Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Seeing where Cade Fortin is the starter for Ark

vCash
    Word on Hogville.com is Malik Hornsby has beat Fortin out to start Saturday. He's a runner not a passer.

The Hog insiders are saying b/c of the Tua Fiasco KJ will NOT play Saturday. Pittman is not taking a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Word on Hogville.com is Malik Hornsby has beat Fortin out to start Saturday. He's a runner not a passer.

The Hog insiders are saying b/c of the Tua Fiasco KJ will NOT play Saturday. Pittman is not taking a chance.
    If we are facing Hornsby, I would genuinely lay 14 points.

vCash
    Once he went into protocol there was no way he was playing this week.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

I don't think Hogville would know anything either way. I don't expect KJ to play though.

I would expect Fortin to get the start but for there to be packages for Hornsby for sure. Briles might have to pull everything out of the playbook in this one. Normally our fans hate the double reverse passes and trick plays he does but this might be a time to justify it lol

vCash
    All of the Arky practice videos I've seen this week primarily show Hornsby in drills, skelly etc. Not much of the other guy. I'm sure Briles and Pittman know what a mobile QB does vs our LBs. I hope it's Fortin if KJ can't go.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    All of the Arky practice videos I've seen this week primarily show Hornsby in drills, skelly etc. Not much of the other guy. I'm sure Briles and Pittman know what a mobile QB does vs our LBs. I hope it's Fortin if KJ can't go.
    I can agree with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    And he can't throw for shit. His legs are it. It looks like the game plan is to make it a ground game against us with Hornsby and Rocket. Load the box and let our back end cover the receivers.

vCash
    And he can't throw for shit. His legs are it. It looks like the game plan is to make it a ground game against us with Hornsby and Rocket. Load the box and let our back end cover the receivers.
    Might be the Lynn Bowden Kentucky gameplan lol

vCash
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Pittman played Fortin last week knowing that Hornsby would go against us as a diversion.

vCash
    Jayden Daniels cant either....

I hope we have the same defensive gameplan that auburn had against LSU if Hornsby is playing, they are very similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Pittman played Fortin last week knowing that Hornsby would go against us as a diversion.
    Doesn't matter.

Leach said in his press conference Monday that they already know what KJ can do so they are looking at film for the other two quarterbacks.

Mike Leach ain't no dummy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

I hope we have the same defensive gameplan that auburn had against LSU if Hornsby is playing, they are very similar.
    Arnett has already taken the blame for that one. He said he did not adjust the defense to Daniels escape routes. That was on him. He said that's not going to happen again.

Outside of a few runs from Haynes King it's worked.

vCash
    Doesn't matter.

Leach said in his press conference Monday that they already know what KJ can do so they are looking at film for the other two quarterbacks.

Mike Leach ain't no dummy.
    This. Heck if we all know about the situation you know good and well the staff does too.

vCash
    Heard Pittman say yesterday that KJ did practice "some" (took a few snaps) and will make the trip to Starkvegas but it's a day by day thing.

vCash
    Heard Pittman say yesterday that KJ did practice "some" (took a few snaps) and will make the trip to Starkvegas but it's a day by day thing.
    Then there's the question of if he clears protocol, could you run him like you normally would? I don't think you can play him if he can't run like normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

I don't know if Daniels can't throw, but our problem is you don't have to be a great thrower to hit receivers that are open because you've extended the play long enough for coverage to break down. I don't think a bad thrower can consistently beat us with his legs, but I think he'll be able to do enough that it will be dangerous for us if we start slowly or have an early turnover. Just can't spot them a lead where they can afford to ground and pound and burn clock.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't think it's a concussion thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it's a concussion thing
    You think it's gamesmanship?

Could be.

vCash
    In watching the film of Ark v Bama, they run blocked pretty good vs Bama. You know Bama has some men in the front 7 too. So I'm more worried about them running and running on us. Fortin is a 50% passer. So hopefully we can key on the run and take some chances with man coverage.

This will be a tough win regardless of their QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    In watching the film of Ark v Bama, they run blocked pretty good vs Bama. You know Bama has some men in the front 7 too. So I'm more worried about them running and running on us. Fortin is a 50% passer. So hopefully we can key on the run and take some chances with man coverage.

This will be a tough win regardless of their QB.
    I'm kind of wondering now if this KJ thing is a way for Pittman to rally the troops after the Bama let down. They put a lot into that Bama game.