Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Pulled Pork Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Pulled Pork Edition

1. What a great day of football yesterday. My youngest played and played well. He's also been moved up from the 6th grade team to start on the 7th grade team. Very proud Daddy of course. Grabbed a pork sandwich for lunch topped with slaw and BBQ sauce for good luck. It was really good and hit the spot. Then watched college football and my Draft Kings account grow all day long beginning with making my money back and more on us from the LSU loss.

2. Those of us that have not enjoyed the Airbone so far were treated to an absolute joy of a game yesterday. 48 passes of course but to our surprise 37 rushes. We RTGDF 37 times!!!!!! 173 yards rushing is now the standard of the Pirate Era at State. That's all most of us have wanted. Please RTGDF against these soft 3 man fronts with teams playing the DE's in 5 Techs. We even ran a little Double G once pulling both guards to the right and getting outside. Defense gonna play that softass 3-8? #RTGDF. Thank You for playing good football. Running the football more often stops teams from running some of these twists and stunts with the DL. It does nothing but help the offense. Hopefully we continue this.

3. Rogers had another solid day but it wasnt one of his best for sure. He missed multiple open WR's to check down and play safe. He didnt throw a pick but he did have a few of "almost picked" to quote Killaburger who used to write for the Clarion-Liar. One bad one was in the red zone in the 1st half. We had Walley I believe on the post with a good step plus on his guy for a TD but instead we checked down to the RB for an incomplete Killaburger near pick. QB had a good day just didnt think his decisions were as sharp as usual against a team that didnt change coverage very much.

4. How about that OL huh? They were outstanding yesterday. Very few pressures and no sacks against the team that leads the country in sacks. Running game accounting for 173 yards. Physical play all day long. 568 yards. They balled out and didnt even have a dolla bill to spend. This group were the players of the game.

5. 85 plays yesterday. We are 2nd in the SEC right now in plays run. That absolutely wears down a defense and allows us to control the game and clock in the 4th Q. Allows RB to run through tacklers and such. Good football.

6. Wheat is a joy to watch defensively. He just ran thru their OG on his sack. Just brutal the way he treated that guy.

7. Purvis looked good at LB also. Made a few plays and got pressure on the QB on blitzes. He is playing situationally right now but looks to be someone that can be an every down guy next year.

8. Forbes has got to moving up some draft boards with his play. McShay didnt even have him listed in the top 20 before the season and I thought that was ridiculous but by now he has got to be a mid-round pick at worst. He is an NFL cover guy.

9. We ran the ball 37 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Levis said on TV last night the pain was almost gone so he should be back this week. If we play like we did yesterday- it wont matter. Lay the points Saturday as I expect us to be favored. Hail State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I just left Lexington. Talked to a bunch of Ky fans. Talk about sick fans. Most talking how bad their OL is! Several saying QB will play against us. Minor injury.

Great win yesterday! Pirate making adjustments is refreshing!

vCash
    Good assessment and totally endorse point #2
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    2. That's all most of us have wanted. Please RTGDF against these soft 3 man fronts with teams playing the DE's in 5 Techs.
    We have always ran it. But 3 man fronts were doing great jobs stopping it. Just say "I'm glad we have improved in the run game and love the results" It's ok to do that.

10. Levis said on TV last night the pain was almost gone so he should be back this week. If we play like we did yesterday- it wont matter. Lay the points Saturday as I expect us to be favored. Hail State
    I don't think Levis is good. In fact, he's not good. He's decent. UK should be a win.

Pirate making adjustments is refreshing!
    These plays have always been in the game.

vCash
    The rumor on some UK boards is Levis could have played last night. The staff thought they could win without him. Then the defense shit the bed with a very average USC offense. You can't put your backup QB in a hole. And yes, their OL is bad.

vCash
    Enjoyed that one yesterday! The OL has been much better the last 3 games without dolla bill, not knocking him, just the way it is. Did Will even get touched yesterday? Pass pro and run blocking has been outstanding let's keep it up. We got 2 fine rbs, back there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I just left Lexington. Talked to a bunch of Ky fans. Talk about sick fans. Most talking how bad their OL is! Several saying QB will play against us. Minor injury.

I told you I smelled bacon cooking lol

vCash
    Can we please play JP Purvis more. The guy is so much faster and explosive than Watson and gets home just about everytime on a blitz and does something good just about every time he's in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Can we please play JP Purvis more. The guy is so much faster and explosive than Watson and gets home just about everytime on a blitz and does something good just about every time he's in.
    JP and Page next year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

I believe if it was truly a minor injury he would have played last night. Of course the old saying goes minor injury is when someone else has it and major injury is when I have it.

vCash
    Agreed. He is living up to what some of us believed when we signed him. He has come back strong.

vCash
    Three weeks.
    Two Top 25 foes.
    Average final score in that span? 42-18 Dawgs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I don't think Levis is good. In fact, he's not good. He's decent. UK should be a win.
    I think the verdict is in and pretty undeniable after the OM game - NFL arm, ten cent head. Arnett's scheme coming at him behind their sorry OL should have his head spinning. If we just show up ready to play, this one could be very ugly for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I think the verdict is in and pretty undeniable after the OM game - NFL arm, ten cent head. Arnett's scheme coming at him behind their sorry OL should have his head spinning. If we just show up ready to play, this one could be very ugly for them.
    You just feel like the maturity level is there for this team. And I would love to get Crumedy back on the field this weekend too. Not as a starter, but getting him game ready for Bama.

vCash
    Rider to 2. Run the ball effectivly and they can't bull rush though our tackles like LSU did.
    Also add to 4 that Will finally moved out of the pocket and made some plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Rider to 2. Run the ball effectivly and they can't bull rush though our tackles like LSU did.
    Also add to 4 that Will finally moved out of the pocket and made some plays.
    And Will dropped 2 dimes while he was on the run, just perfect throws which shows he must at least practice scrambling some lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    JP and Page next year!
    Jett will be back too.

vCash
    And Will dropped 2 dimes while he was on the run, just perfect throws which shows he must at least practice scrambling some lol
    But if he isn't more careful he will break Costellos Int Rec againts BAMA. They won't drop passes that hit them in the hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    But if he isn't more careful he will break Costellos Int Rec againts BAMA. They won't drop passes that hit them in the hands.
    Yea he has gotten lucky the last two weeks, A&M and Arky could have had ints if they just catch the ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Jett will be back too.
    Bookie can as well if he wants.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.