Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Draft Stock

vCash

Will Draft Stock

I honestly believe we are gonna see Will's draft stock rise over the next month. Not for this year of course but I think after these next few games, publications and media are gonna be paying closer attention to us and I think he has his best football ahead of him. This next month will be what builds the the off-season hype leading into next season. If he can continue to get rid of the ball quickly then scouts are gonna start paying better attention to him. For me, that's the key. Hope he balls out. Again, I love the type of kid we have leading our team on and off the field.

vCash
    Bailey zappe went 4th round, so that's good news for will. Both are short, and neither have impressive arms for the nfl. Zappe is starting bc of injury now, so will should be pulling for Bailey to perform well.

vCash
    Definitely going to help us in recruiting if Will and RaRa can get drafted next year.

vCash
    Hope he lights it up Saturday!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Definitely going to help us in recruiting if Will and RaRa can get drafted next year.
    I assume you meant 2024 draft because this reads like you mean 2023. Rara isn't eligible to be drafted until 2024.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I think RaRa getting drafted would be a boost. I'm not sure Will's draft position is going to matter that much. Certainly it would be better for us if he gets drafted, but since he doesn't have typical NFL measurables to begin with, I don't think it will scare off any QBs if he doesn't get drafted high or at all. I hope Rogers sticks around for his full eligibility, but what would help us is a Leach air raid QB making it to the NFL and proving to be ahead of the curve as far as making reads. You already have Gardner Minshew making it at 6'1. If Will can get any playing time, I think that tells QBs that Leach's air raid is good preparation for NFL offenses today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bailey zappe went 4th round, so that's good news for will. Both are short, and neither have impressive arms for the nfl. Zappe is starting bc of injury now, so will should be pulling for Bailey to perform well.
    You saying 6'2" is short? NfL Qb's seem to be changing all the time. Use to be stand in the pocket all the time. Now it's move out of the pocket when need be and also destinated plays for Qb to run. Will is mostly that stand in the pocket Qb but I wouldn't call him short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    You saying 6'2" is short? NfL Qb's seem to be changing all the time. Use to be stand in the pocket all the time. Now it's move out of the pocket when need be and also destinated plays for Qb to run. Will is mostly that stand in the pocket Qb but I wouldn't call him short.
    Most nfl qbs are probably pushing 6'4". I'd guess will's height on the listing is generous

vCash
    Average height of starting NFL QB is 6'3".

vCash
    Aaron Rodgers and Dak are 6'2. Imo Rodgers is the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers and Dak are 6'2. Imo Rodgers is the GOAT.
    And both are very athletic. Without looking it up, I'd guess most of the qbs under 6'3" are athletic types, and the pocket passes are usually 6'3" and up. Of course there will be exceptions.

You think dak and will are the same height? Will is probably closer to 6'1".

Im not saying he can't make it at his size, but his size will absolutely be a mark against him

vCash
    And both are very athletic. Without looking it up, I'd guess most of the qbs under 6'3" are athletic types, and the pocket passes are usually 6'3" and up. Of course there will be exceptions.

You think dak and will are the same height? Will is probably closer to 6'1".

Im not saying he can't make it at his size, but his size will absolutely be a mark against him
    I was just talking about the knock on his height. I don't think Will is an NFL QB. Decent college QB but not at the next level.

vCash
    Gardner Minshew is not 6' 1" tall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Gardner Minshew is not 6' 1" tall
    Late round pick. Good back up.

This is absolutely a path will can follow, and it would be awesome for him. Sticking around the nfl for 4-5 years as a qb (even backup) is a hell of a career. There's 32 starters, and countless top picks that flop.

vCash
    Late round pick. Good back up.

This is absolutely a path will can follow, and it would be awesome for him. Sticking around the nfl for 4-5 years as a qb (even backup) is a hell of a career. There's 32 starters, and countless top picks that flop.
    I can see this and ain't nothing wrong with it!

vCash
    I agree. This popped in my head watching him the other night.

vCash
    The great thing for MSU is that the NFL doesn't draft a backup QB in the first 3 rounds. They draft potential.

I think Will is going to light it up for us for the next two years. He isn't going to leave early after next year to be a late round pick. I think he stays and re-writes the record book in the SEC for passing yards and TDs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The great thing for MSU is that the NFL doesn't draft a backup QB in the first 3 rounds. They draft potential.

I think Will is going to light it up for us for the next two years. He isn't going to leave early after next year to be a late round pick. I think he stays and re-writes the record book in the SEC for passing yards and TDs.
    This is exactly what he should do.

vCash
    Chase Daniel has made over 40 million dollars as a career backup. It's good work if you can get it.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

Not just sec. if he stays he will rewrite the ncaa record books.