Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can already see the rest of the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    This is just my opinion from a little time around and in oxford. If all om fans behaved the way out of state kids that attend om life would be much more tolerable in this state. For some reason kids from Ms that attend om truly believe they are better and far superior in every way than people that attend STATE simply because they put a pen to paper in oxford. Kids from out of state (Texas, Georgia, La) for some reason are much more mature and intelligent in their view of the world.......I can’t explain that difference.
    It's how they're raised that's the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yes fans over react. This year I think some of the panic right now has to do with OM being 7-0. Most years if you said we are 5-2 through 7 games, fans would take that as success.

Admittedly, I would be happy with 7 wins in the end most seasons. However we have to beat OM this year. That's the rub this season. People are going to lose it IF... IF they win 9-10 games and we lose to them to settle for 7 wins.
    I don't care where OM is right now. Most everyone, even their fans knew that they should be at least 6-1 at this point with their early schedule. I worry about us and how we looked lost against LSU and totally unprepared in all aspects of the game against KY, two games we were favored to win. Lane brought in 20 new portal players and if they win the majority of their remaining games, he is a heck of a coach. If their run includes a third win in a row over us in a 6-6 season, we have serious issues to address no matter how they finish. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yes fans over react. This year I think some of the panic right now has to do with OM being 7-0. Most years if you said we are 5-2 through 7 games, fans would take that as success.

Admittedly, I would be happy with 7 wins in the end most seasons. However we have to beat OM this year. That's the rub this season. People are going to lose it IF... IF they win 9-10 games and we lose to them to settle for 7 wins.
    Ya hit the nail on the head.

Thats what the problem rn

They also took our crown in baseball.

Something gotta be done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I don't care where OM is right now. Most everyone, even their fans knew that they should be at least 6-1 at this point with their early schedule. I worry about us and how we looked lost against LSU and totally unprepared in all aspects of the game against KY, two games we were favored to win. Lane brought in 20 new portal players and if they win the majority of their remaining games, he is a heck of a coach. If their run includes a third win in a row over us in a 6-6 season, we have serious issues to address no matter how they finish. Hail State!
    Good post.

There is something majorly wrong if OM lost all that they lost last year and still do a lot better than us and beat us again when we have a team full of seniors and juniors in atleast their 3rd year of playing. Not for the players or the coaches that coach em

vCash
    6-6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    6-6
    That's 4-0 OOC, 2-6 SEC, and loss #3 in a row to OM. Not much to be happy with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Totally agree!

The truth is to me Kiffin is a heck of a Coach who seems to get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    MSU hasnt scored a TD in Tuscaloosa since Dak was here (he got one). We won?t this season either. 7-5 is this teams ceiling right now.
    Agree it is 7-5 or 6-6. It would be a major fluke to win 8. We already gave away 2 should have been wins and looked bad doing it. Just hoping not to implode and let Aub beat us. OM going to make 2008 look like a good Bulldog effort. Hope I'm wrong but not seeing any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    6-6
    If that happens Leach should be told to retire. I said this two months ago and I'll say again today. That's unacceptable in year three.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    We were always a 7 win team, taking one from TAMU actually puts us ahead of where i thought we'd be. We just need to beat OM to be 8-4.

8-4 with this schedule is one heck of a year. Let's say OM ends up 9-3, if we traded UGA for Vandy, we'd be 9-3 and they'd be 8-4.
    We're not beating Ole Miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    MSU hasnt scored a TD in Tuscaloosa since Dak was here (he got one). We won?t this season either. 7-5 is this teams ceiling right now.
    Exactly. we scored 1 offensive td vs freaking kentucky.
    We won't score 10 vs Bama. I won't be surprised with a shutout considering how pissed off they are with the loss to UT.

vCash
    I'm still convinced that the Egg Bowl will be for both team's 8th win.

There is a good chance they will have quit by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

If we play Aubbie like we did against KY we will lose. And now that KY exposed us, pressure Will, and Johnson out We might not beat them anyway.

vCash
    I just don?t see a competitive game. I truly hope Arnette has a career game. But until CML makes it a total only thing that matters attitude....I just don?t see the DOGS winning this. I so hope Im wrong.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-18-2022 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    We need to get Crumedy, Sharp, Johnson back ASAP.

Again- Will just has to not do too much. If he does that everything else falls into place.

We're going to see the same thing that Kentucky did on defense from here on out. It's up to our staff to counter it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

If we have only beaten ETU, leading up to the EGG, just what kind of shape to you think our team will be in mentally and physically going into a rival game that Leach during his history everywhere seems to treat as just another game?

vCash
    Leach will not have any WTF wins in the SEC, this isn't the Big 12, Pac 10 where you just go out and throw the ball around on Saturday and see what happens. Leach will not beat Ole Miss 9 out of 10 years as long as Kiffen is there, Kiffen is a much better coach.