Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Ian update from ground zero..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The family member that owns the house made it in today. No interior damage, some exterior damage. The new metal roof was peeled off but the old shingles underneath kept it dry. He was, very fortunate. Again this is on the extreme West End. There was supposedly only a 4 foot surge there.
    Good for them. I lost everything but the clothes on my back in Katrina and know what a beoutch it is to come home and everything is swept into the bay. BTW you can notice how effective the new building codes are on the islands. If you do build on a island or in or near a surge zone make sure it's cylindrical. It has a better chance of surviving a mega surge like Katrina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You mean the city started requiring BFE+1 for a permit? (The city would generally not set a BFE, FEMA would). Did the City do that before the new maps came out, and then the new maps raised them even higher? Or did the city adopt a BFE+1 requirement (I assume for breaks on NFIP rates?) after the new maps came out?
    I know most of the coastal counties and cities in Ga have adopted BFE +1 over the past decade or so. It is definitely a factor in the CRS used by NFIP to set rates. We have also done a lot of general stormwater planning and started a stormwater utility to provide maintenance funds to help cut rates.

vCash
    How far are you from Naples FL?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    How far are you from Naples FL?
    i was in Naples today.