Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seeing where Cade Fortin is the starter for Ark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    In watching the film of Ark v Bama, they run blocked pretty good vs Bama. You know Bama has some men in the front 7 too. So I'm more worried about them running and running on us. Fortin is a 50% passer. So hopefully we can key on the run and take some chances with man coverage.

This will be a tough win regardless of their QB.
    This is where State having Leach sets us apart from where we used to be. Arky is State under Mullen. State was fine if the other teams offense didn?t get ahead by two touchdowns. But once that happened we really didn?t have the explosive ability to catch up.

I hope that?s the position we put arky in come 48 hours from now. This game is more about our offense executed like it can. If we do, I really don?t care how well they run outside of it?s going to piss me off that we didn?t stop them. They won?t be able to catch us and they will eventually be forced to throw more than they are comfortable?. All hail pick six?s!

But we will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You think it's gamesmanship?

Could be.
    No, I thinks its a different type of injury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    We also missed 3 FGs so it wasn't all on the refs as to why we lost.
    No but holding them on 4th down with a lead and the refs throwing a bullshit pass interference that takes the ball away from us in victory formation decided the game. We could have still held them 4 more plays and won but we shouldn't have had to. A pass interference when the DB is 3 yards behind the WR who dropped the ball isn't a pass interference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Well, that's interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I see.

There's some speculation it's his throwing shoulder and not his head.

vCash
    Nevermind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    This is where State having Leach sets us apart from where we used to be. Arky is State under Mullen. State was fine if the other teams offense didn?t get ahead by two touchdowns. But once that happened we really didn?t have the explosive ability to catch up.

I hope that?s the position we put arky in come 48 hours from now. This game is more about our offense executed like it can. If we do, I really don?t care how well they run outside of it?s going to piss me off that we didn?t stop them. They won?t be able to catch us and they will eventually be forced to throw more than they are comfortable?. All hail pick six?s!

But we will see.
    A lot of Arkansas fans' frustration with Briles is that we go into a conservative shell with a lead and it's the reason we rarely ever blow anyone out. We'll go up like 17-0 but let other teams back in it with countless runs up the middle and punt in three plays. Then when we're behind, the offense looks amazing because we are actually forced to open it up and run a normal offense with some deep shots down the field. The 52-51 Ole Miss game and 42-35 game against Alabama last season were examples of that and showed that the offense can be explosive when we're not just trying to play keep-away the entire game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    A lot of Arkansas fans' frustration with Briles is that we go into a conservative shell with a lead and it's the reason we rarely ever blow anyone out. We'll go up like 17-0 but let other teams back in it with countless runs up the middle and punt in three plays. Then when we're behind, the offense looks amazing because we are actually forced to open it up and run a normal offense with some deep shots down the field. The 52-51 Ole Miss game and 42-35 game against Alabama last season were examples of that and showed that the offense can be explosive when we're not just trying to play keep-away the entire game.
    Good post - but does arky have that fire power this year? Burks alone had 136 v pisspore U and like 170ish v Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I see.

There's some speculation it's his throwing shoulder and not his head.
    It maybe his shoulder too. He took a nasty blow to head against bama. It maybe both head and shoulder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It maybe his shoulder too. He took a nasty blow to head against bama. It maybe both head and shoulder.
    Knees and toes knees