Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GameDay aftermath

vCash

GameDay aftermath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Could have been a lot worse though.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Big Whoopty Doo. Why don?t you guys just come out and say what you are thinking? Seems to me, the Jackson community loves to steal from their own. It?s like, we forgot to remind people, hey 17n play it cool and stop committing crimes against your fellow citizens.

The failure here is that parents do not take the time with their kids. Also Failure to invest money in education, but without parents having time and being engaged, this type of society issues will persist.

There is a reason why Starkville kids that are the top of their class are white or professor kids on the vast vast vast majority. Same teachers, same funding, etc. the difference is parents doing their jobs. Unless you are raising a sociopath?.. then there is nothing you can do.

So this was totally obviously going to happen in Jackson, but instead of pointing and basically laughing about it, better to discuss the underlining society issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Big Whoopty Doo. Why don?t you guys just come out and say what you are thinking? Seems to me, the Jackson community loves to steal from their own. It?s like, we forgot to remind people, hey 17n play it cool and stop committing crimes against your fellow citizens.

The failure here is that parents do not take the time with their kids. Also Failure to invest money in education, but without parents having time and being engaged, this type of society issues will persist.

There is a reason why Starkville kids that are the top of their class are white or professor kids on the vast vast vast majority. Same teachers, same funding, etc. the difference is parents doing their jobs. Unless you are raising a sociopath?.. then there is nothing you can do.

So this was totally obviously going to happen in Jackson, but instead of pointing and basically laughing about it, better to discuss the underlining society issues.
    It’s really tragic that the family structure is so broken in this world today. We are seeing the breakdown of society and it coincides with the breakdown of the 2 parent family. Moral, values, and personal responsibility have been in sharp decline and it’s really sad.

vCash
    We invest a crap load in education.

vCash
    We stayed in a Hilton across from Busch Stadium in St Louis and the exact same thing happened to us. Cop told us we were the 250th break in that weekend.

Big Cities suck. (Well, the petty crime at least)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep. That’s not the problem. It’s the people running it and the parents producing these children that are not brought up properly.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yep. That’s not the problem. It’s the people running it and the parents producing these children that are not brought up properly.
    We do invest money in education, but it is all undone if parents are not directly engaged in the education of their kids.

Too much time and energy is wasted on kids that literally do not know how to mind their manners in public. Too much time and energy wasted on kids that are not ready to show up and learn. Half of life?s success is simply being engaged and ready to do the thing people are telling you to do. Seriously. From 1st grade through graduating college, you do what your supposed to do and be engaged and you will succeed. It literally is that easy.

Now with parents that are working two jobs with too many kids, where is the time? That is why I fully support all measures to control when and how you build a family. Birth control, education, abortion before 23 weeks, etc. get women educated and it helps with this. The issue is dumb people passing on their stupid ass ways of life to the next generation over and over.

My daughter is the kid of two college graduates. We push her all the time on concepts of life beyond what she is currently working on at school. She understands the value of a dollar. She understands higher levels of math far beyond what she is being taught in school. Why? Because I was teaching her multiplication on a white board during COVID as the teachers were teaching adding and subtracting. She goes to Starkville Public schools. Tax dollar per student the same as the 40% minorities in her class. She is light years ahead of them, because of her parents, not the school board and not because of the administration or teachers. Same for probably 95% of the top performers in the entire state.

Breaking the cycle of poverty has never been solved on a large scale in our country. Until parents understand they are equally if not more important than the teachers in their kids education it is never going to change.

There are things that the State can do to help. But it is a partnership with the care givers at home. It is less than half in control by local/state/federal administrations.

We have kids showing up hungry to school. We have parents that refuse to discipline their kids and get them ready to be a normal kid ready to learn at school. We have teachers being forced to spend half their damn time on kids that refuse to do what they are being asked to do. The system is 17ed. Until we get kids to behave, they will grow up and continue to victimize their own communities, because they are stupid and basically a waste of time in our society.

Long story short. Parents have to do their job, so teachers can do theirs. Teachers are not there to get your kid ready to learn. They are there to teach. Asking teachers to teach your kid to sit down and shut up and respect their teachers, IS NOT THEIR JOB.

vCash

No success can compensate for failure in the home. Societies problems all start with failures at home. Breakdown of society is from breakdown of the family.

vCash
    thus the reason all coaches nowadays must preach the "family" mantra to the players. often this is the closest thing to an actual family some kids even see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Could have been a lot worse though.
    and they wondered why the espn folks didn't stay downtown..........parking lots full of cars is like shooting fish in a barrel at the county fair for the jackson criminal element.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    thus the reason all coaches nowadays must preach the "family" mantra to the players. often this is the closest thing to an actual family some kids even see.
    Sad but true! I have a son that's a teacher and coach and a daughter that's a teacher. They tell me about how disrespectful a lot of these kids are now and I tell them work with them and be patient with them because their home life is more than likely not good and they need help, love and direction and you may be the only way they get that help and love!

vCash
    Anyone who has worked in secondary education will tell you that they can't really hold kids accountable. A high school degree is a participation trophy at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Anyone who has worked in secondary education will tell you that they can't really hold kids accountable. A high school degree is a participation trophy at best.
    Fact about accountability and it's sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sad but true! I have a son that's a teacher and coach and a daughter that's a teacher. They tell me about how disrespectful a lot of these kids are now and I tell them work with them and be patient with them because their home life is more than likely not good and they need help, love and direction and you may be the only way they get that help and love!
    Very true

vCash
    No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.

We are teaching in our First Year Experience class that the kids can't call their mother and father - mom and dad. Breakdown of the family is the foundation which has crumbled and the house of cards come down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No success can compensate for failure in the home. Societies problems all start with failures at home. Breakdown of society is from breakdown of the family.
    Truth

vCash
    We do invest money in education, but it is all undone if parents are not directly engaged in the education of their kids.

Too much time and energy is wasted on kids that literally do not know how to mind their manners in public. Too much time and energy wasted on kids that are not ready to show up and learn. Half of life?s success is simply being engaged and ready to do the thing people are telling you to do. Seriously. From 1st grade through graduating college, you do what your supposed to do and be engaged and you will succeed. It literally is that easy.

Now with parents that are working two jobs with too many kids, where is the time? That is why I fully support all measures to control when and how you build a family. Birth control, education, abortion before 23 weeks, etc. get women educated and it helps with this. The issue is dumb people passing on their stupid ass ways of life to the next generation over and over.

My daughter is the kid of two college graduates. We push her all the time on concepts of life beyond what she is currently working on at school. She understands the value of a dollar. She understands higher levels of math far beyond what she is being taught in school. Why? Because I was teaching her multiplication on a white board during COVID as the teachers were teaching adding and subtracting. She goes to Starkville Public schools. Tax dollar per student the same as the 40% minorities in her class. She is light years ahead of them, because of her parents, not the school board and not because of the administration or teachers. Same for probably 95% of the top performers in the entire state.

Breaking the cycle of poverty has never been solved on a large scale in our country. Until parents understand they are equally if not more important than the teachers in their kids education it is never going to change.

There are things that the State can do to help. But it is a partnership with the care givers at home. It is less than half in control by local/state/federal administrations.

We have kids showing up hungry to school. We have parents that refuse to discipline their kids and get them ready to be a normal kid ready to learn at school. We have teachers being forced to spend half their damn time on kids that refuse to do what they are being asked to do. The system is 17ed. Until we get kids to behave, they will grow up and continue to victimize their own communities, because they are stupid and basically a waste of time in our society.

Long story short. Parents have to do their job, so teachers can do theirs. Teachers are not there to get your kid ready to learn. They are there to teach. Asking teachers to teach your kid to sit down and shut up and respect their teachers, IS NOT THEIR JOB.
    Yep. 100% of the blame falls on the parents at an early age and then diminishes slightly as the kids get older and they have to have a bit of responsibility themselves. A lot of people treat school as a daycare to get kids out of their hair and take responsibility off of them because they are lazy pieces of crap instead of a good parent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.

We are teaching in our First Year Experience class that the kids can't call their mother and father - mom and dad. Breakdown of the family is the foundation which has crumbled and the house of cards come down
    Nail on head!

vCash
    I'll tell y'all I've got a special place in my heart for young people. I've coached youth for years I've worked with youth in church for years and I just love their energy and spirit. So many have zero guidance and direction and love at home and it's sad. So much potential for good in our youth but the family unit being destroyed has taken its toll. As Mr Miyagi said no bad student, only bad teacher! Kids mirror what they see at home, good or bad.