Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Leaches presser is any indication

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We may steamroll Arkansas Saturday. He was as pissed as I've ever noticed him on a mid season pressor. He didn't say anything crazy but his body language and overall demeanor tells me they did some butt chewing over film yesterday to bring everyone back down to earth. He even got pitched some softball off topic questions and he had zero interest in answering them. I like it!
    We might be the hell out of them, we might not. But if you take anything from a Leach press conference other than what kind of candy you might like, the toughest mascots, wedding advice or how to spend a day off, you're reading waaaaayyyyy to much into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We might be the hell out of them, we might not. But if you take anything from a Leach press conference other than what kind of candy you might like, the toughest mascots, wedding advice or how to spend a day off, you're reading waaaaayyyyy to much into it.
    Ha, Ha. Very true.

vCash
    So true!

vCash

Mike Leach is growing up

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We may steamroll Arkansas Saturday. He was as pissed as I've ever noticed him on a mid season pressor. He didn't say anything crazy but his body language and overall demeanor tells me they did some butt chewing over film yesterday to bring everyone back down to earth. He even got pitched some softball off topic questions and he had zero interest in answering them. I like it!
    What I hear you saying is that our $5MM coach is growing up? at 70

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Something else on RB. I don't know if anyone remembers the play when TAMU blitzed and Dillon Johnson came across the backfield and blew up the blitzer about to sack Will. It was a thing of beauty and one of best plays of the game that no one saw or talked about.

With Will being a statue, this type play is so important.
    Remember it well. Commented to my son and we went back and re watched.

vCash
    I disagree. You could tell the man was serious and you could tell he was tired of the praise for the players and it was time for them to move on and continue to improve. He had Sabans attitude. And I'm glad.

vCash
    Yeah we actually had a ton of mistakes that could have cost us, but created some timely turnovers that saved us.

- Way too many penalties
    - Missed FG
    - Ducking fumble
    - Will had several very dangerous throws that should have been picked
    - Receivers running free in the secondary (even Forbes picks, he was beaten on both routes. Just sayin)
    - Achane had a big day on the ground (Lots of "bend don't break", which is not the worst thing)
    - Ducking pushed off on the first TD (I like the way he uses his hands, but he got away with one)

So very happy with the win, but we definitely had Tons to improve on and for the coaches to chew ass about. Hope we can clean it all up, bc we won't be able to beat most teams in this league with that many penalties and miscues. Luckily the D had timely turnovers, and we had some receivers make some big plays. We won big, but left plenty to work on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yeah we actually had a ton of mistakes that could have cost us, but created some timely turnovers that saved us.

- Way too many penalties
    - Missed FG
    - Ducking fumble
    - Will had several very dangerous throws that should have been picked
    - Receivers running free in the secondary (even Forbes picks, he was beaten on both routes. Just sayin)
    - Achane had a big day on the ground (Lots of "bend don't break", which is not the worst thing)
    - Ducking pushed off on the first TD (I like the way he uses his hands, but he got away with one)

So very happy with the win, but we definitely had Tons to improve on and for the coaches to chew ass about. Hope we can clean it all up, bc we won't be able to beat most teams in this league with that many penalties and miscues. Luckily the D had timely turnovers, and we had some receivers make some big plays. We won big, but left plenty to work on.
    What you said is true, and it is evidence for Leach and coaches to point out and get ready to play the Hogs. We fans can get into the celebration with the as* beating we put on aTm!
    I think the main reason we beat them was we were way more physical especially the second half. It was like our team realized we delivered a knock down punch and from that moment on went for a Knockout.
    I hope we continue with this trend against te Hogs, I hope we start early and finish strong. I expect us to win something like 34-21.
    Btw, the Aggies are so poorly coached, and their players seemed to give up, not a knock on our team as we made them give up!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Young teams tend to give up when punched in the mouth. aTm just needs more time. I mean it is only Jimbo's 5th year. You have to wait until he gets his guys in there.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Their strengths play into our weaknesses and vice versa. I think KJ will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This isn't entirely surprising. We did some good things obviously, but we had our fair share of avoidable mistakes. If A&M catches some very catchable balls and/or avoids some of their own stupid mistakes, that game would have looked a lot different.
    I could see the false starts pissing him off ... I know it did for me
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I could see the false starts pissing him off ... I know it did for me
    Those where sooooo uncharacteristic for this year. But I think it was just that line getting glued together. Once they did in the second quarter it was pretty smoothed sailing.

vCash
    It’s what Leach does when he thinks he has a good team…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8

vCash
    Dang, that was after a win too.

vCash
    People think Leach isn't competitive but that couldn't be further from the truth. The guy hates losing and he hates players who think they're entitled. I've known guys that played for him at Valdosta State, BYU and now I've got 2 guys that played for me at State. He hasn't changed and he expects hard work and he expects players to do their job. Don't be fooled by that goofy exterior he's driven to win.

The guy played 4 years of college rugby for heavens sake so you know he's tough.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 10-05-2022 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    People think Leach isn't competitive but that couldn't be further from the truth. The guy hates losing and he hates players who think they're entitled. I've known guys that played for him at Valdosta State, BYU and now I've got 2 guys that played for me at State. He hasn't changed and he expects hard work and he expects players to do their job. Don't be fooled by that goofy exterior he's driven to win.

The guy played 4 years of college rugby for heavens sake so you know he's tough.
    I'll never get where people got this idea from. He doesn't live for football the way Saban does, but very few coaches do. Most are like Mullen. They have a period (which may be as long as ten or even 15 years) where they are fired up and move up the ladder, and then when they lose the fire, they fall back to the pack as a head coach or lose their job depending on where they are and what the fanbase expectations are. But it's not that they're not competitive. They still want to win and still get pissed off, they just can't maintain peak form while no longer burning the candle from both ends while also reaching a point in their career where their key assistants are poached from them rather than moving up with them.

Leach is a more typical football coach. He loves it, but he doesn't live for it; he's just smart enough and good enough at his system that he can still be a good coach when he's not working 80 hours a week every week. And people somehow interpret that as not being competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'll never get where people got this idea from. He doesn't live for football the way Saban does, but very few coaches do. Most are like Mullen. They have a period (which may be as long as ten or even 15 years) where they are fired up and move up the ladder, and then when they lose the fire, they fall back to the pack as a head coach or lose their job depending on where they are and what the fanbase expectations are. But it's not that they're not competitive. They still want to win and still get pissed off, they just can't maintain peak form while no longer burning the candle from both ends while also reaching a point in their career where their key assistants are poached from them rather than moving up with them.

Leach is a more typical football coach. He loves it, but he doesn't live for it; he's just smart enough and good enough at his system that he can still be a good coach when he's not working 80 hours a week every week. And people somehow interpret that as not being competitive.
    People think they "know" what a coach is like from a 5 second video of him standing on the sideline between plays. "He's not yelling like a mad man because the ref missed holding!!! FIRE HIM HE"S CLUELESS!!!"
    You don't last as long as he has not being engaged and knowing your shit.

I also love the typical MSU bio-polar responses: Jackie Sherrill, called players by numbers cause he was so focused on winning he couldn't always remember names in press conferences = LEGEND; Mike Leach - says "one of our RB's is dinged up, so one of the other guys will need to step up = "Leach is a buffoon who can't remember players names!!! FIRE HIM HE's CLUELESS"
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    People think they "know" what a coach is like from a 5 second video of him standing on the sideline between plays. "He's not yelling like a mad man because the ref missed holding!!! FIRE HIM HE"S CLUELESS!!!"

I also love the typical MSU bio-polar responses: Jackie Sherrill, called players by numbers cause he was so focused on winning he couldn't always remember names in press conferences = LEGEND; Mike Leach - says "one of our RB's is dinged up, so one of the other guys will need to step up = "Leach is a buffoon who can't remember players names!!! FIRE HIM HE's CLUELESS"
    Great post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Muschamp got fired up on the sideline and he was definitely a buffoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Muschamp got fired up on the sideline and he was definitely a buffoon.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18