Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is Cohen going or not?

vCash

So is Cohen going or not?

I for one hope he goes. Anybody heard anything?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure they are just still working out contract details.

He is gone.

vCash
    Whether he signs with Auburn or not, he is done at State. Even if the deal fell through, there would be no coming back from being so obviously willing/ready to go.

vCash
    Cohen, comes home with tail between his legs to MSU (wife) after a wild night out that all the neighbors (SEC) know about. MSU, wife, says get your tale back in here. Guess you'll stay at home where you belong from now on!***** I better be wrong! Don't let door hit you on the way out, (JMO)!

vCash
    It has been posted tonight on Auburn and MSU boards that there is a delay, because some boosters have been pushing for their guy as the AD, and instead the president is trying to hire Cohen.
    Assuming this is the typical Auburn drama, but even if Cohen is hired he better be ready that some big boosters wanted someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    It has been posted tonight on Auburn and MSU boards that there is a delay, because some boosters have been pushing for their guy as the AD, and instead the president is trying to hire Cohen.
    Assuming this is the typical Auburn drama, but even if Cohen is hired he better be ready that some big boosters wanted someone else.
    I doubt Jimmy Rane would even allow the president to even interview Cohen without approving it.

John Cohen is on the plains

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I doubt Jimmy Rane would even allow the president to even interview Cohen without approving it.

John Cohen is on the plains
    Isn't there a board or group of boosters, even though Jimmy is the main man?

vCash
    So I hope Keemun is aggressively moving forward with interviews. Any idea on which BDC members might be pulling the strings on this?

vCash
    Circle of trust here***

vCash
    Isn't there a board or group of boosters, even though Jimmy is the main man?
    It also doesn?t matter who the AD is going to be, they just want a guy that will do what they say to do.

Auburn is the type that would hire Hugh Freeze and I still think that?s who it is.

vCash
    It also doesn?t matter who the AD is going to be, they just want a guy that will do what they say to do.

Auburn is the type that would hire Hugh Freeze and I still think that?s who it is.
    I think there is pushback today, because the President did not do it the Auburn way of running it by key boosters first. Not all of them see Cohen as a homerun hire, and with no homerun hire they would prefer the interim guy. Probably for the reasons you mention, so they can have a guy answer to them.
    Cohen, Mr. Smartest Man in the Room, should have known this situation is there as we all do. So he really wanted the hell out of here.

vCash
    I think there is pushback today, because the President did not do it the Auburn way of running it by key boosters first. Not all of them see Cohen as a homerun hire, and with no homerun hire they would prefer the interim guy. Probably for the reasons you mention, so they can have a guy answer to them.
    Cohen, Mr. Smartest Man in the Room, should have known this situation is there as we all do. So he really wanted the hell out of here.
    Yeah, we need to find out for sure what happened here. He just got an extension and raise, correct?

vCash
    This whole situation is just off because so many people are saying so many different things it?s hard to know what to believe.

I just hope if it falls through, we dont become the wife that lets her cheating husband back in the house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Yeah, we need to find out for sure what happened here. He just got an extension and raise, correct?
    Correct , earlier this year he got a extension and raise. So many different things have been said , this whole situation is just really weird

vCash
    I know that he pissed off some high status people but how does that get you the auburn AD job. It?s just awkward

vCash
    I know that he pissed off some high status people but how does that get you the auburn AD job. It?s just awkward
    If that happened then he should have known when he talked and interviewed at Auburn his job here was gone?

vCash
    What makes this situation really weird is, Cohen at Auburn. What are they thinking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    What makes this situation really weird is, Cohen at Auburn. What are they thinking?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Catfish again.

vCash
    The deal is dead in the water. Cohen is now staying. This is a disaster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    The deal is dead in the water. Cohen is now staying. This is a disaster
    If he is staying, it better be off campus.