Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- We Can't Even Beat Off Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The population of these 2 particular message boards is only slightly more conservative than the national average if that. But even if you want to contest that, the vitriolic political attacks per capita are strongly concentrated on the right.

Maybe we just have above average liberals and below average conservatives here?
    Just being primarily men from Mississippi would make it much more conservative than the national average. Being more college educated than average would swing it back some, but not that much.

This board has more political commentary from the right because that's the composition of its members. Just like conservatives on campus keep their mouth shut even though they are a significant minority. Very few people enjoy arguing over politics, so people with a minority position in a setting are going to be much less vocal typically.

vCash
    I hope next week's Sunday Morning QB is this good!*****

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    That's the narrative, but nothing about this board or SPS backs it up. Dozens of people across the boards have complained about the Cohens' politics, called Nelle a bitch and worse, called John a Communist and a pedophile, said that he should be fired for that reason alone, said that liberals should not be allowed to even have that job, etc., all over something that was supposedly put on Facebook but no one can even remember or produce exactly what was said.

Similarly, our wbb coach tweets out that she's proud to live in a country that's willing to elect a black woman to be VP (yes that's technically political, but it's pretty innocuous for a political Tweet) and dozens of people across the boards are enraged, some wanting her fired and/or promising never to support the team again.

On the other hand, Mullen and Leach are clearly more publicly political than Cohen or NMP ever have been, but I don't recall anyone on these boards ever attacking them for that, if someone ever did it was an isolated incident and much smaller magnitude. Case in point, I love both of them and don't care in the slightest that they don't vote like I do.

Maybe the narrative is wrong. At the very least it's flipped when it comes to the online Mississippi State fanbase.
    Well the MSU fanbase is probably about 80 % conservative, so obviously it's going to be more that way. In the real world where people are actually getting fired for their controversial comments, it's almost all people saying things that offend democrats that are getting fired. Sure, the other side complains. The other side usually doesn't have the ability for those complaints to get someone fired though. It's just them being mad.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    ^^

I think I can rest my case. You just don't see liberals on these boards making personal attacks on Mullen or Leach's family like that. I think it's a total difference in mindset.
    There aren't many liberals on MSU boards, but the ones that are on them have attacked Leach for his political beliefs. Many wanted him fired for his noose tweet, which was completely innocent (although he should have known in today's climate people can't take a joke).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    There aren't many liberals on MSU boards, but the ones that are on them have attacked Leach for his political beliefs. Many wanted him fired for his noose tweet, which was completely innocent (although he should have known in today's climate people can't take a joke).
    Huh? On this board? You sure about that?

vCash
    Lol, I mean I know I've done neither...I've never given a shit about Mike's politics; and I'm 100% sure Quaosarsking hasn't either, as he's been a Leach fanboy for years and years.

Who are you referring to?

vCash
    There are a lot of liberals and left-leaners here and SPS, way more than 20%, and not single one of them called for Leach's firing or even really thought he'd done anything seriously wrong for the noose Tweet. It's revisionist history to suggest otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, I mean I know I've done neither...I've never given a shit about Mike's politics; and I'm 100% sure Quaosarsking hasn't either, as he's been a Leach fanboy for years and years.

Who are you referring to?
    There were a few people critical. No clue if they were liberal or not. I don't think anybody called for him to be fired, but there are moronic statements everyday on a message board, so I think I tend to not pay attention to them enough to remember them.

vCash
    There are a lot of liberals and left-leaners here and SPS, way more than 20%, and not single one of them called for Leach's firing or even really thought he'd done anything seriously wrong for the noose Tweet. It's revisionist history to suggest otherwise.
    Depends on what you mean by left-leaners. There are certainly left of center people and I would think we have significantly more than 20% of the board that consider themselves democrats,, but I suspect our population of democrats are significantly more centrist than the democratic party as a whole. I suspect you'd have relatively few people that think surgery on minors for transgender reasons is good policy. Relatively few that think drag shows for children are good ideas. Relatively few that think discrimination against asians is an appropriate or moral response to discrimination against black people. Relatively few that think abortion should be allowed up until the head is beginning to crown. Relatively few that think just supporting a live and let live approach to matters of sexuality between adults rather than full throated support should make somebody unfit for polite society, relatively few that believe the way to improve minority neighborhoods is to police them less. Basically any of the hot button cultural issues, and particularly the ones that cancellation tends to come up on, I suspect people on this forum that consider themselves democrats, as a whole, will look significantly more "conservative" than the democratic party as a whole.

ETA: All that to say, we have plenty of democrats, but I would guess very few people that are leftists or "progressives".
    Last edited by Johnson85; 11-02-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Huh? On this board? You sure about that?
    I know for a fact that they have on Genespage. Here and 6pack I don't visit quite as often and I can't say for sure. It was a huge ordeal that had people on that site hot and bothered.

vCash
    I know for a fact that they have on Genespage. Here and 6pack I don't visit quite as often and I can't say for sure. It was a huge ordeal that had people on that site hot and bothered.
    Isn't GP generally a looney bin, tho?**

vCash
    I do find it interesting that JC took down his pinned pic of his family on Twitter. It was there forever. To be fair, he could have taken it down prior to taking the auburn job, but he had one there for a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I do find it interesting that JC took down his pinned pic of his family on Twitter. It was there forever. To be fair, he could have taken it down prior to taking the auburn job, but he had one there for a few years.
    He probably had not personally been on Twitter for a few years but decided to check it out since he was swapping jobs.