Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- We Can't Even Beat Off Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well drag shows can happen somewhere else, not during the arts festival.
    Don't ever go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras (or anytime, really)...would hate for your life to be ruined...best stay home and watch Veggie Tales re-runs...**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Don't ever go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras (or anytime, really)...would hate for your life to be ruined...best stay home and watch Veggie Tales re-runs...**
    I recommend "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". Seems appropriate for MSU fans.

vCash
    So many people are dressed up during Mardi Gras it's almost impossible to tell who is and who isn't in drag or not. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He's probably still going to Auburn but if for some reason he doesn't, there's no way he can come back right? I mean that's like me telling the world "Hey I'm leaving my wife for this other woman." and then the other woman turns me down and I come back to my wife like "uhhh so hey honey."

But I'm not freaking out over this like some are. I didn't hate Cohen but I'm not going to act like he was this dynamite AD that can't be replaced. The idea of a fresh face with fresh ideas for our athletic department is exciting for me. For the first time in years, we'll (hopefully) have an AD without MSU connections.
    I don't think we would let Cohen come back- maybe let him stay until Christmas or something. But long term- no.

vCash
    Oxford?s mayor is as Republican as it gets?

vCash
    If you loading up the kids to go to NOLA, you pretty much know what you getting. I would think going to the cotton district in most people's mind is something completely different. I don't care if the cotton district has drag shows, but they are 2 totally different places.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Why someone would care about the political beliefs of their Athletic Director's wife is beyond me.

I can't remember anyone ever discussing Stricklin, Byrne, LT's wives like this, from any side of the aisle.
    She made herself and politics known in 2020. She took a shot at MSU fans back in 2020 with a Facebook post. Something about being ashamed of some msu fans or people blah blah blah blah blah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you loading up the kids to go to NOLA, you pretty much know what you getting. I would think going to the cotton district in most people's mind is something completely different. I don't care if the cotton district has drag shows, but they are 2 totally different places.
    Good post.

Maybe Starkville doesn't want the Cotton District Arts festival to become Mardi Gras. However I digress. Anyone that would compare the two, isn't being logical.

vCash
    Apparently the welfare of kids is not a priority for those who want to push woke politics on everybody else.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 10-31-2022 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    She made herself and politics known in 2020. She took a shot at MSU fans back in 2020 with a Facebook post. Something about being ashamed of some msu fans or people blah blah blah blah blah.
    Can you embed the post in question? I suspect 2+ years of "telephone game" has greatly exaggerated what she actually said.

And even if it hasn't, should one ill advised post from years ago be enough to dislike and cancel someone today, and even affect their spouse's employment?

vCash
    No. I'm not going back two years in her Facebook. You can. Also she has been very open about who and what she supports

I, myself, haven't let her affect my support of MSU athletics. But I can see how being so open about one's politics would create a reaction from others.

With that said, you know good and well. We live in a different time. When every little thing is politicized. Take for example a man wanting to compete in woman's sport in college. What if that issue came to your school? Or conference for you to compete against? How would you want your AD to address that? (All rhetorical Qs). My point is politics are front and center in all things now a days. Unfortunately.

vCash
    I hope Mrs. Cohen enjoys her/his/they's/weirdo's/pedophile stay in the well known liberal stronghold which is Auburn,Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I hope Mrs. Cohen enjoys her/his/they's/weirdo's/pedophile stay in the well known liberal stronghold which is Auburn,Alabama
    And we've graduated from "commie" to "pedophile"...great job, everyone.

vCash
    I can understand attacking John Cohen.....he is the AD. But, why attack his family? I guess that's what the internet has done to society. I find it to be pretty disgusting.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I can understand attacking John Cohen.....he is the AD. But, why attack his family? I guess that's what the internet has done to society. I find it to be pretty disgusting.
    I agree with this. Now I don't follow her on Twitter, and apparently there was some hell raised about the cotton district canceling the drag Queen show. If she was one of the ones raising hell, she put herself in the line of fire

vCash
    I agree with this. Now I don't follow her on Twitter, and apparently there was some hell raised about the cotton district canceling the drag Queen show. If she was one of the ones raising hell, she put herself in the line of fire
    I agree. If she did that, then she jumped into the fray unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree. If she did that, then she jumped into the fray unfortunately.
    Did she? It seems like we (as a community, not either of you personally) are doing her a huge disservice by making up something she might have done and then attacking her for it.

vCash
    While I was obviously joking about Cohen leaving over the drag show- NIL is almost assuredly one of the reasons. At Auburn they will have the money and people in place to handle it. That's been a headache of his since it exploded. There are SEC schools that have raised more money for baseball NIL than we have total for all sports.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    While I was obviously joking about Cohen leaving over the drag show- NIL is almost assuredly one of the reasons. At Auburn they will have the money and people in place to handle it. That's been a headache of his since it exploded. There are SEC schools that have raised more money for baseball NIL than we have total for all sports.
    That last sentence is concerning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What I have seen from someone who would know, Cohen is not a people person or glad handler and hated to raise money or meet with donors. He basically neglected/refused NIL. That caused some grumbling in the admin.

Auburn is awash with NIl and booster money, it’s on autopilot as far as fund raising. Cohen can just focus on traditional AD duties there and that’s one of the reasons he wanted out.

This is good for MSU if they can bring someone in who is an aggressive NIL guy/fundraiser.