Thread: A Stat I Haven't Heard Discussed Much

vCash

A Stat I Haven't Heard Discussed Much

Arkansas ranks 2nd in the nation with 21 sacks thanks in large part to two transfers, Drew Sanders (OLB from Alabama leading the nation with 6.5) and Jordan Domineck (DE from Georgia Tech tied for 15th in the nation with 4.5).

It's been discussed a lot, but our offensive efficiency is tied directly to our ability to give Will a clean pocket. If Arky can constantly pressure Will, I'm not sure it matters how bad their DBs are. I think this game will come down to whether we can limit the QB pressures/sacks to a reasonable number. They are averaging 4.6 sacks per game and we are allowing 1.8 per game. We need to hold them to no more than 3 sacks, or we may be in trouble.

vCash
    I believe 8 of those 21 are from the Missouri State game. Another 6 in the South Carolina game. 3 against A&M. 3 against Cincy. 1 against Bama.

Our OL is more along the lines of the later three. Missouri State is a glorified JUCO team at best. South Carolina's OL is not good.

vCash
    We have a running game now and better blocking which has and will reduce the sacks on will/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I believe 8 of those 21 are from the Missouri State game. Another 6 in the South Carolina game. 3 against A&M. 3 against Cincy. 1 against Bama.

Our OL is more along the lines of the later three. Missouri State is a glorified JUCO team at best. South Carolina's OL is not good.
    Also everyone saw how Texas A&M's Offensive Line looked saturday..... Texas A&M beat arkansas with that offensive line.

I know transitive property doesnt work but I like us at home in this one... I can see a game similar to what happened this weekend. Especially if KJ isnt 100% or isnt playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Also everyone saw how Texas A&M's Offensive Line looked saturday..... Texas A&M beat arkansas with that offensive line.

I know transitive property doesnt work but I like us at home in this one... I can see a game similar to what happened this weekend. Especially if KJ isnt 100% or isnt playing.
    Im not worried about the offense. The only thing that concerns me is Their RB getting loose in the secondary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Im not worried about the offense. The only thing that concerns me is Their RB getting loose in the secondary.
    We did pretty good containing Achane. That gives me a lot of positivity for this game.

vCash
    Achane is a much better running back than Arkansas's RB but Achane did get a little over 100 yards rushing saturday.

I just really like us in this spot we are in. If we can get Tulu in space, I dont think Arkansas has anyone that can catch him, he looked super fast against even A&M's 5 star speed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We did pretty good containing Achane. That gives me a lot of positivity for this game.
    Achane was gashing us and getting ready to score before he fumbles.

vCash
    Achane was gashing us and getting ready to score before he fumbles.
    Yet, he still fumbled b/c WE made him fumble. He was also tackled for a loss a few times also.

We handled Achane rather well after that fumble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yim Yames View Post
    Arkansas ranks 2nd in the nation with 21 sacks thanks in large part to two transfers, Drew Sanders (OLB from Alabama leading the nation with 6.5) and Jordan Domineck (DE from Georgia Tech tied for 15th in the nation with 4.5).

It's been discussed a lot, but our offensive efficiency is tied directly to our ability to give Will a clean pocket. If Arky can constantly pressure Will, I'm not sure it matters how bad their DBs are. I think this game will come down to whether we can limit the QB pressures/sacks to a reasonable number. They are averaging 4.6 sacks per game and we are allowing 1.8 per game. We need to hold them to no more than 3 sacks, or we may be in trouble.
    I haven't watched Arkansas play, but generally if a team is close to tops in the nation in sacks and also bad in pass defense, my first guess would be they are blitzing a lot and not getting home a lot. I feel like we should be fine in that scenario. If they can get to the QB without blitzes and their DBs are just that bad, then maybe it's a different story.

vCash
    Yeah, 14 of those are from very bad teams.

Think about it like this. They had 8 sacks against mizzou st and still almost lost to them

vCash
    Pitman commented on how quick Will gets rid of the ball and that it would be tough to get pressure but they will have to.
    Which hints towards sending extra bodies.
    Will done a good job Saturday of getting it out, cannot hold it like the LSU game.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    They will get more pressure than Aggie did, but not a ton.
    Plus, if they do drop 7-8 into coverage that should cut down on the pressure. I'm guessing 2 sacks.

vCash
    Allow me to make you feel better:

UPig gets pressure on the QB and still.....STILL....STILL....they are among the worst in the country in Pass D. Let that marinate (and why I loaded the wagon on us Saturday)
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-04-2022 at 08:44 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I thought our piece meal O Line this past weekend started jelling after a few false starts. They just did a good job on A&M pass rush. Compared to 2020 and 2021 the sacks on Will are way down.

vCash
    The more they send, the easier it is for Will to make quick reads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Allow me to make you feel better:

UPig gets pressure on the QB and still.....STILL....STILL....they are among the worst in the country in Pass D. Let that marinate (and why I loaded the wagon on us Saturday)
    This! I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

Heck mizzou state carved them up and they sacked them 8 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Achane is a much better running back than Arkansas's RB but Achane did get a little over 100 yards rushing saturday.

I just really like us in this spot we are in. If we can get Tulu in space, I dont think Arkansas has anyone that can catch him, he looked super fast against even A&M's 5 star speed
    Rocket Sanders has probably been a top 3 RB in the SEC so far this year. Running the ball is one thing Arkansas does about as well as anyone.

The issue against Alabama is the Arkansas DL would overpursue and even when getting pressure, Young/Milroe would just step up in the pocket and pass the ball because the ends crashed way too hard, plus Alabama has the best OL they've seen this year so far. The DL can be disruptive but it's just so weird the dichotomy between the pressure and passing yardage given up this year. It's like the Arkansas defense will go two straight drives with nothing but sacks and then on the next two the other team will have two long TD passes.

We've also probably set a record for the amount of 3rd and 15-20 conversions we've given up. We'll get a sack on 2nd and 10 and then give up the 3rd and long play, even if it's a WR screen, because the tackling by the secondary has been awful as well. Injuries haven't helped but even healthy they aren't that good.

vCash
    Arkansas has given up 2293 yards....1131 of that is passing....and 1162 rushing
    State has given up 1665 yards.....1075 of that is passing....and 590 rushing

I think its safe to say that the door is wide open for anyone who touches the ball for State on Saturday.
    But that's all on paper, got to play clean and execute!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!