Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boneyard

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah it is on odd group for sure but it's not just our writers, it's pretty much a description of every schools recruiting writers. Seems to be the nature of the beast. I couldn't do it for sure.
    I did it for a little bit and couldn't handle it. Between the 17-18 year old kids who want you to treat them like gods and the owners of these sites who just make stuff up to drive traffic, it's horrible. And depending on the program, some coaches will get you to outright lie to a kid just to keep him from committing to a school to try to get them to either walk on or be a last minute take. I had to back away.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Look around some, you'll find a lot of this all over the country. Doesn't take make searching other. And yeah there are good and bad everywhere, but ours is not an isolated case by any stretch. I've got several good friends that are coaches at major D1 programs and they're not really fond of the "creepy" recruiting reporters.
    And when you add in the Barstool guys too, there's a ton of just crazy stuff out there that is mind boggling to me. It's like the more outlandish and insane you sound, the more traction you get. Every school needs their own Stephen A, Finebaum of Skip now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I did it for a little bit and couldn't handle it. Between the 17-18 year old kids who want you to treat them like gods and the owners of these sites who just make stuff up to drive traffic, it's horrible. And depending on the program, some coaches will get you to outright lie to a kid just to keep him from committing to a school to try to get them to either walk on or be a last minute take. I had to back away.
    Smart move. College football and basketball is a dirty business and cutthroat at every level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    And when you add in the Barstool guys too, there's a ton of just crazy stuff out there that is mind boggling to me. It's like the more outlandish and insane you sound, the more traction you get. Every school needs their own Stephen A, Finebaum of Skip now.
    More over the top the better with these guys.