Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we slow the hype train just a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    A&M has a horrible run defensive plan. Teams won't play us the same. So, no we won't run that much and nor should we unless they give us that much room to run.

This is the beauty of Leach's system once he gets it fully in place with the right QB. I am not sure if the QB is calling a lot of those runs at the line or not but I don't think our opponent knows either.
    Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters.

Bama & UGA have elite pass rushers, so those are the only two teams that should beat us following LSU, who also has elite pass rushers
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters.

Bama & UGA have elite pass rushers, so those are the only two teams that should beat us following LSU, who also has elite pass rushers
    Ark has 4 guys in the top 10 in sec sacks. OM has 2 in the top 10. Auburn has 1. Bama has 1.

vCash

Isn't it funny how a lot of people on this board thought durkin "had us figured out and knew how to stop us". Apparently he didnt. If we execute it really doesn't matter what defense we're up against because Leach has plays to defeat any defense(yes even the 3-8). As with any offense if you face elite pass rushers and don't protect it will destroy your offense I don't care if you've got Mahomes back there(see super bowl against tampa bay). And I know everyone thinks Leach just has a few plays on his little card but if you've ever looked at his playbook(I've seen it because I have a friend who played for him at Valdosta State), you know it's way more than that because every route and play within his offense has multiple options based on the defensive looks. That's why it takes a cerebral qb and intelligent receivers to run it and why it can take until year 3 to get it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Ark has 4 guys in the top 10 in sec sacks. OM has 2 in the top 10. Auburn has 1. Bama has 1.
    OL better come ready & Will better know where the vacancy is. I don't see big time pass rushers on Ark or OM. My guess is that they're getting those through mostly blitzing which opens up holes.

vCash
    Arkansas has the 124th ranked pass defense in the country. So it's pretty clear that they're sending the house

vCash
    Arkansas has the 124th ranked pass defense in the country. So it's pretty clear that they're sending the house
    This is exactly what they've been doing because they can't cover. Lot of man coverage which can mean big plays for this offense.

vCash
    I say everybody hype train their asses to the game. It was so much fun Saturday. These guys play hard and deserve to have a full stadium. Get off your asses and go. Go get in the woods after the game. It kickoff at 11;00.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No, let's speed up the hype train and take some pride in ourselves as a fanbase for once!
    This comment: For some reason I have feelings of that auburn game of the Moorhead era where he took his coaching pills and then forgot them every week after that.

We simply can not enjoy the process. Leach is doing more for MSU for less and with less than anybody in the SEC west. Just enjoy and encourage.

vCash
    I think we're a good team and only getting better. We aren't even playing our best ball yet and here is why:

1. Our OL is still figuring things out. Yes the OL was awesome on Saturday but there's no way that their best game is the first one with the new alignment. Also, when Dollar comes back, does he fill in a weakness and makes the line even better?

2. Our WRs are getting better. RaRa continues to assert himself more and more, we're getting the ball to Tulu more, and Will is looking down field more and more. However, on top of all that, it's not rocket science to see that Justin Robinson has an enormous ceiling. Saturday was basically his first game and surely he's going to continue to improve. It's not hard to forsee the combo of Rara, Tulu, Ducking, Walley, Robinson, Rufus, etc being one of the best WR corps in the country.

3. Crumedy isn't back yet. Our best DL hasn't even played yet this year and will be back down the stretch run.

All this to say, get excited. This team is only scratching the surface.
    Dang straight! Look at people like JP, Russell... all these young people coming up!

vCash
    Was there a point in this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I say everybody hype train their asses to the game. It was so much fun Saturday. These guys play hard and deserve to have a full stadium. Get off your asses and go. Go get in the woods after the game. It kickoff at 11;00.
    You nailed it, Jack. I love how hard these kids play! They may make some mistakes but gone are the loafing, non-hustling, bad attitude things we used to see under jomo. These kids are leaving it all on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No, let's speed up the hype train and take some pride in ourselves as a fanbase for once!
    For real. Grab a shovel and throw some coal in the boiler. Let's get this train chugging. hype! hype! hype! We need a full stadium for Arkansas and Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Was there a point in this?
    Maybe you should read the post it was a response to. Here, I'll make it easy for you...

Shotgun, "Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters."

How do you find out who has elite pass rushers? Checking sack stats is a good place to start.

vCash
    Did you see how high he jumped on that? His butt was at the defender's head. Unreal athlete
    Yes he's got big days ahead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a way to get there from Texas - big game

vCash
    Maybe you should read the post it was a response to. Here, I'll make it easy for you...

Shotgun, "Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters."

How do you find out who has elite pass rushers? Checking sack stats is a good place to start.
    Not really. TAMU had the "best" pass defense in the SEC. Did they really or is it who the played? Same with Ole Miss. They are a pretenders. They are not good. Not on defense, not on offense. Look at who they played!

That elite pass rushing Ark did what vs Bama? They had 1 sack. How many vs that epitome of GREATNESS Mizzou St? You remember the team they struggled with even though they had 8 sacks? Stats are only good when looking at the whole picture.

vCash
    Not really. TAMU had the "best" pass defense in the SEC. Did they really or is it who the played? Same with Ole Miss. They are a pretenders. They are not good. Not on defense, not on offense. Look at who they played!

That elite pass rushing Ark did what vs Bama? They had 1 sack. How many vs that epitome of GREATNESS Mizzou St? You remember the team they struggled with even though they had 8 sacks? Stats are only good when looking at the whole picture.
    TAM has the 6th best overall and 8th vs conference pass defense. AU got after the QB pretty good the other night, however LSU's Oline is very young. But I did come away thinking AU had some dudes on defense.

Arky seems to get after QB good too. Not sure about KY and OM.

ETA: Here's my thoughts on the hype train. When we won baseball Natty, our fanbase was hopeful, but not hyped. And the underlying current is we would not win it all. When our fanbase gets hyped up, we always come crashing hard back to earth. Example ... LSU game this year. One game at a time is the best way to think about it IMO.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 10-03-2022 at 12:22 PM.

vCash
    All I see is fans being excited about a big win and a big game coming up this weekend. If that's a hype train then I'm all for it.

vCash

If you say aTm is no good, then we've only played one good team, lsu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    TAM has the 6th best overall and 8th vs conference pass defense. AU got after the QB pretty good the other night, however LSU's Oline is very young. But I did come away thinking AU had some dudes on defense.

Arky seems to get after QB good too. .
    Not prior to this weekend.

Prior to tamu playing us, they were top 10 in passing defense in the nation! Allowing only 102 yards per game.

Again, look at who those sacks came against. 14 of their 21 came against Mizzou st and South Carolina. The whole picture.