Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Big Board

vCash

AD Big Board

So, now that it's official what does our big board look like for a replacement?

vCash
    Hoping for Currie because he's a Leach fan who will support our coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    This.

Currie would be a home run hire.

vCash
    Agree

vCash
    John Currie
    Mike Alford
    Kirby Hocutt
    John David Wickers
    Jared Benko
    Scott Weatherbee

I will add that I will be blown away beyond belief if it is an in house candidate. I fully expect we go outside the MSU footprint for this hire. Will be one of the most important decisions of the Keenum presidency.

Also, do not be surprised if it starts to leak that Rhett Hobart will have some sort of input on this hire. He is highly thought of from Keenum down and they know they have a future top tier AD in the department. He is a bit too green now, but within 3-5 years he will be ready to lead a program.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 10-31-2022 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    https://utahstateaggies.com/staff-di...n-hartwell/167

In his time at Utah State, Hartwell has rebranded the fundraising arm of the athletics department with the creation of Aggies Unlimited, which puts all giving under one umbrella.

Utah State also entered into a partnership with the Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment Group to be its flagship radio station for Aggie Athletics, which gives USU additional advertising opportunities throughout Cache Valley and the Wasatch Front, in addition to more control over each broadcast.

Hartwell’s strong business background has also proved to be valuable at Utah State as he negotiated a new footwear and apparel deal with Nike in 2020. And most recently, Utah State partnered with Opendorse to help enhance name, image and likeness (NIL) opportunities for its student-athletes.

During his Utah State tenure, Hartwell has overseen the completion of the $36 million, 85,000-square foot West Stadium Center on the west side of Maverik Stadium, which includes 24 luxury suites, 20 loge boxes, over 700 covered club seats and a premium club area that is also used to host a student-athlete training table. Renovations also included new video boards on both the north and south ends of the stadium, along with a new public address system, while major concourse work significantly increased restrooms and upgraded concessions.

Utah State is also securing funding for a new 110,000-square-foot, $30 million indoor practice facility, which will also house USU’s new golf training facility, along with locker rooms and office space for its soccer program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    John Currie
    Mike Alford
    Kirby Hocutt
    John David Wickers
    Jared Benko
    Scott Weatherbee

I will add that I will be blown away beyond belief if it is an in house candidate. I fully expect we go outside the MSU footprint for this hire. Will be one of the most important decisions of the Keenum presidency.

Also, do not be surprised if it starts to leak that Rhett Hobart will have some sort of input on this hire. He is highly thought of from Keenum down and they know they have a future top tier AD in the department. He is a bit too green now, but within 3-5 years he will be ready to lead a program.
    Currie may be on the wish list and not sure how much he's currently making but I'm highly skeptical he'd leave Wake.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The last guy was making 1.1 mil so I imagine at least that much. However he is a wake grad and if they are anything like our grads, he'll be looking to jump**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    The last guy was making 1.1 mil so I imagine at least that much. However he is a wake grad and if they are anything like our grads, he'll be looking to jump**
    The other thing working in our favor with Currie is Rhett and the working relationship they already have.

vCash
    The other thing working in our favor with Currie is Rhett and the working relationship they already have.
    Fill me in on that. I am not up to speed on where Rhett worked previously.
    Currie is my hope as well though. Not opposed to Benko also.

vCash
    Rhett went and worked at Wake Forest with Currie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Fill me in on that. I am not up to speed on where Rhett worked previously.
    Currie is my hope as well though. Not opposed to Benko also.
    You can check out his bio on Hail State - staffing.

vCash
    Another plus for Currie: after Leach retires as our all time winningest coach, he has the connection to Clawson if that's the direction we want to go

vCash
    I wouldn?t mind seeing us go after Mack Rhoades from Baylor either if we?re being honest

vCash
    I like Hartwell as he has gotten after it at Utah State raising money and making upgrades. What have the others done/ why do yall like them? -

vCash
    Another plus for Currie: after Leach retires as our all time winningest coach, he has the connection to Clawson if that's the direction we want to go
    Clawsons team just had 8 turnovers and gave up 35 second half points to a 4-3 Louisville team.

vCash
    Leach will head off to Key West long before he becomes our all time winningest coach.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Yep. Could be a seamless transition. Rhett was our SA president his senior year when I was I undergrad. His one mistake.....tents for tickets. :Shutters:
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    And if Leach leaves for whatever reason, Hartwell will have had experience with Blake Anderson, whom I hop will be a candidate for the State job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Currie may be on the wish list and not sure how much he's currently making but I'm highly skeptical he'd leave Wake.......
    Cohen and Striklin left.

I would say that Wake to the SEC is a much bigger jump than State to a bigger sec school. Just saying.