Thread: aTw Fan Expectations From Jimbp

vCash

aTw Fan Expectations From Jimbp

On the way out of the stadium with my son and I had the following exchange with three older aggie fans:

Me: You guys have have the biggest fraud in college Football in Jimbo, although your oil men can pay the $90 mil buyout.
    Reply: We have plenty of $.

Me: Better hope price of oil goes back up.
    Reply: Doesn't matter. We pay Jimbo to provide a Top 5 program.

Me: Top 5 in SEC West?
    No reply. Blank stares.

Me: Have a safe trip home.

Hail State!

vCash
    Me: I never understand harassing visiting fans - don?t be LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Me: I never understand harassing visiting fans - don?t be LSU.
    Gee Wiz. Was a calm short conversation between adults postgame. They know they have problems with their coach. Not like I hit them in the head with my cowbell.

vCash
    To you it was probably a casual conversation. To them it was probably taken as sarcasm from a SEC lower level team fan who just pulled a major upset and wanted to do a little sublime needling.

They know they have a team full of Freshmen who will need time. Jimbo is safe?..for now.

vCash
    Totally classless conversation. I hope karma bites you in the ass. Fans like you are losers.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    To you it was probably a casual conversation. To them it was probably taken as sarcasm from a SEC lower level team fan who just pulled a major upset and wanted to do a little sublime needling.

They know they have a team full of Freshmen who will need time. Jimbo is safe?..for now.
    He sucks at developing players. He gets five and four stars and that is it. Saban gets five and four stars and he develops them into great football players. Why in the hell is A$M so young? They have all these great recruiting classes year after year so why do they suck? He sucks as a coach. When your roster is loaded with 4 and 5 stars you should never be young. Is Bama ever young?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Totally classless conversation. I hope karma bites you in the ass. Fans like you are losers.
    I am a lifetime MSU fan and supporter and by far not a loser. They were on our tuft and looking back they may return to Texas and I may have left an added unfavorable memory of their trip in addition to their loss on the field. As for karma, have been bitten much worse at OM, bama, by LSU fans, at SEC Championship game vs. TN, ... My post may have come across as rubbing it in worse than it was. The point was that they of course expect much higher level success from Jimbo and see themselves as a Top 5 program. Top 5 in West remark was unnecessary. Will be a more gracious winner after we beat Arky.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 10-02-2022 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Good lord man...that's a little much. Not a trash talker at all myself, but you went waaayyy over the top

vCash
    What's wrong with have a safe trip and good luck next week... high road
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

It ain't an upset when you're favored to win the game to begin with.

Y'all are being way too hard on Golden.

vCash
    Damn soft ass fans up in here. His conversation wasn't anywhere close to being classless. He just gave some light jabbing at their coach. Yall need to lighten up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    It ain't an upset when you're favored to win the game to begin with.

Y'all are being way too hard on Golden.
    You contextually miss read that statement by leaving out the first two words. <To them>, indicating what was in Aggie Fans heads (re: expectations).

vCash
    Some of the posts are over the top, but I completely understand their frustration. They might think they want Leach but their fans would never have the patience for Leach to re shape a team. A lot of our fans don’t even have patience for it. With the money they are paying Jimbo I would not be happy with 8-4 seasons. I would expect to at least be 2nd in the west and 3rd in the SEC at minimum aside from UGA and Bama. Even then I would expect to beat them some years. Jimbo going 8-4 would be equivalent to Leach going 4-8 over and over.

vCash
    You contextually miss read that statement by leaving out the first two words. <To them>, indicating what was in Aggie Fans heads (re: expectations).
    Oops, you are correct. My apologies for my lack of reading comprehension.

vCash

We've beaten them more than they've beaten us the last several years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Oops, you are correct. My apologies for my lack of reading comprehension.
    No problem at all. And thanks for the apology and civility. Just wanted to explain my context. I really have no idea what was in their head. Just guessing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    On the way out of the stadium with my son and I had the following exchange with three older aggie fans:

Me: You guys have have the biggest fraud in college Football in Jimbo, although your oil men can pay the $90 mil buyout.
    Reply: We have plenty of $.

Me: Better hope price of oil goes back up.
    Reply: Doesn't matter. We pay Jimbo to provide a Top 5 program.

Me: Top 5 in SEC West?
    No reply. Blank stares.

Me: Have a safe trip home.

Hail State!
    I spit out my water at the Top 5 in the SEC West comment!!!

It isn?t an upset when we consistently beat them more than they beat us. They may be the most underachieving program ever . And to the people that say ? just let them keep recruiting top 5 ??.. I?m buddy ?. They been recruiting top 10 and top 5 for the past 10-15 years. Multiple coaches . Still 8-4.

They went 8-4 with Johnny freaking Manziel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Some of the posts are over the top, but I completely understand their frustration. They might think they want Leach but their fans would never have the patience for Leach to re shape a team. A lot of our fans don’t even have patience for it. With the money they are paying Jimbo I would not be happy with 8-4 seasons. I would expect to at least be 2nd in the west and 3rd in the SEC at minimum aside from UGA and Bama. Even then I would expect to beat them some years. Jimbo going 8-4 would be equivalent to Leach going 4-8 over and over.

These big programs think they own everyone that doesn?t have the money that they do. Just like in normal life .

TCU beats Oklahoma
    App State beats Texas A&M
    Marshall beats Notre Dame

I think a lot of people have overreacted to the NIL and portal era and thought it would ruin college football.

Well, it?s going to make it more entertaining because the NIL players do not have the work ethic as the 3 stars that don?t get paid . Once these guys lose 2-3 games in the season, they quit because their goal was a easy national title not a 7-5 trip to the liberty bowl.

vCash
    I always thought om had the copyright on classless wins but after the DOGS beat Eli his soph year a loud obnoxious DOG lady came and embarrassed me in front of a very classy, wonderful om older couple in my group. I apologized to them and said I hope she enjoyed it because the DOGS would not beat Eli again........I was right. Be cool, don?t be jerks or om frat wannabes......Take the high road and laugh when you get home......That being said I remember walking out of the cotton bowl when JWS lost, the loud mouth smart @$$ UT remarks and I just smiled and said congrats....1 out of 3 ain’t bad......Thanks JWS.....
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-03-2022 at 08:19 PM.