Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GameDay aftermath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    lawdie mercy. we done went from crime in jackson to abortion and now to the Israelites. dang skippy. what ya'll think the jackson mayor and police gone do bout all the severe car jackings and robbing and killing that goes on down there? Can Deion help em out? He obviously way smarter than they are.
    How in the world has this thread not been locked? I thought we were a MSU/Sports site. This reads like something on Sixpack.

vCash
    Israel was mentioned as they are a historical figure of what not to do! We are supposed to learn from history, but apparently not given some of the posts!

Sorry this has wandered from spots related info.

vCash
    I just got off the boat from my cruise to this mess....
    Lovely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Tons of ways of prevention, but the cycle of bad choices continues from generation to generation. So yes, abortion fits into the equation. Along with education, family dynamics, family structure, and raising children for success. Abortion to me, as a successful white male that will pay more in taxes this year compared to my mother for her entire life combined, is a moral issue. I have the means to do anything I want, yet I still see the pitfalls in our society that bears on the less fortunate and understand things are not as easy as...... "There are plenty of ways of prevention".
    How is paying more taxes because you make more money a moral issue? And morals are not determined by socioeconomic status. Either you are a good person and try your best to live the right way or you don?t. If people don?t live by their morals and exhibit good character, then people may find themselves caught up in the criminal element of society. It?s all about their decisions. Just like a decision to take precautions to prevent a pregnancy so you won?t have to abort. And yes, prevention should be easy because some methods are free or very cheap. Decisions decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    People disagreeing on abortion? Weird.

When does life start? Intercourse? Conception? Heartbeat? Birth? First breath? If you ask a million people you'll get a million different answers. Nobody can agree on this. And if nobody agrees when the right to life even begins, it probably shouldn't be something the gubbermant gets overly involved with, making laws and enforcement policies, etc... Big brother and all... it'll change constantly every time the other political party takes office. New laws, new health impacts, new population impacts, legal consequences, judicial/penal system impacts, etc... It's a never ending cycle over an argument that the government needs to stay away from until we either become super enlightened as an entire society and an obvious answer slaps us in the face and/or we have new science and technology developments that impact the argument (e.g., all of a sudden there are no more accidental pregnancies).

I am a personally pro-life. I don't think I could sanction it or agree with it if it were a personal issue... but I also don't think everyone should be pro life just because I am. So, from a policy perspective I've always leaned a little more pro-choice because I'm generally supportive of "pro-less government-involvement" in most social dilemmas...

What happened to states rights? Is that still a thing? The citizens of Mississippi and the citizens of California may have very different, deeply entrenched cultural beliefs on this issue. Why can't Mississippi have different laws than California? Why is this a federal government issue now? If it's a national issue, why isn't a global issue?

Please play nice in the sandbox when discussing.
    Well this is exactly what the Supreme Court ruling did. All it did was send the power back to the states to make their own laws in regards to abortion. It?s where it should be now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I just got off the boat from my cruise to this mess....
    Lovely.
    Ha ha. I try to keep it civil. Buts it’s like this: gameday to breaking windows, to bad parents, to no morals, to abortion, to God and Israelites. It all ties together!!! We have crime because of bad parents, no morals, or having God being the compass in our life!! Ha!!!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Well this is exactly what the Supreme Court ruling did. All it did was send the power back to the states to make their own laws in regards to abortion. It?s where it should be now.
    No you have it backwards. The original ruling left it up to individual people to decide what's right. This ruling now stripped that decision and is opening the door for more government involvement.

You sound like a "the United States are" instead of a "the United States is" type of person and if that's the case then your state should just secede and see how long it lasts without Federal welfare distribution. Good luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    No you have it backwards. The original ruling left it up to individual people to decide what's right. This ruling now stripped that decision and is opening the door for more government involvement.

You sound like a "the United States are" instead of a "the United States is" type of person and if that's the case then your state should just secede and see how long it lasts without Federal welfare distribution. Good luck.
    Sorry you are wrong. The original ruling brought the federal government into something it should have never been in the first place. You need to brush up on the constitution and enumerated powers. That’s the problem with the fed gov., they stick their nose into things they are not supposed to and just cause more problems. Why bring up succession? Not one person here has mentioned that. Would suit me if they got rid of welfare. Would put a lot of lazy people to work and make the states more responsible with money when it comes to hand outs. Would keep the federal gov from using programs to buy votes too.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Sorry you are wrong. The original ruling brought the federal government into something it should have never been in the first place. You need to brush up on the constitution and enumerated powers. That’s the problem with the fed gov., they stick their nose into things they are not supposed to and just cause more problems. Why bring up succession? Not one person here has mentioned that. Would suit me if they got rid of welfare. Would put a lot of lazy people to work and make the states more responsible with money when it comes to hand outs. Would keep the federal gov from using programs to buy votes too.
    The state of Mississippi would not survive without federal subsidies and welfare.

And again Roe v. Wade was the fed gov saying people have personal privacy and rights to their bodies (in more than just abortions). This blocked governments (fed, state, county) from intervening in these PERSONAL decisions.

I don't know how you see it as anything but opening the door for MORE government regulation. You have to be willfully misunderstanding it at this point.