Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Leaches presser is any indication

vCash

If Leaches presser is any indication

We may steamroll Arkansas Saturday. He was as pissed as I've ever noticed him on a mid season pressor. He didn't say anything crazy but his body language and overall demeanor tells me they did some butt chewing over film yesterday to bring everyone back down to earth. He even got pitched some softball off topic questions and he had zero interest in answering them. I like it!
    Last edited by Cowbell; 10-04-2022 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We may steamroll Arkansas Saturday. He was as pissed as I've ever noticed him on a mid season pressor. He didn't say anything crazy but his body language and overall demeanor tells me they did some butt chewing over film yesterday to bring everyone back down to earth. He even got pitched some softball off topic questions and he had zero interest in answering them. I like it!
    Facts! I do think he wants to prove himself here and I am all for it!

vCash
    O-Line is blocking well and I'd normally say RTGDF....but Ark run defense is better than A&M, although vulnerable against the pass.

Will needs to have his best day vs an SEC team in a W.

Feed RaRa.

vCash
    They actually build off of last week it could be really fun.

But again this team has to be focused and execute. Don?t drop balls that you should catch and no stupid penalties!

vCash
    I kind of think we're going to run the ball more with over 100 yards again. Our O line is looking good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I kind of think we're going to run the ball more with over 100 yards again. Our O line is looking good.
    I think we will see the rush 3 drop 8. It's their only hope to slow us in the passing game.

vCash
    What if I told you that in arguably Leach's best season, his team averaged 24 carries and 118 yards a game , had 11 100 yard rushing games and went 10-1 in those games....
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    What if I told you that in arguably Leach's best season, his team averaged 24 carries and 118 yards a game , had 11 100 yard rushing games and went 10-1 in those games....
    In Leachs top 31 rushing games he is 26-5 as a HC

vCash
    Yep, with an experienced QB that knew when it was time to check to a run play when the box count was favorable to his formation. Will is almost at Graham's level when it comes to reading the defense even though Graham was like two years older in 2008 compared to where Will is now. If Will is our starter in 23(and dare I say 24?), look out.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Hey, I'm on your side. I definitely believe it. Maybe his o line is finally coming together to where we can run the ball more. I think he's wanted to since he got here.

vCash
    At Texas Tech they had 4 200+ yard rushing games during a 4 year period. While the 144 yards Saturday might not be "normal" for Leach's Air Raid, it's not unusual either. At UK, the Air Raid averaged 30 carries and 115 yards a game. At TT, it was 24 carries and 89 yards a game and would have 5-6 100 yard games on average. TT had a 150+ yard rushing game every year but 2007.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I believe Hadad said yesterday that run threat we showed Saturday just sent everybody's DC back to the planning room.

vCash
    Hey, I'm on your side. I definitely believe it. Maybe his o line is finally coming together to where we can run the ball more. I think he's wanted to since he got here.
    I get it. It is a combination of OL doing it right, Will making the right reads and checks, and frankly our WR and RB's understanding it all. After year 2 at TT what we saw Saturday was relatively common. It took to year 4 at Wazzou - but even then they didn't run as much because I don't think they ever had the type RB's to do it.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I get it. It is a combination of OL doing it right, Will making the right reads and checks, and frankly our WR and RB's understanding it all. After year 2 at TT what we saw Saturday was relatively common. It took to year 4 at Wazzou - but even then they didn't run as much because I don't think they ever had the type RB's to do it.
    Exactly and this is the reason you have to give coaches time to build a foundation and then make it work. It's become such a habit if it doesn't work by the end of the first season, coach is on the hot seat, if in season 2 there's only mild progress his seat is scorching hot and if only more mild progress in season 3, he's gone. There's a lot to be said for stability, now obviously if there's culture problems and off field issues, yeah let him go, but otherwise give it a chance. Imagine how many great coaches would've never amounted to anything if let go after the first couple of seasons. Heck even Saban at LSU had some struggles the first 2-3 years, Frank Beamer, Bobby Bowden the list goes on and on. People want instant gratifcation now instead of a steady build.

vCash
    I think we could have added another win to total if we had run ball more in second half of LSU and won the game.

We are like 2nd in SEC in yard per carry. We can run the ball if we want to and be much better for it. As Mr. Miagi said must find balance Daniel son.

vCash
    Something else on RB. I don't know if anyone remembers the play when TAMU blitzed and Dillon Johnson came across the backfield and blew up the blitzer about to sack Will. It was a thing of beauty and one of best plays of the game that no one saw or talked about.

With Will being a statue, this type play is so important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Something else on RB. I don't know if anyone remembers the play when TAMU blitzed and Dillon Johnson came across the backfield and blew up the blitzer about to sack Will. It was a thing of beauty and one of best plays of the game that no one saw or talked about.

With Will being a statue, this type play is so important.
    Wasn't that a delayed blitz too? That was really impressive. Woody lit up a couple of blitzers too.

vCash
    This isn't entirely surprising. We did some good things obviously, but we had our fair share of avoidable mistakes. If A&M catches some very catchable balls and/or avoids some of their own stupid mistakes, that game would have looked a lot different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Wasn't that a delayed blitz too? That was really impressive. Woody lit up a couple of blitzers too.
    Yeah I think it was. It may have even been a stunt. Dillion saw it and blew it up. It was awesome. Will hit a big pass over the middle because of the play too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This isn't entirely surprising. We did some good things obviously, but we had our fair share of avoidable mistakes. If A&M catches some very catchable balls and/or avoids some of their own stupid mistakes, that game would have looked a lot different.
    Agree. Plenty of humility to be had in the game. Fans over react but we made plenty of mistakes as did TAMU. Like said before, no one plays a perfect game (excuse of execute better) but you gotta do things in every phase to give you an advantage to overcome mistakes. They happen. We did that by play calling and balanced run game.