Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Draft Stock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Chase Daniel has made over 40 million dollars as a career backup. It's good work if you can get it.
    AMEN !!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I 100% believe he will be in the NFL.

His arm is nowhere near as bad as some think and demand that it is. There is a difference in not throwing it deep and not being able to. Just because he was hesitate last year doesn't mean he is this year. We have taken many shots down field and he has been on target for the better part. NFLDraftBuzz has his passing break down like this

Game performance weighted rating
    Short Passing:
    83%
    Medium Passing:
    91%
    Long Passing:
    92%

He makes throws that Dak can not hit consistently. That's not a knock on Dak, they are 2 different QBs.

I don't think it's just deep throws in general that are the knock against him. If he's going over the top, I think he can throw it far enough and throw it accurately even if he's not on the same level of some NFL QBs. I think the question is going to be can he put enough zip on the deeper balls not going over the top. For example, can he throw a deep out against NFL DBs? I don't know the answer to that or even how important those type throws really are. Obviously it's better to be able to make more throws than few throws, but not sure if it's that hard to work around if you are accurate and make good decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't think it's just deep throws in general that are the knock against him. If he's going over the top, I think he can throw it far enough and throw it accurately even if he's not on the same level of some NFL QBs. I think the question is going to be can he put enough zip on the deeper balls not going over the top. For example, can he throw a deep out against NFL DBs?
    That deep out is the throw that separates nfl qbs from good college qbs. You can judge whether it's an nfl arm or not by watching a qb throw an out route from the far hash across the field. Is it on a line or does it float? Can't float or it'll be picked 99 out of 100. Heck at the end of Peytons career the only throws he could make were short and intermediate in routes, he just didn't have anything left in his arm.

vCash
    Someone posted a video on here several weeks back of Chris Parson and some other qb's throwing rockets to receivers in the end zone. Chris Parson, who signed with us, was putting some heat on his throws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Someone posted a video on here several weeks back of Chris Parson and some other qb's throwing rockets to receivers in the end zone. Chris Parson, who signed with us, was putting some heat on his throws.
    That kid looks like the next starter here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Chase Daniel has made over 40 million dollars as a career backup. It's good work if you can get it.
    It ant much, but it?s honest work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I don't know if he will or not, but he had a heck of an arm.

vCash
    I agree. Parson is legit, got all the tools, very intelligent, great arm and athletic. If he works hard he's gonna be a great one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    It ant much, but it?s honest work.
    Rep!

vCash
    Bump... and just like that, he's a heisman candidate and media is referencing his 23 draft stock.....

vCash
    Will is gonna be the best clip board holder that ever lived.

In order things you need from QB:
    1 - get lined up and play off - √
    2- read D pre snap √
    3 - accuracy/ball placement √
    4 - arm strength. Can he throw an out to far hash - ? 50/50 is my guess.

He'll hold a clipboard for 8+ years and surprise people when he fills in is my best guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Will is gonna be the best clip board holder that ever lived.

In order things you need from QB:
    1 - get lined up and play off - √
    2- read D pre snap √
    3 - accuracy/ball placement √
    4 - arm strength. Can he throw an out to far hash - ? 50/50 is my guess.

He'll hold a clipboard for 8+ years and surprise people when he fills in is my best guess.
    Plenty of folks said Dak wouldn't even make the league. Sometimes, all you need is an opportunity.

vCash
    Bump... and just like that, he's a heisman candidate and media is referencing his 23 draft stock.....
    Awesome. Such an odd game to pick up steam though... this was one of his worst.

vCash
    Some of you may regret wanting him to move on, to me he seems to be the right QB for
    Leach's offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Some of you may regret wanting him to move on, to me he seems to be the right QB for
    Leach's offense.
    Heck I want him to stay as long as he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Leach's offense.
    I don't want him to move on. I hope he stays every ounce of his eligibility