Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday hype + prediction

vCash
    A post without a Dan Mullen reference. Good job.

Arkansas racked up 8 sacks on Bobby Petrino's Missouri State. MoSt threw 43 passes to 32 rushes. Arkansas had 2 sacks vs aTm on 21 pass attempts.

MoSt had 357 passing yards. Surely MS St can throw for over 400 tomorrow.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-07-2022 at 05:16 AM.

vCash
    I predicted us to beat LSU and we lost.

I predicted us to lose to A&M but we won

SO THIS MAY NOT BE WHAT I REALLY THINK*********************

Hogs 35
    Dogs 34

vCash
    DAWGS 41 Hawgs 27

370 Passing with 3 TDs
    120 Rushing with 2 TDs
    2 FGs from 35+ Yards

vCash
    Dawgs 45-21

We won't punt the ball once

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    DAWGS 41 Hawgs 27

370 Passing with 3 TDs
    120 Rushing with 2 TDs
    2 FGs from 35+ Yards

bold take

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You think we get 675 yards offense????
    Their D is bad. Probably won?t get that high. But I typed it so now I have to keep it

vCash
    Lee Sterling of Paramount Sports out of Miami said this morning that the wrong team is favored and picked Arky 26-20. Don't know about that but I would take the 9 points if wagering.

vCash
    FAYETTEVILLE — Sam Pittman gave Arkansas football fans a bit of good news regarding the health of his quarterback during his weekly radio show Wednesday evening.

After not participating in the first two practices this week, KJ Jefferson was able to get on the field Wednesday afternoon and Pittman confirmed he’ll be part of the Razorbacks’ 70-man travel roster for Saturday’s game at No. 23 Mississippi State.

“KJ practiced today,” Pittman said on his radio show. “I don’t know what that means, to be perfectly honest with you. He still has a ways to go on that. We’re certainly not going to play him unless he’s capable and healthy and all those type things.”

“We’re going to take him on the trip. Whether he plays or not still waiting to be seen. We’ve got a few more days to figure some of that out.”

Getting on the practice field by Wednesday was the first milestone Jefferson had to clear in order to at least be considered to play this weekend, as that’s the deadline Pittman has for every player dealing with an injury.

Jefferson is recovering from what is believed to be a concussion, albeit without Pittman ever explicitly using that word to describe his injury. He did mention after the Alabama game that Jefferson “hit his head” and added Monday that he was dealing with “mild symptoms,” but declined to confirm whether he was in concussion protocol.

Although he was still able to take part in meetings, Jefferson was relegated to the sideline during practice Monday and Tuesday. When Pittman spoke with reporters Wednesday, he had not yet met with head athletic trainer Dave Polanski, but he said how much Jefferson responded to his first practice work would go a long way in determining his status.

“I have no idea, because I don’t know how well he’s going to react to physical movement,” Pittman said. “If he reacts really well, then we’ll have a decision to make on what we’re going to do moving forward, depending on how much he practices today.”

With the Razorbacks still in “wait-and-see” mode with Jefferson, conversation in the meantime has shifted to who they might play at quarterback if he’s unavailable.

Does he play or not?

vCash
    Ole Lee took aTm last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Lee Sterling of Paramount Sports out of Miami said this morning that the wrong team is favored and picked Arky 26-20. Don't know about that but I would take the 9 points if wagering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Ole Lee took aTm last week.
    Lee Sterling is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    And I am sure Bo Bounds acted like he was a combo of Stu Feiner, Jimmy The Greek, and God like he usually does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And I am sure Bo Bounds acted like he was a combo of Stu Feiner, Jimmy The Greek, and God like he usually does.
    Jake Wim yesterday said he wouldn't take that bet. He said "I love Lee but he's flat out wrong on this one."

vCash
    If they play KJ with a concus and he gets hurt all the NIL money will be going to some Trial lawyer and KJs family. Plus Arky will be put on probation and Pittman will be fired. Not worth the risk,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If they play KJ with a concus and he gets hurt all the NIL money will be going to some Trial lawyer and KJs family. Plus Arky will be put on probation and Pittman will be fired. Not worth the risk,
    This. I can't even believe they're considering playing him. I went back and looked at some of the hits he took(not just the one where he was apparently injured) and it was more than once he took a blow to the head.They're playing with fire if he gets on the field saturday and maybe even if he plays the following week. But hey it's a win at all costs thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. I can't even believe they're considering playing him. I went back and looked at some of the hits he took(not just the one where he was apparently injured) and it was more than once he took a blow to the head.They're playing with fire if he gets on the field saturday and maybe even if he plays the following week. But hey it's a win at all costs thing.
    The only reason he is not ruled out is a diversionary tactic. And yes our defense is very physical now and he will be out in the 1st half.

vCash
    That hit he took in the 4th was BRUTAL. His right shoulder went right into the turf and then his head hit and bounced.

I really doubt he's playing. Pittman is milking it for something positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The only reason he is not ruled out is a diversionary tactic. And yes our defense is very physical now and he will be out in the 1st half.
    I agree with that. I've thought all along he was blowing smoke about him playing, but coaches do get desperate sometimes. It's like Leach said in his presser though, the offense will be basically the same for them no matter who is playing qb, because you can't just change your whole scheme in a week. I do think with KJ not playing they will be even more run heavy than they have been and may come out with a few more trick plays to see if they can get something explosive. We're going to have to play very disciplined and take care of our assignments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That hit he took in the 4th was BRUTAL. His right shoulder went right into the turf and then his head hit and bounced.

I really doubt he's playing. Pittman is milking it for something positive.
    Yeah that was an awful hit. It's why I think both his head and shoulder are messed up.

vCash
    I agree with that. I've thought all along he was blowing smoke about him playing, but coaches do get desperate sometimes. It's like Leach said in his presser though, the offense will be basically the same for them no matter who is playing qb, because you can't just change your whole scheme in a week. I do think with KJ not playing they will be even more run heavy than they have been and may come out with a few more trick plays to see if they can get something explosive. We're going to have to play very disciplined and take care of our assignments.
    I foresee a lot of screens and QB draws (with Hornsby). The want Arnett to be aggressive but I think Arnett may fool them with some looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I foresee a lot of screens and QB draws (with Hornsby). The want Arnett to be aggressive but I think Arnett may fool them with some looks.
    This and sweeps with Sanders. Our outside speed is questionable and if he can get to the corner he will gobble up some yardage.