Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strength of Schedule - OM and Us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Ole miss sec record 2009 4-4, 2013 3-5, 2016 2-6
    MSU SEC record entering Egg Bowl - 2009: 2-5 (4-7), 2013: 2-5 (5-6), 2016: 2-5 (4-7)
    OM SEC record entering Egg Bowl - 2009: 4-3 (8-3), 2013: 3-4 (7-4), 2016: 2-5 (5-6)
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    MSU SEC record entering Egg Bowl - 2009: 2-5 (4-7), 2013: 2-5 (5-6), 2016: 2-5 (4-7)
    OM SEC record entering Egg Bowl - 2009: 4-3 (8-3), 2013: 3-4 (7-4), 2016: 2-5 (5-6)
    Really some bad teams in that era

vCash
    Ole Miss NEVER wins in Fayetteville. That is a definite loss. They won't beat Bama either.
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I agree with all that but Kentucky. Ole Miss beat Kentucky and Kentucky whipped our ass. No need to sugarcoat it.
    At this point we just need to win at least 3 out of the last 4, go to a mediocre bowl, and call it a year.
    That's pretty dreary for a 8-4 season.
    That's really good for us. Especially considering we got uga.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Of course. Number two sos and some with an obvious agenda start promoting a 10-2 season so they can turn around and bash leach. Always the narrative. Dishonest morons. 8-4 with this schedule is a very good year. 7-5 is nothing to be ashamed of when your losses are to Georgia, Alabama on the road, LSU on the road, ranked uk on the road and ranked ole miss on the road. What are we ? Ohio state ? Apparently we are a blue blood and the best coach since World War Two didn’t have a 33-39 sec record.

Look at this programs history, what a load of bullshit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I agree 8-4 is good. My initial comment was referencing the comment that (paraphrasing) we gave Kentucky the game and Kentucky gave Ole Miss the game. I think that trivializes SEC wins which are not easy to get. I do think at the end of the year the Kentucky game is going to be the game that's looked back on with the most regret. It was an away game that could have offset a most likely home loss to GA.
    Also, we haven't won 8 yet. It could easily be a 7-5 year. That wouldn't be horrible against our SOS but it would be 3 consecutive Egg Bowl losses which is bad for morale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I agree 8-4 is good. My initial comment was referencing the comment that (paraphrasing) we gave Kentucky the game and Kentucky gave Ole Miss the game. I think that trivializes SEC wins which are not easy to get. I do think at the end of the year the Kentucky game is going to be the game that's looked back on with the most regret. It was an away game that could have offset a most likely home loss to GA.
    Also, we haven't won 8 yet. It could easily be a 7-5 year. That wouldn't be horrible against our SOS but it would be 3 consecutive Egg Bowl losses which is bad for morale.
    Good post! I agree.

vCash
    all this is logical, what is also logical to the eye test is that Kiffen is a better coach, has more excitement for his program right now - than we've had in years.

If Leach coached MSU 10 times against a Kiffen led Rebel team, i think we win 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    Ole Miss NEVER wins in Fayetteville. That is a definite loss. They won't beat Bama either.
    With Lane I wouldn’t bet on that. Lane will beat Saban at some point. And they may well get drummed against bama and hogs.......but I darn sure would not bet on it. I’m just hoping CML will get sick of losing and and listening to all the crap the comes with losing ESPECIALLY in ox......looking bad losing is one thing.....looking bad and having to listen to the om BS is quite another.......If you haven’t walked out of VH after a loss I don’t think one can truly appreciate.

vCash
    Egg Bowl recent history : Dan was 3-4 when Ole Miss had 5 or more wins going into the game. Dan was 0-2 when Ole Miss had 8 or more wins going into the egg bowl.

vCash
    Egg Bowl recent history : Dan was 3-4 when Ole Miss had 5 or more wins going into the game. Dan was 0-2 when Ole Miss had 8 or more wins going into the egg bowl.
    That's not really bad considering he began his annual job search after drawing up against bama and the little effort spent on getting the team ready for OM his last few years at State.**

vCash
    If you think this season will be good with a 7-5 record then you have a loser mentality and I feel sorry for you. You will also be very disappointed in the next couple of years when the same shit happens
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Mullen was 5-4 vs Mississippi and while I'm pissed about his job interviews during Egg Bowl Week he did have a winning record vs Mississippi
    Jackie was 7-6 vs Mississippi

Shitty JoVester was 2-0 vs Mississippi.
    Leach is 0-2

Since the rivalry moved back to campus in 1991-31 years ago- State coaches have held the advantage over Mississippi until Leach.

If you dont think this Thanksgiving is HUGE- you're an idiot. No State coach has lost 3 in a row to them and kept their job in the last 60 years.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lol, no state coach has beat a ranked ole miss team on the road in 25 years

Again, dans record against ole miss teams with 8 wins. 0-2

His record against mediocre ole miss teams with five wins 3-4

He won when Ole Miss was way down, and when they were decent he crapped the bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If you think this season will be good with a 7-5 record then you have a loser mentality and I feel sorry for you. You will also be very disappointed in the next couple of years when the same shit happens
    What's Miss State's record in your lifetime? What's Miss State's record all time?