Thread: Basketball

vCash

Basketball

Any word coming out of practice? What's our likely starting 5?

vCash
    Bump... little under a month to go

vCash
    I didn't make it but there was an open scrimmage Friday night. Anyone go?

vCash
    I took my boys Friday night. We certainly have some long, athletic looking players but can Coach Jans get more out of them? I have no idea. I like DeShawn Davis (Oregon State transfer), he could be a key player for us. He shot well in the 3-point competition and was consistent. Isaac Stansbury also shot in the 3-point competition. I think he had the 2nd highest total of the guys (over DJ Jeffries and someone else, I don't recall).

They gave out small posters for the night and they put DJ Jeffries on for the men, I tend to think of Tolu as our go to star this year so that seemed a bit odd.

Other than that, there was nothing to take away. Judges for the dunk competition were Jake Mangum, Ron Polk, and Bailey Howell. The highest any of them gave was a 5 (out of 10) lol.

edited: I should have clarified all they did Friday night was introduce the players, a 3-point competition for men's and women's, skill competition for women and dunk competition for men. That's it.

vCash
    Jeffries is an odd choice. I really wanna take that as a clue on who will bust out this season. If Jan's can unlock Jeffries, this season looks much better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Jan's can unlock Jeffries, this season looks much better
    I'd like to think all it will take is not stubbornly forcing him into a box like his last two coaches did.

vCash
    Does anyone know if there's a plan for McCarthy? It's in, um, rough shape. No working bathrooms, just two chemical toilets outside the front doors. I know it's not used for much anymore but it's a neat building with a ton of history. Seems like it could be repurposed for something?

vCash
    I went Friday and feel that the Women will be in the top half of the league and should be a tourney team....the. men will come down to whether or not Jans can get them to play as a team..... I was hoping to see Murphy do some things but he was in a boot ...

vCash
    And what box would that be? All I ever see the guy doing is standing around the 3 point line and putting his hands in his pants.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a plan for McCarthy? It's in, um, rough shape. No working bathrooms, just two chemical toilets outside the front doors. I know it's not used for much anymore but it's a neat building with a ton of history. Seems like it could be repurposed for something?
    I think there are plans to tear it down. Not sure on a timeline but that's the rumor I heard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    It does have a ton of history ....when Linda Ronstadt came to MSU in the late 70's .part of her contract had that we had to provide her a place to workout ...of course we closed the McCarthy Gym and only a few select perverts were allowed to go watch her. Yeah she was hot....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    I think there are plans to tear it down. Not sure on a timeline but that's the rumor I heard
    It's in a premium spot on campus. Makes sense to tear it down and use for something needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    I went Friday and feel that the Women will be in the top half of the league and should be a tourney team....the. men will come down to whether or not Jans can get them to play as a team..... I was hoping to see Murphy do some things but he was in a boot ...
    Murphy is a BIG fellow, so is the New Mexico St transfer. Not sure how long Murphy will be out though.

Also, the players seemed to really like Jans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    And what box would that be? All I ever see the guy doing is standing around the 3 point line and putting his hands in his pants.
    Not putting him in a box was the problem. He fancies himself a 3 pt shooter and if I remember correctly he shot 22% in conference.