Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Cohen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    What in particular did Cohen do to get into hot water with BDC members?
    I think it may be more of a what he didn't do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Yeah, their crazier fans. If I'm Auburn, I have my guy selected and will be doing exactly whatever it takes to get him out from a division rival. There's one way to return to national prominence in my mind and he's the ticket. Oh yeah, need an AD in the chair when this happens. If they fail to do this, Cohen will have a tough time when the demons come.
    Lane Kiffin ?

vCash
    Cohen refused to get involved in NIL/fund raising from what I’ve read, and Auburn has loads of NIL which don’t require the AD to get involved in fund raising. That sounds about right. He’s definitely dropped the ball on NIL.

vCash
    Cohen just rubbed people the wrong way. He had a knack for ignoring the most important donors we have in the BDC. Heck, I know he never even introduced himself to over half of the top 50 donors, and that's unacceptable. He was within a whisker of being fired last year. Keenum kept that from happening, but in hindsight, he obviously changed his mind. Cohen also is very stubborn with NIL changes and was not open to promoting NIL giving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Cohen refused to get involved in NIL/fund raising from what I’ve read, and Auburn has loads of NIL which don’t require the AD to get involved in fund raising. That sounds about right. He’s definitely dropped the ball on NIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Cohen just rubbed people the wrong way. He had a knack for ignoring the most important donors we have in the BDC. Heck, I know he never even introduced himself to over half of the top 50 donors, and that's unacceptable. He was within a whisker of being fired last year. Keenum kept that from happening, but in hindsight, he obviously changed his mind. Cohen also is very stubborn with NIL changes and was not open to promoting NIL giving.
    Adapt or die.

Hopefully the next guy will be willing to maximize state's position in the world...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Adapt or die.

Hopefully the next guy will be willing to maximize state's position in the world...
    It's all about salesmanship.

vCash
    I was at a game during the end of Jackie years when we were looking bad and losing at halftime. As i was standing with a group of generous BDC members, LT had gotten off the elevator and walked by us. I looked at him and said, "Mr. Templeton, we have some problems out there." He stopped, looked at me, smartly turned on his heels, and walked away. Guess he was in a hurry.** So, maybe this is why Cohen was called LT 2.0 by some. Hope AU falls further.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 10-31-2022 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    That's going to be everywhere though. The more people give to NIL the less they are going to donate to the school.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)