Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- We Can't Even Beat Off Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm not sure anyone on this board held any of that against him. Maybe that did. IDK
    I certainly don't hold that stuff against anyone. I was just interested in the topic because I had never heard any of it before.
    I know there's people that dislike Leach because of his politics. I'm not a big Leach fan but it certainly ain't because of his political beliefs.
    I don't either until you mutilate children against the will of their parents or advocate children with not fully developed brains to mutilate themselves. That's pure evil to me, and I don't want you or anyone that would put up with you around something I take pride in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you loading up the kids to go to NOLA, you pretty much know what you getting. I would think going to the cotton district in most people's mind is something completely different. I don't care if the cotton district has drag shows, but they are 2 totally different places.
    Exactly. Having that stuff in a supposedly 'family friendly' venue is unacceptable. Mardi Gras....you bought the ticket.

vCash
    So in this thread alone, I've learned that John Cohen is a Communist, a pedophile, and he mutilates children against their parents' will. What other skeletons is he hiding? Did he fire the shot on the grassy knoll? Did he help hijack the planes on 9/11? Did he set the fire at Summerhall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    So in this thread alone, I've learned that John Cohen is a Communist, a pedophile, and he mutilates children against their parents' will. What other skeletons is he hiding? Did he fire the shot on the grassy knoll? Did he help hijack the planes on 9/11? Did he set the fire at Summerhall?
    He's actually DB Cooper

vCash
    He had a few guest appearances on The X Files too. Dude is scary.

vCash
    To be fair, I think the pedophile was in reference to his wife, not him?

I mean, I do think AD is one of those positions that is public enough and paid enough that it's not unreasonable to expect the spouse to be a team player and not be throwing grenades in public. But I've also never seen any of her statements reported on, and they've never showed up in any social media that I've see. Hell, I don't even know what she looks like. So that makes me think maybe she isn't out there doing bat shit crazy stuff in public? Other than here or sixpack, I'm not sure where people are seeing or hearing about these positions she is taking.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    As someone who has and never will vote democrat in my life, I want the Starkville nightlife to be much closer to New Orleans than any small-time republican town in the country. We need our bar scene to be legit, and quite frankly it sucks. Now drag shows during the middle of the day I can do without, but I am all for doing whatever it takes to grow our nightlife in the town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    As someone who has and never will vote democrat in my life, I want the Starkville nightlife to be much closer to New Orleans than any small-time republican town in the country. We need our bar scene to be legit, and quite frankly it sucks. Now drag shows during the middle of the day I can do without, but I am all for doing whatever it takes to grow our nightlife in the town.
    To be clear, it's not I think about the drag show being in the middle of the day as much as it was about it being in public. If the CDAF had gotten a bar with an 18+ requirement to enter to host a drag show during CDAF at 2pm, then I doubt it would have been that big of a deal. I'm sure some people would have complained and boycotted over it, but if you take out the grooming part of it, it just doesn't move the needle much with most people.

vCash
    I have not seen anything Mrs. Cohen has supposedly tweeted or posted on other social media. I just got back on twitter because Elon may do it right. I don’t care what she posted! If she posted anything about liberal politics it’s her right. What bothers me is if CMLs wife posted something the exact opposite of what I’m hearing Mrs. Cohen posted he would probably be run out of town and would never be allowed to coach again because apparently political opinion is worse than calling hookers for recruits. That’s what’s dividing our country. It’s OK to have different views. Again, I don’t care what his or hers politics are. Just win baby!

I’m also shocked this thread has not been shut down yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    I have not seen anything Mrs. Cohen has supposedly tweeted or posted on other social media. I just got back on twitter because Elon may do it right. I don’t care what she posted! If she posted anything about liberal politics it’s her right. What bothers me is if CMLs wife posted something the exact opposite of what I’m hearing Mrs. Cohen posted he would probably be run out of town and would never be allowed to coach again because apparently political opinion is worse than calling hookers for recruits. That’s what’s dividing our country. It’s OK to have different views. Again, I don’t care what his or hers politics are. Just win baby!

I’m also shocked this thread has not been shut down yet.
    Good post and you're spot on, especially about CML's wife posting something conservative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    I have not seen anything Mrs. Cohen has supposedly tweeted or posted on other social media. I just got back on twitter because Elon may do it right. I don’t care what she posted! If she posted anything about liberal politics it’s her right. What bothers me is if CMLs wife posted something the exact opposite of what I’m hearing Mrs. Cohen posted he would probably be run out of town and would never be allowed to coach again because apparently political opinion is worse than calling hookers for recruits. That’s what’s dividing our country. It’s OK to have different views. Again, I don’t care what his or hers politics are. Just win baby!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Good post and you're spot on, especially about CML's wife posting something conservative.
    Are you fuсking kidding? He's not even close to being right. Few if anyone would care if Mike Leach's wife or even Mike Leach himself posted something conservative onto Twitter.

Case in point, this Tweet from Dan Mullen's own official account while he was our head coach:

I like many of our fans disagreed with this Tweet and didn't think it was exactly appropriate for a head football coach to be making partisan Tweets in any direction, but nobody tried to "run him out of town" or whatever for posting that. Mrs. Mullen never received the vitriol or hatred from the left side of our fanbase like Mrs. Cohen does from the right side of it (even though no one can seem to even find what she supposedly said, it's all just rumors and innuendos), because the indignant anger over the idea of someone having a different political viewpoint is concentrated a lot more on the Mullenѕ' side of the aisle than it is on side that the Cohens are reportedly on.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 11-01-2022 at 11:27 PM.

12. Moderator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Cancel culture is almost 100 % democrat driven. I personally agree with a lot of ideas from that side of the aisle (and disagree with some as well), but your last sentence is nowhere near reality. Everyone in this country is walking around on eggshells trying not to offend anyone because of that side of the aisle, not "Mullen's side".
    That's the narrative, but nothing about this board or SPS backs it up. Dozens of people across the boards have complained about the Cohens' politics, called Nelle a bitch and worse, called John a Communist and a pedophile, said that he should be fired for that reason alone, said that liberals should not be allowed to even have that job, etc., all over something that was supposedly put on Facebook but no one can even remember or produce exactly what was said.

Similarly, our wbb coach tweets out that she's proud to live in a country that's willing to elect a black woman to be VP (yes that's technically political, but it's pretty innocuous for a political Tweet) and dozens of people across the boards are enraged, some wanting her fired and/or promising never to support the team again.

On the other hand, Mullen and Leach are clearly more publicly political than Cohen or NMP ever have been, but I don't recall anyone on these boards ever attacking them for that, if someone ever did it was an isolated incident and much smaller magnitude. Case in point, I love both of them and don't care in the slightest that they don't vote like I do.

Maybe the narrative is wrong. At the very least it's flipped when it comes to the online Mississippi State fanbase.

vCash
    I saw Nelle Cohens tweet a couple years ago was it real I dont know. If it was real then the only thing I took from it was that they failed as parents by raising a transgender child.

vCash
    ^^

I think I can rest my case. You just don't see liberals on these boards making personal attacks on Mullen or Leach's family like that. I think it's a total difference in mindset.

vCash
    Are you fuсking kidding? He's not even close to being right. Few if anyone would care if Mike Leach's wife or even Mike Leach himself posted something conservative onto Twitter.

I like many of our fans disagreed with this Tweet and didn't think it was exactly appropriate for a head football coach to be making partisan Tweets in any direction, but nobody tried to "run him out of town" or whatever for posting that. Mrs. Mullen never received the vitriol or hatred from the left side of our fanbase like Mrs. Cohen does from the right side of it (even though no one can seem to even find what she supposedly said, it's all just rumors and innuendos), because the indignant anger over the idea of someone having a different political viewpoint is concentrated a lot more on the Mullenѕ' side of the aisle than it is on side that the Cohens are reportedly on.
    This is apples and oranges. Nobody cares that Cohen or his wife is a democrat. Nobody cared that Megan was a republican. If Leach's wife posted something along the lines of "only women can have babies" or "transgenderism is a mental health issue that needs to be addressed and we shouldn't mutilate people because they have meantl health issues" there absolutely would be people going ape shit to have Leach fired. At Mississippi state, he'd be completely safe (I think). But as much vitriol as you may see on a message board (which is not real life), I'm not aware of anybody trying to get Cohen fired over his wife and if she was openly and strongly in favor of abortion, nobody would be trying to fire cohen. If you move to a strongly leftist state, the pro transgenderism or abortion tweets wouldn't have any negative impact, but the same likely could not be said for tweets questioning surgery as a treatment for transgenderism.

vCash
    ^^

I think I can rest my case. You just don't see liberals on these boards making personal attacks on Mullen or Leach's family like that. I think it's a total difference in mindset.
    You are comparing a message board in one of the most socially conservative areas of the country to real life in general. Random posts on sports message boards don't get people fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Nobody cares that Cohen or his wife is a democrat.
    Apparently people do, judging by the posts on this board and SPS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You are comparing a message board in one of the most socially conservative areas of the country to real life in general. Random posts on sports message boards don't get people fired.
    The population of these 2 particular message boards is only slightly more conservative than the national average if that. But even if you want to contest that, the vitriolic political attacks per capita are strongly concentrated on the right.

Maybe we just have above average liberals and below average conservatives here?

vCash
    As long as the coach or AD is not doing anything against the law, I really could careless about their political views or anything that happens in their personal life or family. Just find a way to win football games as the coach and as the AD find a way to hire a winner on the field, court, etc.