Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could 2022 be a 2014 lite?

vCash

Could 2022 be a 2014 lite?

If we win this weekend, the egg could possibly be for a trip to a NY6 bowl...

State 8-3 vs OM 9-2/8-3
    Last edited by msstate7; 10-02-2022 at 08:32 AM.

vCash
    Would have to beat Georgia.

vCash
    We keep up this 65/35 pass/run and it's quite possible.

Takeo Spikes on SECN said our 1st quarter runs forced Durkin to adjust and that opened up some windows for Will in the passing game.

vCash
    Ole Miss schedule almost guarantees them a playoff spot.

vCash
    Gonna have to win every game but Bama and Georgia for me to think about that comparison.

We've got a tough schedule this year but I really like a lot of the components of this team. You don't like the loss to LSU but 8-4 this year with this schedule means we were at worst a Top 20 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Nah, Georgia and bama in playoffs. Just have to be next highest ranked. LSU and ark could be in the mix also

vCash
    And that's very doable!

vCash
    For a NY6 . No sir we do not

We can lose to bama and Georgia but win out everywhere else and go 9-3 and have a outside chance at a NY6 if things go right . The way it?s set up this year is that the Fiesta bowl and the peach bowl are the playoff bowls

So that means sugar is open for the SEC,
    The cotton bowl is open .
    The orange bowl is open.

But I would not even think about that because there is 7 more games for us to play .

When was the last time we won back to back big games ?

Hail state but let?s focus on Arkansas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We keep up this 65/35 pass/run and it's quite possible.

Takeo Spikes on SECN said our 1st quarter runs forced Durkin to adjust and that opened up some windows for Will in the passing game.
    We did some things in the run game we haven't seen before and even threw in some play action fakes once we established the run. We're seeing Leach evolve, as much as some around here won't want to admit it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Ole Miss schedule almost guarantees them a playoff spot.
    Brother?. Ole Miss ain?t going to no playoff.

Can ole miss go 10-2? Yes they can

Ole miss can?t put teams away like they should.

That?s gonna cost them in tiger stadium in 3 weeks when they are top 5. A top 25 LSU team coming home to play a top 5 ole miss game will be a sell out in tiger stadium and most likely be a night game.

I can see ole miss going 9-3 very easily tho.

vCash
    Crap, I forgot about Tenn. If we want a shot at my scenario playing out, we need them to lose. Winner of UT/LSU sets themselves up nicely for that NY6 bowl

vCash
    9-3 would get us a NY6 bowl most likely. The CFP committee likes us more than any other FBS team, relative to the AP and Coaches polls. We would just need to be ranked in the top 12 (possibly a little higher if a team outside the top 12 grabs an autobid).

10-2 gives us a great shot at the Sugar, but we'd have to navigate around LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    9-3 would get us a NY6 bowl most likely. The CFP committee likes us more than any other FBS team, relative to the AP and Coaches polls. We would just need to be ranked in the top 12 (possibly a little higher if a team outside the top 12 grabs an autobid).

10-2 gives us a great shot at the Sugar, but we'd have to navigate around LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.
    I?m not ready to start talking about NY6 but that Georgia game in starkville comes at a PERFECT time .

Georgia will be coming off tennessee and the week after us they go to Lexington to play Kentucky .

They might overlook us .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I?m not ready to start talking about NY6 but that Georgia game in starkville comes at a PERFECT time .

Georgia will be coming off tennessee and the week after us they go to Lexington to play Kentucky .

They might overlook us .
    Maybe, but I feel like their overlooking days may be over

vCash
    It potentially could have been BUT we lost to a bad LSU team. The 2014 team didn't lose to a bad team.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I?d slow down on all that hype yet because our defense still has a major concern and that is mobile qbs. We are gonna find out soon enough if they can stop the likes of KJ Jefferson and others. If Daniels wasn?t able to run, we beat LSU, regardless of the turnovers. I saw those same concerns again when King came in yesterday. If we can?t stop mobile qbs we?re possibly looking at 3-4 more losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    It potentially could have been BUT we lost to a bad LSU team. The 2014 team didn't lose to a bad team.
    "Lite"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Brother?. Ole Miss ain?t going to no playoff.

Can ole miss go 10-2? Yes they can

Ole miss can?t put teams away like they should.

That?s gonna cost them in tiger stadium in 3 weeks when they are top 5. A top 25 LSU team coming home to play a top 5 ole miss game will be a sell out in tiger stadium and most likely be a night game.

I can see ole miss going 9-3 very easily tho.

Ole Miss is not good. They are decent. They have yet to play anybody with a pulse. Tulsa would have beaten them if Ole Miss had not taken out their QB. UK is not good and they(UK) had help Ole Miss win it. You are not going to go far with a QB completing just 50% of passes thrown. The back half of thei schedule will see them drop 4 games!

vCash
    The 2014 lost on the road to an Ole Miss team that went 9-4 and finished ranked #17. I could easily see LSU matching that this year.

vCash
    That bad LSU team came back down 17-0 to beat Auburn in Jordan-Hare.