable course of action for us to take.

Like o said, not saying he would come. But are we seriously not going to look at starting there?

vCash
    Chip Kelly is scheduled to make 4.8 million next year.

Telling me we can't come with an offer of 7 million and at least make him think about it?

Not saying he would, but I've got to think that would at least be a reasonable course of action for us to take.

Like o said, not saying he would come. But are we seriously not going to look at starting there?
    Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you.
    But you and some others may have a point that for us to upgrade to a coach like that, we will have to pay out some ridiculous money. But even then, we only offer 4 year contracts in MS, and Starkville is not for every coach and their wives. Maybe that is just where things are.

Another perspective - Leach's buyout this season is about $16.8 million. Don't confuse our budget with the Auburn's, Aggies, etc. We cannot even pay that buyout, so everyone just give it up this season about firing a coach, or poney up the money yourselves.
    And if we are not wanting to buyout $16.8, not including assistants, then do you think we would then run out and pay a coach and assistants over $8 million?

So these threads right now, this season are going nowhere in firing our current coach.
    Last edited by Santiago; 11-06-2022 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We are not getting better, guys. We're getting worse

He got out coached by Cadillac Williams tonight for goodness sake.

Our kickers still suck. Our punters still suck. Our QB is worse now than he was earlier this season. We can't run the ball. Our recruiting sucks too by the way. The future is dimmer than the present

Does it bother anybody that even if Auburn hired Kiffin (which they wont), Ole Miss could easily make a hire that would keep them light years better than us with Leach? It's because they are committed to football. We are not. We are content with 6 wins and a shit bowl.

It's time for Keenum to decide if he's willing to do what it takes to win in the sport that matters, or not. There's a reason we hired the guy nobody else would hire in this league. We don't take football seriously. Are you guys cool with donating money to a program that doesn't care? I'm not.
    JFC he didn't get "outcoached". Our OL allowed too many hits to the QB and can't run block against good DL. Our punter lost his damn mind.

If anything, he got outrecruited, and that isn't anything new.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    We need to go throw ass loads of money at Hugh Freeze and bring in Mark Hudspeth as OC and Ed Orgeron as DC. We can call it the MSU coaching rehab tour. We would win a NC in year 2.
    I second this motion. Anybody watch Freeze' Liberty team beat Arkansas yesterday. I know a lot of State people don't like him, but he is a great coach and I have no doubt he could win here.