Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upig Pittman presser

vCash

Upig Pittman presser

Watched Pittman in the Upig presser and gleaned few things.
    He's a likeable guy, sounds like a players coach. Complementary of Leach and Arnett.
    Understands that Arnett and the D is going to get after them and that the scheme is a run blitz type defense.
    Said that Arnett has them moving more than any D that he has ever played seen and that causes problems.
    He said the one thing that is making a difference in State's O is that now they aren't afraid to turn and hand it off.
    If KJ cant practice Wednesday, then he wont play, but not much else on him.
    Media question him and whined and complained to him about the cowbells and hinted that our fans are breaking the rules. blah blah blah.
    Commented that they send 5-7 clips to the SEC office a week about blown ref calls.....only to receive the "yes you are right" or "no you aren't".
    He really liked the fact that it was a 11am kick on the road that the stadium would not be as loud.......

We shall see Saturday morning.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    He's a likeable guy, sounds like a players coach. Complementary of Leach and Arnett.
    Understands that Arnett and the D is going to get after them and that the scheme is a run blitz type defense.
    Said that Arnett has them moving more than any D that he has ever played seen and that causes problems.
    He said the one thing that is making a difference in State's O is that now they aren't afraid to turn and hand it off.
    Media question him and whined and complained to him about the cowbells and hinted that our fans are breaking the rules. blah blah blah.
    Commented that they send 5-7 clips to the SEC office a week about blown ref calls.....only to receive the "yes you are right" or "no you aren't".
    He really liked the fact that it was a 11am kick on the road that the stadium would not be as loud.......

That last part needs to be sent out all over Social media that Pittman likes the fact that people won't be at the game!

vCash

Yeah...I don't know about that...

There are some folks that have jumped back on the wagon since Saturday.

We'll have more people there than last Saturday and it was pretty damn loud then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    That last part needs to be sent out all over Social media that Pittman likes the fact that people won't be at the game!
    Agreed!

vCash
    Every road team in the sec wants the 11am. We would absolutely trade next week's 630 for 11. I don't think he said anything controversial. We were complaining about the time start here a week ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah...I don't know about that...

There are some folks that have jumped back on the wagon since Saturday.

We'll have more people there than last Saturday and it was pretty damn loud then.
    Yeah I've been to some 11am kickoff games where the atmosphere was electric. I expect it to be pretty dang good this saturday!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Every road team in the sec wants the 11am. We would absolutely trade next week's 630 for 11. I don't think he said anything controversial. We were complaining about the time start here a week ago
    This is fact. Every sec road team wants that 11am game, that being said nothing wrong with a coach using comments like that for a little motivation, every little bit helps!

vCash
    Ticket prices are higher in SeatGeek this week than last, so that's a good sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No, I he didnt say anything controversial, he was stating that it seems to be that the 11am games dont give the fans time to tailgate so that they seem to be less loud... and we know why because they have less liquid encouragement. Hopefully DW will be rocking!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    No, I he didnt say anything controversial, he was stating that it seems to be that the 11am games dont give the fans time to tailgate so that they seem to be less loud... and we know why because they have less liquid encouragement. Hopefully DW will be rocking!

Last edited by BlackSailsDawg; 10-04-2022 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    11am kick

We can't come out flat and make Ark think they have a chance. Need to kick them in the mouth early and make them ready to get back on the bus.

The crowd will be jacked and ready. SECN on deck just adds a little more. If this team is what we think/hope, they will be ready too.

vCash

Go back to my years being at State, (Class of 77), when we beat Auburn at home one year. Shug Jordan gets a vote to ban cowbells, 9-1 against us. Our cowbells have never been a problem as long as we are losing to SEC teams. Bring 'em and Ring 'em within the rules we have today! Hail State!

vCash
    Also, KJ has to participate in Weds practice or he can't play Saturday. It's going to be interesting to see how many snaps, if any, he takes Weds.

vCash
    Also, KJ has to participate in Weds practice or he can't play Saturday. It's going to be interesting to see how many snaps, if any, he takes Weds.
    Do we know for sure if it was a head injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Do we know for sure if it was a head injury?
    Pittman confirmed it was a head injury but did not call it a concussion when asked. I do not believe KJ has practiced so far this week. If he doesn't practice tomorrow he will not be cleared to play Saturday.

vCash
    Pittman confirmed it was a head injury but did not call it a concussion when asked. I do not believe KJ has practiced so far this week. If he doesn't practice tomorrow he will not be cleared to play Saturday.
    Got it, thanks.

vCash
    Yeah he was quick to say, he didnt say that he was in concussion protocol.
    Honestly I think its coach speak and he will not play.
    Either way, I think State's defense will stuff the run and they cant hold State's offense with a secondary ranked in the 100's. But we shall see.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    I really don't buy it. If KJ is cleared Friday, then I think Pittman plays him.

vCash
    Hard to comprehend if this kid has a head injury and with all the tua stuff going on right now, that they would even consider playing him. If he plays and something happens can you imagine the fallout? Glad it's them

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    It?s the only card he?s got to play at this point. Our coaches end up having to prep for so many unknowns and two different QBs ?.makes it difficult for us.