1. What a great day yesterday. Weather finally cooling off a little, an inch and half thick ribeye, homemade scalloped potatoes, along with grilled peppers and onions in olive oil and worchestershire. Some wine to go with it because ya know- I'm very heart conscious.

2. Really good win yesterday for Mr October. Slow start by both teams as we had a scoreless 1st- leaving many that had bet on the Under very excited only to see those hopes crushed in the 4th Q. The AirBone grinded out 16 plays on a drive just to end up punting. We ran 46-47 total plays in the 1st half. Even with the break their D got in the 3rd- we just pushed them around in the 4th.

3. Will Rogers must be an altar boy. He had a throw over the middle that a DB was about to pick and his teammate came in and batted it away before he could make the pick. It happens tho and is part of the game. Then with A&M driving in the 2nd we get Two Chains to fumble and we recover inside the 10. That fumble changed the game somewhat altho I think we would have still won it because were so much more physical. After the turnover- Rogers had what was almost assuredly a Pick-6 dropped by another DB. 3 big plays in the 2nd Q that allowed us to take control of the game.

4. Really liked how we took the shot after A&M scored to cut it to 28-17. They had some Mo on their side and were ready to come out and make a stop. We went for the glory on 1st down and grabbed it. Love that. Good throw and catch.

5. OL balled out. Played really physical. No sacks. 6 ypc. 24 runs is more of what this offense needs every week. 24/25 runs per week along with 45 passes. avg 70 plays a game. Thats a much better ratio. Dont want to leave out the way the RB's blocked for each other as well when we went with 2 backs.

6. Two Chains got his yards as he was 16/111 but his fumble in the 2nd really changed the momentum of the game. But bigger than that was him not getting called for multiple chop blocks he had in pass pro during the game. At least 3 times in the game he cut one of our players who was engaged with an OL guy. Not only is that a 15 yard penalty- but its a way to hurt guys. Officials review all the games and it wont change anything- but Leach needs to raise some hell about that so that he gets called for it moving forward. I'm sure they will see it next week vs Bama.

7. Defensively we did a very good job of getting pressure. We blitzed some and we had guys all around to confuse their protection even when we didnt blitz. A&M threw fairly successfully when we didnt pressure tho and that is concerning moving forward.

8. How about #13? Reminds me of State legend Robert Bean. Bean was probably the best we have had at blocking punts and kicks. 13 came off the edge perfectly to hammer that kick and set up the scoop and score. Another huge play at a time A&M was trying to make it a 1 score game. Instead of 14-6 it became 21-3 and essentially sealed the deal for us. Then his pick 6 was absolutely ridiculous.

9. Jimbo may get run this November but I doubt it. They play more Freshmen than anybody so that probably buys him one more chance next season. But in this day and age of college football- who knows? The Big Boys of Texas may tell Bjerk to run him and they will pay the ridiculous amount of money for him to not come to work.

10. UPig up next. Line was 3 but I'd expect it to be about 6-7 today. This is actually a good match-up for us. Their D against the pass is bad. Offensively, they are physical and want to make a few throws. Our D is physical and should match theirs pretty well. Bama held KJ to 17/38 yards and when you do that- UPig will struggle offensively. I look for Leach to get the 2nd leg of his run as Mr October Saturday

Hail State