Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should we slow the hype train just a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Drew Sanders is pretty big time. He's been a hybrid edge rusher/LB for Arkansas but Todd McShay has him as a first round pick in his latest mock. The rest have been mostly 2-3 different guys.
    You're right, Pig... I hate Bammer lost him but I totally dig his (business) decision... Turner & Anderson had him "buried" on the depth chart...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-03-2022 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Dang straight! Look at people like JP, Russell... all these young people coming up!
    JP and Russell are redshirt juniors. They aren't young. They're inexperienced.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Barry Odom is a very good DC, but losing a lot of veterans on defense will hurt any team in the country not named Bama or UGA. Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma etc all have experienced it this year or in years past. I still think Ark wins 7 or 8 games. I think we beat them, LSU beats them, but they should beat BYU, Auburn, Missouri and Liberty. Ole Miss is a toss up. They will still have a solid year and I?m sure Odom will have their defense back on track soon. Hopefully it?s just after this weekend
    I hear you but even with those players the Arkansas defense wasn?t great last year, and they added pretty well regarded players from Alabama, Georgia and LSU including some who started for those teams last season.

Odom has a good reputation but hasn?t actually produced a good defense in quite a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    JP and Russell are redshirt juniors. They aren't young. They're inexperienced.
    I'm not arguing over that.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They need to put their mouth guards in. But I really don?t care if they keep winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I hear you but even with those players the Arkansas defense wasn?t great last year, and they added pretty well regarded players from Alabama, Georgia and LSU including some who started for those teams last season.

Odom has a good reputation but hasn?t actually produced a good defense in quite a while.
    He got a good reputation here because of 2020. It seemed like 80% of the board was convinced that the rush 3 and drop 8 was going to stop the Air Raid.

We now know that KJ Costello was a complete headcase. Still can't believe that guy went from throwing like 600 yards against LSU to being a turnover machine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He got a good reputation here because of 2020. It seemed like 80% of the board was convinced that the rush 3 and drop 8 was going to stop the Air Raid.

We now know that KJ Costello was a complete headcase. Still can't believe that guy went from throwing like 600 yards against LSU to being a turnover machine.
    Was amazing the rapid decline of Costello. Happened quick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. I hate it when people say "we beat team x, but they're not very good this year"! EVERY SEC win is tough and EVERY SEC win is earned, especially road games. There's no gimmes in the SEC and even Vandy can be a tough out on occasion. You'll never hear me say we beat any sec team because they weren't very good this year. The SEC is a grind every single week.
    Agreed Comet. You get it.

I was a afraid I was gonna have to do another math post for those that don't. SEC is tough.

In summary:

7-5 + 3 wins = 10-2

9-3 - 1 loss = 8-4

9-3 - 1 loss = 8-4

8-4 - 1 loss = 7-5

x = NOT A DOWN YEAR. STOP IT.

For trivia, what year is X?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I say everybody hype train their asses to the game. It was so much fun Saturday. These guys play hard and deserve to have a full stadium. Get off your asses and go. Go get in the woods after the game. It kickoff at 11;00.
    Yes, sir! The son and I will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    For real. Grab a shovel and throw some coal in the boiler. Let's get this train chugging. hype! hype! hype! We need a full stadium for Arkansas and Auburn.
    Exactly. No one is tattooing #webelieve on their body! But we can still go all in each week and enjoy the ride. Bitch on the game thread. Cheer at the game. Yell at the TV. Do what you do, but get into this season. It's going to be (is) a fun one! This isn't going to be the 4-8 so many predicted. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Absolutely, we MSU fans are slow to hype our team because we have been burned before, too many times. But, so has every fan base except Bama. Still, if we don?t promote our own team, no one else will.
    And finally, this^

2012 was a decade ago. Fun fact: It took Johnny Football to give TAMU their only double digit win season since joining the SEC. Why does the media talk about them like they are a power house? 6 out of 9.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was watching our Joe Burrow after the LSU game. Some of those throws he made against them were amazing. It wasn't all because Pelini blitzed all game like the narrative stated. They didn't- they played some zone. He just couldn't play within himself in the system after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was watching our Joe Burrow after the LSU game. Some of those throws he made against them were amazing. It wasn't all because Pelini blitzed all game like the narrative stated. They didn't- they played some zone. He just couldn't play within himself in the system after that.
    It wasn't just that. It was defenses adjusting and making life hard for a group of players that didn't have time to really understand the system fully.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Costello is literally blind to players playing zone. He is like a TRex. If you don't move, he can't see you.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Yeah, it wasn't just his fault though. Remember a WR not running these routes right hurt this system majorly.

vCash
    Exactly. No one is tattooing #webelieve on their body! But we can still go all in each week and enjoy the ride. Bitch on the game thread. Cheer at the game. Yell at the TV. Do what you do, but get into this season. It's going to be (is) a fun one! This isn't going to be the 4-8 so many predicted. Good grief.

THIS! 100% this! The fans that came made a difference in key spots in that game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't just his fault though. Remember a WR not running these routes right hurt this system majorly.
    I don't know about that. Costello shoulders most of the blame because when I watched him during the spring playing in that other league he threw a pick 6 in the championship game to seal the W for the other team....Seems like habits really die hard for him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Saturday was awesome! We made adjustments and ran the ball at will. We have three really quality backs and an oline that is finally putting it together. Finally played a game well in all three phases.

I've still got concerns though. For some reason I have feelings of that auburn game of the Moorhead era where he took his coaching pills and then forgot them every week after that.

Are we going to continue to run the ball like that? Was A&M way overrated to begin the season (yes)? Because they looked bad Saturday. Im just pumping the breaks a little. We beat a better Aggie team in college station and then still crapped the bed later in the season. I am cautiously optimistic though. Does anybody else share the same feelings?
    This is something I wish I was wrong about