Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GameDay aftermath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.
    What a load of shit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Just eliminate private schooling for 18 and under and watch the public school system magically be quality with funds used in appropriate manners and teachers well compensated and actually quality educators.

That's the real problem. People with enough power / money to cause change in public school systems and keep corruption out / improve standards just go to a private institution instead.

Furthers the gap at an earlier age.
    Instead of guaranteeing a lot of government abuse, maybe take the alternative route and fund students instead of organizations?

vCash
    Lol if you think having MORE mouths to feed and MORE competition in the workforce is good for 99% of America then you're an idiot.

The market being undersaturated with workers means workers are more valuable and they have to get compensated enough or they have options.

The market being oversaturated with workers means people are going jobless, working out of fear of joblessness, and people have to commit crime to get their next meal.

This is such a brain dead take, I don't know how you even got there. That's astonishingly bad. There's finite amount of resources on this planet. Go learn Thermo 101 man. This is DUMB
    "Normal Americans don?t think abortion is a way to fix our economy," said Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C. "People who put politics first think like that."

vCash
    Lol if you think having MORE mouths to feed and MORE competition in the workforce is good for 99% of America then you're an idiot.

The market being undersaturated with workers means workers are more valuable and they have to get compensated enough or they have options.

The market being oversaturated with workers means people are going jobless, working out of fear of joblessness, and people have to commit crime to get their next meal.

This is such a brain dead take, I don't know how you even got there. That's astonishingly bad. There's finite amount of resources on this planet. Go learn Thermo 101 man. This is DUMB
    You are making some pretty big assumptions about the people who are aborted. Generally, people are an asset to a country, at least in the US. And Thermo is not the relevant question when you are talking about resources being finite. We are no where near running out of assets in a thermo sense. What is relevant right now are resources that are economic. We would have more energy needs with more people and also more resources would be economic to meet those needs.

All that to say, I'm pretty sure the take you call brain dead would be closer to consensus among economists than your take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You are making some pretty big assumptions about the people who are aborted. Generally, people are an asset to a country, at least in the US. And Thermo is not the relevant question when you are talking about resources being finite. We are no where near running out of assets in a thermo sense. What is relevant right now are resources that are economic. We would have more energy needs with more people and also more resources would be economic to meet those needs.

All that to say, I'm pretty sure the take you call brain dead would be closer to consensus among economists than your take.
    Contributing people is an asset to a country. Bad people are not. Measure through the lens of evolution?..most of these deadweights have been nurtured to be takers only. They would never make it in the wild.

Banned
    vCash
    It's sad. I started typing out a well thought out response, but there just isn't one with some of you.

You just want to feel like you're right about something rather than learn something. It shows through the tone of your posts. It's sad really. When did discourse become so shitty.

There's nothing anyone can say here to even move your minds an inch. Mental flexibility leads to more growth than stubbornness.

vCash
    What going on Tater? Are you now saying that aborting a child is good for that particular child ? You are always so enlightening.

vCash
    It's sad. I started typing out a well thought out response, but there just isn't one with some of you.

You just want to feel like you're right about something rather than learn something. It shows through the tone of your posts. It's sad really. When did discourse become so shitty.

There's nothing anyone can say here to even move your minds an inch. Mental flexibility leads to more growth than stubbornness.
    Well, part of the problem is you've got people bringing discourse like this to the table:

Out of curiosity, what would you tell that poster about how to make his discourse less shitty?

vCash
    Well, part of the problem is you've got people bringing discourse like this to the table:

Out of curiosity, what would you tell that poster about how to make his discourse less shitty?
    Lol

vCash

Well played.

Abortion to me is a moral matter. The lack of morals, character, and responsibility of parents is the downfall of kids and society today, imo. Killing babies could never be a good option for anything. If you don’t want a baby, take the necessary precautions between the 2 partners to prevent becoming pregnant. There are plenty of ways of prevention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Well played.

Abortion to me is a moral matter. The lack of morals, character, and responsibility of parents is the downfall of kids and society today, imo. Killing babies could never be a good option for anything. If you don’t want a baby, take the necessary precautions between the 2 partners to prevent becoming pregnant. There are plenty of ways of prevention.
    Bro now you meddling in someone?s street cred and a check. You betta chek yo self

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Bro now you meddling in someone?s street cred and a check. You betta chek yo self
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Apoplectic again.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'm still trying to see how some criminals broke out some car windows during a JSU game in the wonderful capital city has anything to do with abortion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I'm still trying to see how some criminals broke out some car windows during a JSU game in the wonderful capital city has anything to do with abortion.
    Agreed

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    There are lots of evil things we can do that statistically would be pretty likely to lower crime. But I think most people are still not willing to sign off on killing babies based on their statistical likelihood of committing crimes.
    But, they are not babies. That is the point. And you are not the one signing off on killing babies anyway. It is that woman's choice on whether to terminate an embryo they do not want to become a baby.

If you believe different... fantastic. You don't have to have an abortion. You, as a 13 year old girl can choose to carry it to term. You as a 35 year old woman that just had a miscarriage can choose to carry the dead fetus to term. You as a 21 year old college student that entire life is going to wrecked by a baby at this moment, can choose to carry a embryo at 10 weeks to term, if you want. Great. For the rest of society, and women in particular, should have the choice when and how they have a baby, under which circumstances, etc.

If men had this burden, we would not even be discussing it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    It has plenty to do with abortion, and any other topic involving family life and impacts education levels in the surrounding areas.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Well played.

Tons of ways of prevention, but the cycle of bad choices continues from generation to generation. So yes, abortion fits into the equation. Along with education, family dynamics, family structure, and raising children for success. Abortion to me, as a successful white male that will pay more in taxes this year compared to my mother for her entire life combined, is a moral issue. I have the means to do anything I want, yet I still see the pitfalls in our society that bears on the less fortunate and understand things are not as easy as...... "There are plenty of ways of prevention".
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Why can't we all just meet in the middle...

I say we legalize abortion up til the 300th trimester... and, as a "collective", all have a say in it...
    Last edited by TUSK; 11-03-2022 at 12:42 PM. Reason: meant "300th", not "30th"
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

Rep added.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    But, they are not babies. That is the fallacy that many people choose to accept, even though it's not supported by science.
    FIFY