Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GameDay aftermath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'll tell y'all I've got a special place in my heart for young people. I've coached youth for years I've worked with youth in church for years and I just love their energy and spirit.
    That is very admirable. It is really impressive to see people with that gift work their influence on youth these days. Kudos to you. Two grandkids will wear on my patience! Ha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    That is very admirable. It is really impressive to see people with that gift work their influence on youth these days. Kudos to you. Two grandkids will wear on my patience! Ha!
    Thanks man just trying to share some of what I've been blessed with. I only have one grand kid right now and she's busy, busy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    parents
    That the plural noun above is vastly unrealistic is also part of the problem.

vCash
    The school systems curriculums are broken. 60% of the things taught are used. Kids change when they are exposed to different things. Some of you are praising a particular ethnic group and degrading another. The #1 difference in the two is exposure. Contrary to false statistics black families have a high involvement. It's a social economic problem which entails limits exposure. I'm a living witness that once a kid is exposed to better it sparks a difference. Even things as simple as field trips and different cities brings changes.

IMO trade schools should take place, investing, money management, trading, how to grow wealth, etc. Who cares about Mississippi history. How did it benefit me? It was a waste of time.

vCash
    Some school districts do utilize partnerships with area businesses to expose students to particular fields but this takes cohesion from the school as well as the businesses. I personally know plenty supposed parents of different races who are pure trash individuals when it come to rearing a child. It is very sad. Some of their kids grew up and still wallow in the mire but some did get out and never return.

vCash
    No more money for education. Build more prisons and fill them up. Chicago learned that the biggest factor for a reduction in crime many years ago was ease of abortion. Well that?s changing so be prepared for further escalation

vCash
    Reminds me when I parked on a lot near Ladd Stadium. Guy on the street was taking 5 bucks to let you park there. The money was for "security". Guess these patrons forgot to pay up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    No more money for education. Build more prisons and fill them up. Chicago learned that the biggest factor for a reduction in crime many years ago was ease of abortion. Well that?s changing so be prepared for further escalation
    This correct... Abortion def reduces crime...

While I'm not down with baby killin', from an economic standpoint, it helps us all.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.

We are teaching in our First Year Experience class that the kids can't call their mother and father - mom and dad. Breakdown of the family is the foundation which has crumbled and the house of cards come down
    I'm not arguing our education system is good. I'm arguing our education system is funded well... more money isn't gonna fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not arguing our education system is good. I'm arguing our education system is funded well... more money isn't gonna fix it.
    More money would make a difference in some places. There are some schools where there is enough parental involvement that more money isn't needed. There are some schools where parental involvement is so bad that any realistic sum of money won't make a difference. There are schools with a mix where some better funding could make a difference if spent wisely.

I don't think the state government is capable of reliably identifying those schools. They can't politically devote extra resources to those schools anyway. And even if they could, they wouldn't be able to ensure the money is spent in a way that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I actually had some obviously idiotic hope that knowing this was a certainty if there wasn't some sort of security presence monitoring the parking areas, that somebody would have security patrol the area. I kind of knew the city of Jackson wouldn't do it, but was hoping maybe the chamber of commerce or downtown partners would chip in to pay just to avoid another black eye.

I guess the good thing is that I don't guess this is really abnormal enough to catch the interest of non-local news, but it still sucks for the City of Jackson because next time there is an event like this, people are going to have to decide if they're willing to deal with the hassle of having their window broken just to go to the event.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.

We are teaching in our First Year Experience class that the kids can't call their mother and father - mom and dad. Breakdown of the family is the foundation which has crumbled and the house of cards come down
    I disagree with this. In my experience, there is no indoctrination going on.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    More money would make a difference in some places. There are some schools where there is enough parental involvement that more money isn't needed. There are some schools where parental involvement is so bad that any realistic sum of money won't make a difference. There are schools with a mix where some better funding could make a difference if spent wisely.

I don't think the state government is capable of reliably identifying those schools. They can't politically devote extra resources to those schools anyway. And even if they could, they wouldn't be able to ensure the money is spent in a way that matters.
    The government can identify those schools, if the population would let one dollar go to those schools without a Quid-Pro-Quo
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

While I'm not down with baby killin', from an economic standpoint, it helps us all.
    Bingo. Not to get political.

I want babies born to people that are positioned in life that are ready to love and support a child. Forcing unwanted pregnancies is going to plummet this country into a very bad place. Matter of fact, the sooner we come to a consensus on abortion, the sooner we can focus on much more important issues facing our country. Too much political time and energy is wasted on this stupid discussion. Illegal or not, they will continue. Changing the law only makes it way more dangerous and hard to obtain.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    To whomever sent the message saying Jackson spends 2X the amount of money per student than Desoto or Madison, well no shit. You are proving my point exactly. Parents are the single biggest influence on kids success. I don't care how much you spend on per student education. If parents are not engaged actively in what their student is learning, helping on the side, teaching the student how to behave, setting expectations, tracking assignments, etc.....
    It doesn't flipping matter how much money people spend. 1 dollar or 2500 dollars per term.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Bingo. Not to get political.

I want babies born to people that are positioned in life that are ready to love and support a child. Forcing unwanted pregnancies is going to plummet this country into a very bad place. Matter of fact, the sooner we come to a consensus on abortion, the sooner we can focus on much more important issues facing our country. Too much political time and energy is wasted on this stupid discussion. Illegal or not, they will continue. Changing the law only makes it way more dangerous and hard to obtain.
    There are lots of evil things we can do that statistically would be pretty likely to lower crime. But I think most people are still not willing to sign off on killing babies based on their statistical likelihood of committing crimes.

vCash
    Totally agree. I have multiple close connections in money trails in education in my family. It is sickening to see the waste going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

No abortion kills in more ways than one. It is an economic disaster. If no abortion, we could have 60 million more taxpayers and workers today - not a shortage of either. Abortion is a disaster on every front.

The same morals that thinks abortion is right also sees no issue with killing others or stealing from others. Abortion is an indicator of what our culture values. Abortion solves nothing but creates destruction in its path.

Banned
    vCash
    Just eliminate private schooling for 18 and under and watch the public school system magically be quality with funds used in appropriate manners and teachers well compensated and actually quality educators.

That's the real problem. People with enough power / money to cause change in public school systems and keep corruption out / improve standards just go to a private institution instead.

Furthers the gap at an earlier age.

Banned
    vCash
    No abortion kills in more ways than one. It is an economic disaster. If no abortion, we could have 60 million more taxpayers and workers today - not a shortage of either. Abortion is a disaster on every front.

The same morals that thinks abortion is right also sees no issue with killing others or stealing from others. Abortion is an indicator of what our culture values. Abortion solves nothing but creates destruction in its path.
    Lol if you think having MORE mouths to feed and MORE competition in the workforce is good for 99% of America then you're an idiot.

The market being undersaturated with workers means workers are more valuable and they have to get compensated enough or they have options.

The market being oversaturated with workers means people are going jobless, working out of fear of joblessness, and people have to commit crime to get their next meal.

This is such a brain dead take, I don't know how you even got there. That's astonishingly bad. There's finite amount of resources on this planet. Go learn Thermo 101 man. This is DUMB