Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi State Athletic Director

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    For all those that think Cohen stinks when it comes to football, go back and look at all the head coaches some of you wanted to hire over the last 5 years and where they all are now.

Also, check to see if you've increased or decreased your giving to our university or have contributed in any way to NIL.

Cohen has done a pretty good job. Lemonis won a championship. Soccer, softball, and volleyball have all been ranked in the Top 25 in the last year and are plying as good as they ever have. He fired Howland and I think made a solid hire in Jans. And Leach has been about as good as our history indicates a football coach will be.

Plus we have the premiere college baseball stadium in the country and are handling renovations at the Hump.

Not sure what else you all want from Cohen honestly.
    Nobody cares about soccer
    Nobody cares about volleyball
    Nobody cares about softball

Outside of the players and parents .

Football and basketball

And baseball to a way lesser extent on the national stage

Football and basketball are what create you image as a athletic brand . And it?s what makes the money

I knew Joe moorhead was a horrible hire before we hired him, I want Dave clawson at that time or Lane kiffin.

I don?t care about optics on the AD job because it now makes it a good job because they all got ? bigger? AD jobs

Hell , OM AD left for A&M

A&M?s AD left for LSU

It happens. Cohen was a former baseball coach who couldn?t get it done so he hired someone else who could get it done. He did ? good? for what was asked but it?s time to move on from him.

But he should?ve never been hired because he didn?t have the experience in the first place to be a SEC AD.

Hire John Currie or Georgia Southern?s AD

Also look at Southern Miss?s AD.

vCash
    For all those that think Cohen stinks when it comes to football, go back and look at all the head coaches some of you wanted to hire over the last 5 years and where they all are now.

Also, check to see if you've increased or decreased your giving to our university or have contributed in any way to NIL.

Cohen has done a pretty good job. Lemonis won a championship. Soccer, softball, and volleyball have all been ranked in the Top 25 in the last year and are plying as good as they ever have. He fired Howland and I think made a solid hire in Jans. And Leach has been about as good as our history indicates a football coach will be.

Plus we have the premiere college baseball stadium in the country and are handling renovations at the Hump.

Grass is always greener to some. If Dak were still here instead of having a thread defending him ... There'd be numerous threads speculating about the backup QBs and if they're ready to step in to replace him.

vCash

I don't have to look far to see where Moorhead is. I don't have to look far to see where Cannizaro is.

We have no idea about Jans, but he's recruiting has been subpar so far.

Also, this clearly needs to be stated because there is a lot of confusion, but Cohen had very, very little to do with our baseball stadium. Stricklin gets 95% of the credit there.

I'll give him credit on Lemonis even though Lemonis met none of the criteria Cohen publicly stated he wanted in our next head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Grass is always greener to some. If Dak were still here instead of having a thread defending him ... There'd be numerous threads speculating about the backup QBs and if they're ready to step in to replace him.
    Was there a thread like that when dak was here? I can't remember one

vCash
    We have the lowest athletics budget in the SEC and outsiders see us competing in the SEC with larger programs and look at Cohen favorably. He was also AD when Mississippi State won our first national championship in a team sport.
    I don't think it's a good look if we lose another alum AD to an SEC program.
    If Cohen does leave Keenum better make a better hire. I'm basically neutral on Cohen because I think he's more interested in getting the most out of our last place budget than increasing our budget but we can definitely do worse even though some will argue with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There was not. Coach34 called him checkdown Charlie and got absolutely drilled for it. But no one ever called for the backup QB when Dak was here. That's a complete strawman from dawgday166.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    We have the lowest athletics budget in the SEC and outsiders see us competing in the SEC with larger programs and look at Cohen favorably. He was also AD when Mississippi State won our first national championship in a team sport.
    If Cohen does leave Keenum better make a better hire. I'm basically neutral on Cohen because I think he's more interested in getting the most out of our last place budget than increasing our budget but we can definitely do worse even though some will argue with that.
    He made a good hire in football and basketball on paper. He also made an abysmal hire when the stakes were the highest for us... I hold Cohen responsible for 2018 just as much as I do Moorhead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    What’s funny is outside of the dumbed down internet world, Cohens hire of Leach has earned him currency as an AD.

vCash
    He made a good hire in football and basketball on paper. He also made an abysmal hire when the stakes were the highest for us... I hold Cohen responsible for 2018 just as much as I do Moorhead
    I understand your point, but show me one national writer who said the Moorehead hire was nothing short of a home run? Literally everyone thought Cohen made a great hire. Everyone.

Hindsight is definitely 20/20 however on that day it was viewed as a great hire.

We have the greatest baseball stadium in the country and it isn’t close and that is 100% due to Cohen. We have a National Championship and that is 100% because of Cohen.

We have way more to be thankful for because of Cohen than we do to complain about.

My opinion of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    What’s funny is outside of the dumbed down internet world, Cohens hire of Leach has earned him currency as an AD.
    Overpaying for Leach earned him currency? Leach wasnt even his top 3 choices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    IF...I said, "if" he's gone, I wouldn't call it "losing an AD".
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Lol ... I seem to remember he got drilled on here after both losses to OM. If he kept losing to OM probably so. But I reckon you right on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Actually, your post is what's funny. Damn near every AD from Miami to UT has had the chance to hire Leach. None of them wanted to do it. We hired Leach from Washington State, LOL. This wasn't akin to Byrne finding Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Actually, your post is what's funny. Damn near every AD from Miami to UT has had the chance to hire Leach. None of them wanted to do it. We hired Leach from Washington State, LOL. This wasn't akin to Byrne finding Mullen.
    I believe Tennessee very openly interviewed him if I'm not not mistaken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You’re a moron, an ad doesn’t get an offer if the leach hire was viewed as a bad hire. It’s a bad hire
    To idiots claiming it’s expected to beat Alabama and LSU on the road. We aren’t a blue blood , we are the exact opposite of a blue blood.

vCash
    You saying leach turned em down or making hoops point?

vCash
    Tennessee?s boosters stepped in and stopped it from happening.

vCash
    You saying leach turned em down or making hoops point?
    Leach has said he wanted that job. So he made my point, LOL.

vCash
    Leach was also offered the Arkansas job, But none of that matters. His performance turning this program around is viewed in a positive light or Cohen does not get offered anywhere.

vCash
    From what I have heard since the offseason .

I am know seeing it so it is actually starting to make since

Like it or not folks.

Leach is coaching for his job on thanksgiving. No coach gets to lose 3 egg bowls in a row. We may not care about winning at a high level but seeing ole miss making NY6?s and getting all the best in state recruits and making us look like the 2nd rate school, hell , jackson state gets more publicity than us now.

We are falling behind OM as a football program and their baseball program has just caught up with us also. While they have a way better football program and coach that has the media loving him and recruits in the portal begging to come to ole miss.

The football boosters see this and know what?s got to happen.

If leach loses the egg bowl he is fired .

That?s what I?ve been told since before the season started by people associated with the program that I know and know im seeing it

Cohen getting out before Leach gets him fired.