Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Arnett

vCash

Zach Arnett

https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/stat...xByi2qsuJtPLIA

? I all for this university breaking the trend of getting rid of Defensive every couple years . That doesn?t seem like a good formula?

vCash
    Dont have Twitter. Whats the issue?

vCash
    Gotta love Arnett!

vCash
    Told you guys- he and the wife love it here and have bought land.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Dont have Twitter. Whats the issue?
    He is quoted basically saying he wants to stay here for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yep, this. He's a country boy at heart and they love it!

vCash
    Here's what he said:

Zach Arnett earlier tonight on Mississippi State football?s weekly radio show:

?I?m all for this university breaking the trend of getting rid of D coordinators every couple years. That doesn?t seem like a good formula.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    He is quoted basically saying he wants to stay here for a long time.
    Sweet! It also probably helps him a lot that leach couldnt care less as long as they play well on that side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There are ways to start a sentence other than "I told you so", lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Sweet! It also probably helps him a lot that leach couldnt care less as long as they play well on that side.
    Being able to do your job and some semblance of autonomy is huge for an asst Coach especially a coordinator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    LMAO!! Perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Being able to do your job and some semblance of autonomy is huge for an asst Coach especially a coordinator
    Yep, and I'm sure he'll get to at least interview for the job once Leach heads to the beach permanently, regardless if he's a legitimate candidate or not.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Yep, and I'm sure he'll get to at least interview for the job once Leach heads to the beach permanently, regardless if he's a legitimate candidate or not.
    I would think so too. He's gonna be a head coach somewhere at some point and if he continues to produce here, I'm sure he'll get some consideration

vCash
    When Leach retires after the 2035 season, we can promote Arnett to head coach with Will Rogers as OC and HC-in-waiting. (Unless he's still winning NFL MVPs on a yearly basis.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    When Leach retires after the 2035 season, we can promote Arnett to head coach with Will Rogers as OC and HC-in-waiting. (Unless he's still winning NFL MVPs on a yearly basis.)
    2035!?!? Nooooooo chance he's hear that long.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not sure he's aware of that ***

ETA: One thing I like about Leach and his staff is they seem to like Starkville and like working for Leach. I tend to want to believe they'll get the ship sailing more smoothly if given some more time.

Hard to find folks that ain't looking so much to move on to bigger/better (so to speak) jobs. Saban might have a more difficult time stealing Leach's better assistants when his assistants bale on him cause he's a bitch to work for. Kiffin still loves him tho ***
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-04-2022 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    I like Arnett. I want to see what he can do with 2017 MSU defense type talent.

I feel like he's had one hand behind his back the whole time he has been here to an extent because we haven't always generated pressure from the DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I like Arnett. I want to see what he can do with 2017 MSU defense type talent.

I feel like he's had one hand behind his back the whole time he has been here to an extent because we haven't always generated pressure from the DL.
    Him with the 18 defense would be downright terrifying. He would have sent Abram like a heat seeking missile on every 3rd down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Him with the 18 defense would be downright terrifying. He would have sent Abram like a heat seeking missile on every 3rd down
    If your a hard hitting safety, I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to play for him given the chance. Can you imagine Abrams being told, just GO! I don’t give a damn if you get a late hit or roughing or what, just GO!!