Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Draft Stock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Chase Daniel has made over 40 million dollars as a career backup. It's good work if you can get it.
    I'd take it in a heartbeat!

You make a lot of money and you're not as beat up as a guy who was a starter his whole career!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    And you would be wrong. Rodgers wouldn?t be in the top 7 qbs of all time.

vCash
    Chase Daniel has made over 40 million dollars as a career backup. It's good work if you can get it.
    I compared Will to Chase Daniel a few months ago in a post. Lots of snaps in college, smart, not a locker room distraction. He can come in and perform if the starter goes down without a lot of practice reps. Daniel has made a great career out of it.

vCash
    Will needs to prove to the NFL that he can make deep throws consistently. That’s more important than his height as this is his biggest weakness. Yes he is not very mobile, but his accuracy is spot on and his release time seems to be significantly improved. I think he comes back for 2023 season to get a higher draft rating, but I’m much more confident Will can be a NFL QB after seeing his improvements year over year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The great thing for MSU is that the NFL doesn't draft a backup QB in the first 3 rounds. They draft potential.

I think Will is going to light it up for us for the next two years. He isn't going to leave early after next year to be a late round pick. I think he stays and re-writes the record book in the SEC for passing yards and TDs.
    Gone after next year. He won't improve his stock by staying another year beyond that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Gone after next year. He won't improve his stock by staying another year beyond that.
    Lol

vCash
    You keep saying that thread after thread, and I (and many others) just don't believe you.

In January 2024, he'll be faced with the decision to move on, or return for a 5th year and not just set but obliterate every NCAA passing record (to the extent that he'll probably still have them in the year 2100 if nothing fundamentally changes about football rules and eligiblity) and get a chance to lead us to the expanded 12-team playoff. He may not know it yet, but he's going to choose to return unless he's a legit top NFL draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You keep saying that thread after thread, and I (and many others) just don't believe you.

In January 2024, he'll be faced with the decision to move on, or return for a 5th year and not just set but obliterate every NCAA passing record (to the extent that he'll probably still have them in the year 2100 if nothing fundamentally changes about football rules and eligiblity) and get a chance to lead us to the expanded 12-team playoff. He may not know it yet, but he's going to choose to return unless he's a legit top NFL draft pick.
    Wills going to leave after this year to be a first round pick and Leach is going to retire after this year.

Hot takes.

vCash
    This

If he stays a 5th year it would be to just set records because he knows there is not much of a life in the NFL for him. Because of his intelligence and accuracy up to 20 yards- I would expect him to leave after next season and see what happens. Some NFL team will likely take a flyer on him in the later rounds and give him a chance to be Chase Daniel or Minshew.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This

If he stays a 5th year it would be to just set records because he knows there is not much of a life in the NFL for him. Because of his intelligence and accuracy up to 20 yards- I would expect him to leave after next season and see what happens. Some NFL team will likely take a flyer on him in the later rounds and give him a chance to be Chase Daniel or Minshew.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Wills going to leave after this year to be a first round pick and Leach is going to retire after this year.

Hot takes.
    1st round? That's bold

vCash
    It's good work if you can get it.
    Best gig in the world of professional sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This

Is staying one more year really going to change that though? If he can become the all time NCAA passing leader, that is something that can get him paid appearances for the foreseeable future. And give him a hook if he ever wants to go into sports broadcasting or something. Not saying he should stay, but I think his calculus is a little different then the normal player considering a 5th year of eligibility when his draft stock is already maxed out.

vCash
    It's not just the records (though those would be awesome), it's living the awesome college star life for another year, and having a real shot at getting into the playoffs that I predict will lure him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Not just sec. if he stays he will rewrite the ncaa record books.
    Will is half the equation to state the obvious. He has to have good receivers to be successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Will is half the equation to state the obvious. He has to have good receivers to be successful.
    I agree 100%. And on rethinking it he's really 1/3, counting the ol as the other third of the equation.

vCash
    I would think he could get a better NIL deal than what a 4th-7th round pick makes and stay for another season with way less pressure.

Minshew was drafted in the 6th round. He made less than 600K in his first season.

I would think he could get close to that in NIL money if he was going to break Keenum's passing yard total. Hell, he could be the first QB to hit 20,000 yards. That is a record worth staying for.

If he throws for 4,500 this year he will be a little over 11,000 yards. He would just need back to back 4,500 yard seasons to hit 20,000.00 and be the all time NCAA passing leader. Of course he should do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Y'all are underestimating how well he fits this offense. I've been saying it for a while, this offense looks good because Will runs it to perfection.

vCash
    I 100% believe he will be in the NFL.

His arm is nowhere near as bad as some think and demand that it is. There is a difference in not throwing it deep and not being able to. Just because he was hesitate last year doesn't mean he is this year. We have taken many shots down field and he has been on target for the better part. NFLDraftBuzz has his passing break down like this

Game performance weighted rating
    Short Passing:
    83%
    Medium Passing:
    91%
    Long Passing:
    92%

He makes throws that Dak can not hit consistently. That's not a knock on Dak, they are 2 different QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Y'all are underestimating how well he fits this offense. I've been saying it for a while, this offense looks good because Will runs it to perfection.

Exactly. And an NFL team would love to have the accuracy and the mental ability.