Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys - MsState is 5-3. Can we let the CML stuff drop until the end of the season?

Banned
    vCash

Guys - MsState is 5-3. Can we let the CML stuff drop until the end of the season?

Seriously, are we disappointed, yes. Win Auburn, ETSU, and Ole Miss and this is a pretty good looking season. Follow that up with a bowl win, and that is 9 wins. Not too shabby.
    We have to compete against UGA, yep. We have to stuff the run against Auburn and UM, yep. Do it and we will be alright.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Seriously, are we disappointed, yes. Win Auburn, ETSU, and Ole Miss and this is a pretty good looking season. Follow that up with a bowl win, and that is 9 wins. Not too shabby.
    We have to compete against UGA, yep. We have to stuff the run against Auburn and UM, yep. Do it and we will be alright.
    Agree. We could finish strong and feel better about the year even if other things don't maybe.

At least quit with the poster insults. OK for everyone to have an opinion and disagree.

Here is the challenge. Win or lose, both sides say I told you so. Win or lose, we always want to critique the performance and everything about the game as what fans and boards do. With that comes the over the top feelings - we suck or we are best MSU ever.

For me, if we can get some consistency, and start to show real progress (getting better and competing every week). I'm OK. We don't have to win them all. We feel stuck in average at best and not making any moves to me which is striking too many the wrong way week to week.

vCash
    I agree with Lord McB and R2, 100%!

I tried to rep both of you!

vCash
    How? We don’t have an SEC quarterback.

We don’t have SEC caliber assistants

We have a coach that’s checked out

Our NFL head coach message posters can all tell you that.

But, you are spot on 100%

vCash
    I agree also. One game at a time. Stay positive.

vCash
    I still think we can win 10 games...run the table.

vCash
    The dinosaur arm speech by pirate head did the trick.

The WRs won't drop another ball the rest of the season.

Or maybe it's just another cool sound bite.

vCash
    om is banged up and will probably lose at LEAST one more game if not several......CML ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BEAT om and LK.......Mandatory ....

vCash
    This is a message board - and he is getting paid enough to take some criticism

vCash
    Good post, this is about where we normally are around this time of year in terms of our record. As much as we love to dream big and expect big things out of our football program, we are pretty much on par to what we normally are. That's not an excuse to accept being in the middle of the pack, its just reality.

Our recent records after 8 games the past 10 years:
    2021....5-3 - finished 7-6
    2020....2-6 - finished 4-7
    2019....3-5 - finished 6-7
    2018....5-3 - finished 8-5
    2017....6-2 - finished 9-4
    2016....3-5 - finished 6-7
    2015....6-2 - finished 9-4
    2014....8-0 - Our magical Dak year, finished 10-3
    2013....4-4 - finished 7-6
    2012....7-1 - finished 8-5

Other than 2014, we are pretty much on pace to finish in the range we typically do, Im not saying its a good thing or acceptable... its just who we are

vCash
    Mike Leach is a national treasure. So long as he has a winning record (and doesn't lose to Ole Miss constantly), he's the guy.

That Will Rogers guy is pretty good too. If you complete 30-40-50 passes a game, it's up to the WRs to break a tackle or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Mike Leach is a national treasure. So long as he has a winning record (and doesn't lose to Ole Miss constantly), he's the guy.

That Will Rogers guy is pretty good too. If you complete 30-40-50 passes a game, it's up to the WRs to break a tackle or two.
    Where the heck you been man? Getting worried about you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Where the heck you been man? Getting worried about you!
    Lol. I'm doing good. Just working and chasing kids to ball fields every hour of every day. But it's totally worth it and a ton of fun!

Good to see some familiar "faces" here.

vCash
    Slacker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Lol. I'm doing good. Just working and chasing kids to ball fields every hour of every day. But it's totally worth it and a ton of fun!

Good to see some familiar "faces" here.
    I hear ya! Glad to hear you're well! These are good times enjoy every minute of it! You need to post more though lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yep

Dude makes 5.5 million per year, I would do a lot more than get shit talked on a message board for a quarter of that money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Good post, this is about where we normally are around this time of year in terms of our record. As much as we love to dream big and expect big things out of our football program, we are pretty much on par to what we normally are. That's not an excuse to accept being in the middle of the pack, its just reality.

Our recent records after 8 games the past 10 years:
    2021....5-3 - finished 7-6
    2020....2-6 - finished 4-7
    2019....3-5 - finished 6-7
    2018....5-3 - finished 8-5
    2017....6-2 - finished 9-4
    2016....3-5 - finished 6-7
    2015....6-2 - finished 9-4
    2014....8-0 - Our magical Dak year, finished 10-3
    2013....4-4 - finished 7-6
    2012....7-1 - finished 8-5

Other than 2014, we are pretty much on pace to finish in the range we typically do, Im not saying its a good thing or acceptable... its just who we are
    I thought we would have been better in 2014 than 8-4 in the regular season.

Thinking back , we would have been HORRIBLE without dak.

Like Losing to Southern Miss in hattiesburg horrible.

I was at that game, Dak won us that game, Dak won us all those games himself. That defense was awful that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree. We could finish strong and feel better about the year even if other things don't maybe.

At least quit with the poster insults. OK for everyone to have an opinion and disagree.

Here is the challenge. Win or lose, both sides say I told you so. Win or lose, we always want to critique the performance and everything about the game as what fans and boards do. With that comes the over the top feelings - we suck or we are best MSU ever.

For me, if we can get some consistency, and start to show real progress (getting better and competing every week). I'm OK. We don't have to win them all. We feel stuck in average at best and not making any moves to me which is striking too many the wrong way week to week.

Its not that we lose games , its how we lose

We look like we arent even in the same league as some of these teams

Now granted, all 3 of our losses were on the road to teams currently ranked in the top 25 this week.

But crap, the only game I can say we didnt embarrass ourselves in was the LSU game for the first 3 quarters

If We had won the LSU or Kentucky game a lot of the complaining would be cut in half, or had won 1 of the last 2 egg bowls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    And you've been doing it since he was hired.

vCash
    Really the only disappointing game to me this year has been Kentucky. LSU is always difficult in Baton Rouge. Alabama is Alabama and I was actually pleased that we did some things better this year especially without Johnson and Sharp in the lineup. Of course, we've lost to Kentucky every year since 2014 in Lexington.