Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GameDay aftermath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    But, they are not babies. That is the point. And you are not the one signing off on killing babies anyway. It is that woman's choice on whether to terminate an embryo they do not want to become a baby.

If you believe different... fantastic. You don't have to have an abortion. You, as a 13 year old girl can choose to carry it to term. You as a 35 year old woman that just had a miscarriage can choose to carry the dead fetus to term. You as a 21 year old college student that entire life is going to wrecked by a baby at this moment, can choose to carry a embryo at 10 weeks to term, if you want. Great. For the rest of society, and women in particular, should have the choice when and how they have a baby, under which circumstances, etc.
    Hear Hear!!! I don't understand why society si so worried about babies and toddlers. If the mother gets tired of taking care of them, better to just off them. WHy is it anybody else's business. Same with homelss people. If you don't know them, why do you care if people occasional use them for the most dangerous game type activities. Just live and let live. Except for the babies and homeless people of course, they don't get a vote.

If men had this burden, we would not even be discussing it.
    This is just demonstrably stupid. Men are on the hook for 18 years. If it was about men's burdens, they would have the unilateral right during pregnancy to disclaim responsibility for future child support because they dont' want to keep the baby.

I mean, I can understand people having a different opinion on when a human is entitled to rights (which is why it is the role of government to draw the line when a person is entitled to protection of law), but so many talking points are just detached from reality.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 11-02-2022 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Hear Hear!!! I don't understand why society si so worried about babies and toddlers. If the mother gets tired of taking care of them, better to just off them. WHy is it anybody else's business. Same with homelss people. If you don't know them, why do you care if people occasional use them for the most dangerous game type activities. Just live and let live. Except for the babies and homeless people of course, they don't get a vote.

I can't add rep to you again, but I would for this, if I could. Also - I reported one of my own post's in this thread in an attempt to get a mod to lock it and move it already. Abortion discussions are 100% political and bring out the worst in people. It has NO PLACE on this board.

vCash
    But, they are not babies. That is the point. And you are not the one signing off on killing babies anyway. It is that woman's choice on whether to terminate an embryo they do not want to become a baby.

If you believe different... fantastic. You don't have to have an abortion. You, as a 13 year old girl can choose to carry it to term. You as a 35 year old woman that just had a miscarriage can choose to carry the dead fetus to term. You as a 21 year old college student that entire life is going to wrecked by a baby at this moment, can choose to carry a embryo at 10 weeks to term, if you want. Great. For the rest of society, and women in particular, should have the choice when and how they have a baby, under which circumstances, etc.

If men had this burden, we would not even be discussing it.

Well, if a woman could get pregnant on her own with out the need of a male, it would be more plausible for the choice to be the woman choice only! In reality, it takes two to create a baby and where is the father's voice in all of this? Doesn't he get a voice in this? The baby is not some lump of flesh that is part of the woman but a separate life with its own heart, brain and blood type (blood type of the baby can be different from the mothers). The mother is the host until the baby can survive outside the womb! A baby is its own being, they don't ask to be conceived, but yet they are the most vulnerable and the ones who suffer in this birth control battle! Why punish the innocent?

If you want a choice on having a baby and under what circumstances, then take the necessary precautions to not have a baby in the first place. There are plenty of birth control methods available today including abstinence!

vCash
    People disagreeing on abortion? Weird.

When does life start? Intercourse? Conception? Heartbeat? Birth? First breath? If you ask a million people you'll get a million different answers. Nobody can agree on this. And if nobody agrees when the right to life even begins, it probably shouldn't be something the gubbermant gets overly involved with, making laws and enforcement policies, etc... Big brother and all... it'll change constantly every time the other political party takes office. New laws, new health impacts, new population impacts, legal consequences, judicial/penal system impacts, etc... It's a never ending cycle over an argument that the government needs to stay away from until we either become super enlightened as an entire society and an obvious answer slaps us in the face and/or we have new science and technology developments that impact the argument (e.g., all of a sudden there are no more accidental pregnancies).

I am a personally pro-life. I don't think I could sanction it or agree with it if it were a personal issue... but I also don't think everyone should be pro life just because I am. So, from a policy perspective I've always leaned a little more pro-choice because I'm generally supportive of "pro-less government-involvement" in most social dilemmas...

What happened to states rights? Is that still a thing? The citizens of Mississippi and the citizens of California may have very different, deeply entrenched cultural beliefs on this issue. Why can't Mississippi have different laws than California? Why is this a federal government issue now? If it's a national issue, why isn't a global issue?

Please play nice in the sandbox when discussing.

vCash
    Well, part of the problem is you've got people bringing discourse like this to the table:

Out of curiosity, what would you tell that poster about how to make his discourse less shitty?
    Here's the thing, he's a Nate Silver liberal. What does that mean? It means that he thinks he's a liberal because he's smart, and you (or anyone) are a conservative because you're stupid. Life experiences? World views? Personal thoughts or beliefs? Meaningless! It's all about intelligence to them (it's really about egos).

Point of proof is that the new favorite demographics to point out are "college education and above" and "High school education or less". The quiet part is that they think that is "smart" vs. "stupid".

It used to be white collar vs blue collar, but they realized that didn't carry enough of the negative connotation they were looking for. But, I have news for those smart people. I have a degree in mechanical engineering. I breezed through it with a 3.6 without studying much or really applying myself. My Dad dropped out of State after 3 semesters to go serve in Vietnam. I made a 31 on my ACT, my Dad made a 19. But guess what? That sucker can run circles around me when it comes to working on engines or building/fixing pretty much anything. He ran a farm for 30 years. He can do anything. He may not have a degree, or even an above average IQ. But that man is smart. Smarter than a TON of people I've met running around with degrees.

But I digress. It's never about ideas, discourse, discussion, or being open minded. They want YOU to be open minded, because you're stupid (in their mind). They say they don't like generalizations, stereotypes, and close-mindedness, because saying that makes them sound smart! Unfortunately, they don't care that they're always doing that to people/groups who don't agree with them.

That's not all liberals. That's why I say Nate Silver liberals. If you ever read his stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about. The funny thing is he believes he's being sneaky about it. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Here's the thing, he's a Nate Silver liberal.
    The 538 guy?

Banned
    vCash
    Well, part of the problem is you've got people bringing discourse like this to the table:

Out of curiosity, what would you tell that poster about how to make his discourse less shitty?
    Nothing wrong with calling a dumbass a dumbass.

People don't learn when you engage with stupidity and "both-sides" a debate that someone is horribly wrong about. Everyone has a platform to say and have idiots follow whatever they want these days. They just need to be told they are dumb and an idiot.

What would you say about Charles Barkley's discourse on Kyrie Irving? Most of America agrees with him and he called Kyrie and idiot for what he said. Most of America respects that's the right way to go about it. Guess what pockets of America don't agree? The echo chamber wall-built-up safe space idiots who can't have a good faith debate because they're incredibly wrong and therefore block out anyone who thinks differently than them. If you're an idiot and you never hear that you're being an idiot, why would you ever stop?

People need to be told they're being stupid more. Would fix a lot of stupidity in this country.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Here's the thing, he's a Nate Silver liberal. What does that mean? It means that he thinks he's a liberal because he's smart, and you (or anyone) are a conservative because you're stupid. Life experiences? World views? Personal thoughts or beliefs? Meaningless! It's all about intelligence to them (it's really about egos).

Point of proof is that the new favorite demographics to point out are "college education and above" and "High school education or less". The quiet part is that they think that is "smart" vs. "stupid".

It used to be white collar vs blue collar, but they realized that didn't carry enough of the negative connotation they were looking for. But, I have news for those smart people. I have a degree in mechanical engineering. I breezed through it with a 3.6 without studying much or really applying myself. My Dad dropped out of State after 3 semesters to go serve in Vietnam. I made a 31 on my ACT, my Dad made a 19. But guess what? That sucker can run circles around me when it comes to working on engines or building/fixing pretty much anything. He ran a farm for 30 years. He can do anything. He may not have a degree, or even an above average IQ. But that man is smart. Smarter than a TON of people I've met running around with degrees.

But I digress. It's never about ideas, discourse, discussion, or being open minded. They want YOU to be open minded, because you're stupid (in their mind). They say they don't like generalizations, stereotypes, and close-mindedness, because saying that makes them sound smart! Unfortunately, they don't care that they're always doing that to people/groups who don't agree with them.

That's not all liberals. That's why I say Nate Silver liberals. If you ever read his stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about. The funny thing is he believes he's being sneaky about it. Lol
    1. Nate Bronze is not a liberal. He's just a data guy.

2. When people vote constantly for things that negatively affect them and their country, they are by definition an idiot. Doesn't have anything to do with how much schooling you got. Most of us all went to State here and got degrees. And quite a lot of those that did, are still being idiots.

You're stupid to believe that Roe v. Wade being overturned was good for citizens in America.
    You're stupid to believe that the Patriot Act was a good thing.
    You're stupid to believe that the War in Iraq wasn't about money and oil rather than a "war on terror".
    You're stupid to believe that a Drag Show is inherently sexual yet a Beauty Pageant is not.
    You're stupid to believe that tax breaks are always a good thing.
    You're stupid to believe that Ronald Reagan wasn't the worst president ever.
    You're stupid to believe that the President directly controls gas prices.
    You're stupid to believe that voting for a party that has no platform and props up snake oil salesmen and walking CTE is going to look out for your best interests.

It's not about being open minded. It's about you actually being stupid and most people who know how to apply a shred of critical thinking saying I will not have discourse with you until you TRY ANY AMOUNT OF EFFORT to not be a walking, talking sucker. All because someone tells you to based on a book you didn't actually read. It's why I refuse to have religious debates with people who can't prove they've read and understood the Bible / Quran / Torah / etc. They're, quite simply, parroting what they've been told instead of critically thinking.

If you're just a parrot, you don't deserve anything more than being called an idiot in debate. Your thoughts aren't even your own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    1. Nate Bronze is not a liberal. He's just a data guy.

2. When people vote constantly for things that negatively affect them and their country, they are by definition an idiot. Doesn't have anything to do with how much schooling you got. Most of us all went to State here and got degrees. And quite a lot of those that did, are still being idiots.

You're stupid to believe that Roe v. Wade being overturned was good for citizens in America.
    You're stupid to believe that the Patriot Act was a good thing.
    You're stupid to believe that the War in Iraq wasn't about money and oil rather than a "war on terror".
    You're stupid to believe that a Drag Show is inherently sexual yet a Beauty Pageant is not.
    You're stupid to believe that tax breaks are always a good thing.
    You're stupid to believe that Ronald Reagan wasn't the worst president ever.
    You're stupid to believe that the President directly controls gas prices.
    You're stupid to believe that voting for a party that has no platform and props up snake oil salesmen and walking CTE is going to look out for your best interests.

It's not about being open minded. It's about you actually being stupid and most people who know how to apply a shred of critical thinking saying I will not have discourse with you until you TRY ANY AMOUNT OF EFFORT to not be a walking, talking sucker. All because someone tells you to based on a book you didn't actually read. It's why I refuse to have religious debates with people who can't prove they've read and understood the Bible / Quran / Torah / etc. They're, quite simply, parroting what they've been told instead of critically thinking.

If you're just a parrot, you don't deserve anything more than being called an idiot in debate. Your thoughts aren't even your own.
    You could have saved a lot of typing and just said "I'm an arrogant butthole with an over-inflated sense of self worth, and I believe that I know everything".

Oh, and by the way, you just made the exact same argument Seth Dillon (owner of the Babylon Bee) made against cancel culture (the left wing hivemind). When something is absurd on it's face, you're not supposed to pretend like it's not. You make fun of it and highlight the idiocy of it. That's what comedy used to be. Now, there are too many liberal sacred cows that you can't make fun of without being canceled. Seth Rogan, Dave Chappelle, Elon Musk, Ricky Gervais, and a handful of other liberals have voiced this thought recently and have all had to live through attempts to be cancelled by their liberal peers because of it. Just more of that open mindedness liberals love.
    Last edited by PMDawg; 11-02-2022 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    It's sad. I started typing out a well thought out response, but there just isn't one with some of you.

You just want to feel like you're right about something rather than learn something. It shows through the tone of your posts. It's sad really. When did discourse become so shitty.

There's nothing anyone can say here to even move your minds an inch. Mental flexibility leads to more growth than stubbornness.
    From this to your tirade above. You sure exemplify an open mind

vCash
    You are making some pretty big assumptions about the people who are aborted. Generally, people are an asset to a country, at least in the US. And Thermo is not the relevant question when you are talking about resources being finite. We are no where near running out of assets in a thermo sense. What is relevant right now are resources that are economic. We would have more energy needs with more people and also more resources would be economic to meet those needs.

All that to say, I'm pretty sure the take you call brain dead would be closer to consensus among economists than your take.
    Tater didn't wanna defend his position when challenge by Johnson here.

vCash
    It has plenty to do with abortion, and any other topic involving family life and impacts education levels in the surrounding areas.
    So, we should kill off as many as we can before they are born just in case they grow up to live in a area with a bad school and most end up criminals? That is some good logic right there.

vCash
    I disagree with this. In my experience, there is no indoctrination going on.

So CRT and telling our kids there is no such thing as male and female is not a leftist indoctrination?

OK then

vCash
    Bingo. Not to get political.

I want babies born to people that are positioned in life that are ready to love and support a child. Forcing unwanted pregnancies is going to plummet this country into a very bad place. Matter of fact, the sooner we come to a consensus on abortion, the sooner we can focus on much more important issues facing our country. Too much political time and energy is wasted on this stupid discussion. Illegal or not, they will continue. Changing the law only makes it way more dangerous and hard to obtain.
    Taking a life is wrong. To your concern, there are plenty of loving families waiting for adoption to take those unwanted little ones.

vCash
    Lol if you think having MORE mouths to feed and MORE competition in the workforce is good for 99% of America then you're an idiot.

The market being undersaturated with workers means workers are more valuable and they have to get compensated enough or they have options.

The market being oversaturated with workers means people are going jobless, working out of fear of joblessness, and people have to commit crime to get their next meal.

This is such a brain dead take, I don't know how you even got there. That's astonishingly bad. There's finite amount of resources on this planet. Go learn Thermo 101 man. This is DUMB
    So if you can't win an argument, go to insults to get away from the topic.

The 60 million more is over 50 years, they are not dropped in at once like the 15-20 million illegals leaching on our system in one year. The 60 million happen in natural organic growth to match normal economic growth so supply and demand can grow and match together. That is how the world went from 2 to 9 billion today.

People don't have to commit crime. You work for a living. For thousands of years people on earth have worked for a living. Novel thing that most don't know much about. 330 million Americans and only 100million work. 40% of Americans don't pay any taxes. 60million more workers today would erase the federal deficit and there would be no labor shortage.

Again I repeat for those slow, if a person has no moral right and wrong to abort little humans what moral law of right and wrong will keep that same person from committing crime, other murders, or violent crime? Those that know right from wrong will not do that, plain and simple. Those folks get a job and work for their food. Anyone can do that today, everyone is hring. So why is there crime?
    We haven't even dented the earth's resources.

I've had thermo, I know the science. Everything I've said is fact and doesn't violate one law of thermo.

I know the science but bigger than that I know the One who invented science and He created you too. Yep the dreaded God that so many try to deny.

Waiting for your reply on your logic.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    So CRT and telling our kids there is no such thing as male and female is not a leftist indoctrination?

OK then
    This isn't as widespread a phenomenon as you've been made to believe....

vCash
    i figure ain't much gonna change on the inner city jackson crime scene. The ones who are busting out the car windows will continue. Thus, the reason the surrounding areas continue to thrive and grow. Any information as to why the espn folks were lodged in a different area than where the game was played?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    From this to your tirade above. You sure exemplify an open mind
    Except he has no moral standard to stand on. His thoughts shift in the wind wherever it blows. Like Israel back in the day of the Judges, where everybody did what was right in their own eyes. There was no moral standard at that time and they paid the price for it.

Now you know what is wrong with this country! His tirade is a classic example!

vCash
    lawdie mercy. we done went from crime in jackson to abortion and now to the Israelites. dang skippy. what ya'll think the jackson mayor and police gone do bout all the severe car jackings and robbing and killing that goes on down there? Can Deion help em out? He obviously way smarter than they are.