Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Oliver Show Re: Auburn's Next Coach

vCash

Chuck Oliver Show Re: Auburn's Next Coach

On Chuck Oliver around the noon hour he had Jay Ferguson from the Auburn Observer. They talked Cohen and NIL for a while. Then Chuck asked what were the rumblings he's hearing about the next coach. Jay said it's Lane Kiffin by a mile. He said that Auburn will put on a full court press for Kiffin and make him say no several times before moving on to the #2 guy.

vCash
    If Auburn gets him, look at them having to pay at least $11 million a year.

Price of doing business but good lord.

vCash
    Auburn people are almost insane as om folks. They'll be willing to pay or do whatever it takes to get who they want.

vCash
    Absolutely. Probably named the coach after the bowl game. People saying Kiffin is going to wait to take over for Saban at Alabama are wrong. he’s going to take over at Auburn and try to pass Alabama once Saban retires, which could easily happen. Auburn has all the resources to win big in this nil era.

Ole miss is an intermediate job, not in the same league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Absolutely. Probably named the coach after the bowl game. People saying Kiffin is going to wait to take over for Saban at Alabama are wrong. he’s going to take over at Auburn and try to pass Alabama once Saban retires, which could easily happen. Auburn has all the resources to win big in this nil era.

Saban will pick his replacement at Alabama

No way in hell its Kiffin

The next Alabama football coach is Dabo Swinney.

It just is, Its a great hire

vCash

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to be the next guy to follow saban at alabama. You'll always be living in his shadow and unless you repeat what he's done, you won't last long. First time you lose 2 games in a season you'll be in a world of hurt.

vCash
    Saban is 71 and looking a little crusty. He won’t coach too much longer.

vCash
    Saban is 71 and looking a little crusty. He won’t coach too much longer.
    Yeah with nil, he isn't getting all the top5* anymore. Unless there is a cap, he's days are a lot more limited. They'll always be at the top as Alabama invests so much and has top systems in place but the year after year titles are done.

vCash
    I would love to spend Thanksgiving week with the OM message boards in meltdown b/c the hot rumor is Kiffin is headed to The Plains.

vCash
    I'm going to try to corner the market on Pine Box's next week. Looks like there might be a run on them soon.

vCash
    I'm betting Kiffin goes to AU. He don't care about having a rivalry with Leach or MSU. I'm betting he would much prefer a head-to-head rivalry against Lil Nicky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    If Auburn gets him, look at them having to pay at least $11 million a year.

Price of doing business but good lord.
    I'm not advocating paying Kiffin, or anybody else, $11 million. I think they are all overpaid, especially with guaranteed contracts that still pay you after you are fired for doing a sh*tty job (but that's a discussion for another thread). However, who would you rather have as your coach?

1) the wrong coach for $4 million annually
    2) the right coach for $11 million annually

If you can get the right guy, it's almost always worth the money (ticket sales, wins, exposure, etc.)

vCash
    I think coach Prime at Auburn would be extremely entertaining. Especially with the supporting cast he may surround himself with. I would prefer Lane to Nebraska and Prime to Auburn.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I think contracts should be honored. If you sign a guy to a 120 million dollar contract for 10 years.... and you choose to go another route, well pay them the remainder. I have no idea why it is so difficult.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I think coach Prime at Auburn would be extremely entertaining. Especially with the supporting cast he may surround himself with. I would prefer Lane to Nebraska and Prime to Auburn.
    No way Lane would go to Nebraska. That is a step down from Ole Miss or any other team in the SEC outside of Vandy or Missouri.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Prime may end up at Ole Miss if Kiffin leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to be the next guy to follow saban at alabama. You'll always be living in his shadow and unless you repeat what he's done, you won't last long. First time you lose 2 games in a season you'll be in a world of hurt.
    Just ask Ray Perkins.

vCash
    I remember dodging whiskey bottles one thanksgiving while chanting auburn in vaught stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Saban will pick his replacement at Alabama

No way in hell its Kiffin

The next Alabama football coach is Dabo Swinney.

It just is, Its a great hire
    Dabo won't be the next coach at Alabama unless he changes his philosophy about recruiting and the transfer portal.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    You know Jimmy Sexton is working this already. How high does everyone think Ole Miss will go to keep Lane?